Leverkusen away behind closed doors confirmed

The region in which Leverkusen play is apparently the epicentre of Germany’s outbreak.

Stuttgart last night was ok. Some other games in other regions ok, but football is rapidly shutting down in Germany.

I’ve flights to Bielefeld for 15/5 title and promotion celebrations looking highly unlikely now

Do you think flights to the likes of Cologne will be getting canceled? Hope so now since i have one booked

Want to play behind closed doors to reduce the risk of making it worse in the area were it is the worst in Germany, but absolutely fine to allow thousands of people perhaps flying from a highly infected area to another country because that other country has a lower count of people infected. What could go wrong.

Absolute madness to allow people to travel from a highly infected area, If we were playing an Italian team none of their fans would be allowed to travel, but that's absolutely fine because Germany already having a high risk just isn't as bad as Italy right now.

Scottish government sitting on their collective arses saying and doing nothing, trying to stop the spread of it by allowing people from other country's to walk freely off a plane without even being checked.

It is absolutely backwards planning from people in power as usuall mate.

Mates still going on a jolly ,I'm going to give it a miss, wife says it's the right decision.
We were flying into Amsterdam, spending night there, before heading to Cologne, think boys just staying in Amsterdam now,worst places to spend 3 days.

Writing was on the wall was always gonna happen , hopefully can be to Rangers advantage

sorry for the bears who have already booked up

Valencia fans outside the stadium can be heard. Let them in if they are already congregated ffs.

Unfortunately, until the club receive official confirmation we can’t make comment. We haven’t received anything yet from either club or UEFA.

the club will comment when we hear from either of them.

I agree, but i think it's safe for fans to cancel their travel plans on the say so of Bayer through their official website and social media.

Good news for us tbh, we get the home advantage of having fans while they get %^*& all.

Looks like we're gonna win EL by default judging by the wolves thread and the SPL is gonna get cancelled. Can you imagine the shitstorm? :)) I want this to happen now.

Looks like the only way myself and a wad of other bears are getting refunds or claiming travel insurance is if the airline (BA) cancel or FCO/their German counter parts advise against travel to the region.

My 50th Birthday treat, my lad's first Rangers' game and £385 gone if I can't claim from KLM for the flights. Gutted!
I cancelled a KLM trip for work last week. They now have added ‘Health situation in China’ to the list of reasons for cancelling. My ticket was refundable so I didn’t use that but it’s definitely available to choose. Not sure how they handle it though.

That’s the cancellation portal.

Feel for all the Bears that were heading out.
From a football perspective though, a positive result in Thu could be massive. Iirc, did we not play well in the closed door game against Inter in 2005?

Feel sorry for those who have booked up to go

Think it’s only a matter of time before this is happening here unfortunately

As bad as we are on the field just now,this makes a huge difference to the psyche of the players,if Ibrox is rocking and raucous on thursday.stop them scoring is imperative ,whilst trying to sneak a goal or two...go for it gers,our 12th man could be the difference here.

I don't think the club has that sort of clout with the German health authorities.
It's an Uefa dictated decision. Has to be agreed between all 3 parties.

Uefa has the clout although they've said nothing on the matter.

Do you think flights to the likes of Cologne will be getting canceled? Hope so now since i have one booked

Im booked to Cologne as well

Lile you. I’m genuinely hoping they cancel them and I’ll get my dough back.

Guess we’ll all just to have wait and see

Reactions: VGM
Back