Leverkusen away behind closed doors confirmed

You seem to be enjoying this thread. Spare a thought for those that are hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

Like me ya Royster Doyster. :)
I'm not. Though there has been some posts that amused.

I'm probably going to get refund but really wanted to go.

I guess containing this thing is far more important.

Some are making light of a shite situation.

No one is enjoying bears being out of pocket.

It is absolutely backwards planning from people in power as usuall mate.
To put into perspective how easy it is for one person to infect thousands, one infected person to another and that other person without knowing speaks to another ten people, those ten people all speak to another ten people, which brings it to 100, those hundred people all in contact with ten each and suddenly your looking at 1,000 people possibly infected, that shows how fast it can be spread.

What's also not to say that given how bad it's getting in Germany right now, they might make the decision to ban flights to country's that have it and close down like the Italians have done, that would mean a lot of Rangers fans travelling to Germany might end up stuck there.

I think it's absolute madness any Rangers fans still travelling to an area that has a high infection rate and then might find that coming back they have to self isolate also putting members of their family at risk.

If someone told you the bird you're about to shag had the clap, would you still shag her.

This, from the editor-in-chief of The Lancet, which is one of the world's premier general medical journals :

The UK government—Matt Hancock and Boris Johnson—claim they are following the science. But that is not true. The evidence is clear. We need urgent implementation of social distancing and closure policies. The government is playing roulette with the public. This is a major error.

BCD cant be far away in UK football.

ps What happens when the players start to go down with the virus ?
Cant believe the let Cheltenham go ahead , Watching that crowd today on the telly looked obscene

I'm only going to lose my flight costs unless Eurowings can flights from Heathrow to Cologne, hotel was free cancellation and didn't get match ticket. Feel for the bears who are more out of pocket than me

I haven’t been involved in any such discussions. As the points would need to be applied unilaterllly I don’t really think that’s much compensation.
Have to disagree Greg, provide proof of booking to the TC and get a point, I shelled out £250 for travel (by train) for me and the wee man, hopefully I'll be able to claw at least some of it back as it's staff travel and we can apply for refunds, luckily i've been able to cancel the hotel or that would have been another ton.

I'd be happy with a point as "compensation"!

This, from the editor-in-chief of The Lancet, which is one of the world's premier general medical journals :

The UK government—Matt Hancock and Boris Johnson—claim they are following the science. But that is not true. The evidence is clear. We need urgent implementation of social distancing and closure policies. The government is playing roulette with the public. This is a major error.

Mate 20000 people die in the UK each year from season flu virus-mainly elderly and people with serious underlying health conditions- No hysteria over that. Medical experts say this virus is less deadly and that in open air is less likely to spread than in enclosed spaces. I trust the Chief Medical Officers advice on this.

Mate 20000 people die in the UK each year from season flu virus-mainly elderly and people with serious underlying health conditions- No hysteria over that. Medical experts say this virus is less deadly and that in open air is less likely to spread than in enclosed spaces. I trust the Chief Medical Officers advice on this.

Italy last 24 hours - 168 deaths.

It ain’t worth the fućking risk

Have to disagree Greg, provide proof of booking to the TC and get a point, I shelled out £250 for travel (by train) for me and the wee man, hopefully I'll be able to claw at least some of it back as it's staff travel and we can apply for refunds, luckily i've been able to cancel the hotel or that would have been another ton.

Nobody will get a point for this and does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

There will be that one guy who never misses a game and will try to blag his way in. I know there were several who managed it at the San Siro, different circumstances this time round.

theres no precedent to offer a point for compensation that others would not have access to.

I think the levekusen players would rather play in a full stadium, even at Ibrox. These closed door games give the whole thing an unnatural feel about it for both sets of players.

Remember watching rangers down the pub when we played inter that time and even then it was a strange watch.

I might be in a minority here, but for me the minute fans aren't allowed in, football should stop.

It's not a computer game on a screen, it's a spectator sport.

The best thing to do is scrap Euro 2020, postpone all football in Europe till the end of May, then if the virus has been defeated, complete the season in June and July.

Next season starts September, no winter shutdown, and finishes in early June.

Clubs don't lose ticket money repeatedly, fans get to go watch their teams, and we treat this epidemic with the seriousness it deserves. The sacrifice is no Euro Championship.

Anybody who is travelling independently and booked with an airline should check with the airline. A lot of them have now introduced flexible booking policies allowing you to cancel or change your flight. Worth a shot.

Even a sash-bash looks a wee bit pointless now. The local and state authorities can close pubs for a limited period of time with the stroke of a pen. Even hotel bars probably, but I am not entirely certain on that one.

Nothing says, "got ma money's worth" more than sitting in a Mercure watching the game on a 16" Grundig telly.

Totally gutted for all those Bears who are quids-out on this.

I might be in a minority here, but for me the minute fans aren't allowed in, football should stop.

It's not a computer game on a screen, it's a spectator sport.

The best thing to do is scrap Euro 2020, postpone all football in Europe till the end of May, then if the virus has been defeated, complete the season in June and July.

Next season starts September, no winter shutdown, and finishes in early June.

Clubs don't lose ticket money repeatedly, fans get to go watch their teams, and we treat this epidemic with the seriousness it deserves. The sacrifice is no Euro Championship.
It's not just that, but we could play this game on Thursday's and it might be off a week later. Whole things turning into a shambles.

Asking players to take a risk is unfair on them and I think its inevitable that games will be called off. If one game goes, the whole tournaments a bogey.

Trainline website now saying they will refund tickets in Germany for cancelled sporting events. Looks like some money back at least. We were initially Hannover to cologne.

No surprises there, it was always likely to happen. Here’s hoping it works to our advantage

I can see it now 5000 Rangers fans sneak into North Rhine-Westphalia last seen in 1945 one fan quoted as saying we will follow...where the bars.

It will be stranhe watching itnwithout any atmosphere bit will be an advantage for us. Feel sorry for all the fans out of pocket but it is the right decision

Nobody will get a point for this and does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?
Exactly people are absolutely crazy caring about points. The whole travel club is getting canned at the end of the year and the Europa league will be binned off after this round latest (not even convinced we will play next Thursday). What on earth are people thinking they are going to do with their compensation point?

To put into perspective how easy it is for one person to infect thousands, one infected person to another and that other person without knowing speaks to another ten people, those ten people all speak to another ten people, which brings it to 100, those hundred people all in contact with ten each and suddenly your looking at 1,000 people possibly infected, that shows how fast it can be spread.

What's also not to say that given how bad it's getting in Germany right now, they might make the decision to ban flights to country's that have it and close down like the Italians have done, that would mean a lot of Rangers fans travelling to Germany might end up stuck there.

I think it's absolute madness any Rangers fans still travelling to an area that has a high infection rate and then might find that coming back they have to self isolate also putting members of their family at risk.

If someone told you the bird you're about to shag had the clap, would you still shag her.

It's easier said than done but I feel governments should have halted this virus way before now. As you say it's so easy to spread and after a while it becomes almost impossible to contain. I cant believe we have health officials trying to trace infected peoples last known contacts. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. By the time they have traced all those people who that one person has been in contact with those other people have been in contact with many others. It's a total clusterfuck and one that is going to need to be stopped with drastic measures.

I hope Bears can avoid travelling and stay in the safety of your family home without puting yourselfs or your family at risk. Stay safe people.

Back