Lille v Villa & Thursday's other football

JayDee

Villa lead 2-1 from the first leg and should go through.

Main games on TV:

17:45
Lille v Aston Villa
UEFA Europa Conference League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
TNT Sports 3

17:45
Fiorentina v Viktoria Plzen
UEFA Europa Conference League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
TNT Sports 4

20:00
Atalanta v Liverpool
UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
TNT Sports 1

West Ham United v Bayer Leverkusen
TNT Sports 2/TNT Sports Ultimate

Roma v AC Milan
TNT Sports 4

More info about TV games:

Scores/fixtures:

Aston Villa: Martinez, Konsa, Cash, Torres, Digne, Tielemans, Douglas Luiz, Diaby, McGinn, Zaniolo, Watkins.

Subs: Diego Carlos, Lenglet, Gauci, Duran, Olsen, Rogers, Kesler-Hayden, Bailey, Iroegbunam, Munroe, Kellyman.

Lille: Chevalier, Santos, Diakite, Yoro, Ismaily, Andre, Bentaleb, Yazici, Arnar Haraldsson, Gudmundsson, David.

Subs: Mannone, Alexsandro Victor, Gomes, Cabella, Ounas, Ivan Cavaleiro, Tiago Morais, Bouaddi, Toure, Ferrah, Negrel.

Weird atmosphere in Florence. Grounds half empty and it’s got a bit of a preseason type game feel to it. Bet over 9.5 shots on target so I’ll stick with it for now :))

Thought about doing Lille to go through, seem a decent side and hostile support.

There's a good chance that no English sides make the semis in any of the European tournaments this season. Seems like a long time since that happened.
I so think Villa may get through though.

Just said Plzen have played 12 hours of football without conceding in the competition. Pretty impressive that

Fiorentina should be out of sight. Keepers had three great saves and they have hit the bar and the post. Not seen many games this one sided at this stage of Europe.

Proper atmosphere at Lille. Stadium bouncing. Way it should be at this stage of the competition.

Talked to an English guy I know earlier and he confirmed that the EPL teams are in fact better than all the foreign teams, it's just they're worn out from their much more difficult schedule of having to play other EPL teams every week.

So that's that cleared up, EPL is in fact the best.

Talked to an English guy I know earlier and he confirmed that the EPL teams are in fact better than all the foreign teams, it's just they're worn out from their much more difficult schedule of having to play other EPL teams every week.

So that's that cleared up, EPL is in fact the best.

Frogs have helped their own to be fair with weekend off. Always remember Russia doing it when CSKA won it in 2005.

They did it for Zenit in 2008 too. They had a ten day break before the final. They were also juiced up.

Too many Managers and Players with vast experience across leagues say about the Premier League being the most demanding league physically for it not to hold some truth for me.

Lille have shown great energy all night brilliant on and of the ball, crowd have been brilliant, it's been a good watch.

Think that should have been chopped off tbh. Villa player backs into the defender who in the end takes his own keeper out.

I kind of get it but what's the point in them pretending to be neutral?

They need to remember they’re catering to the entire audience of the UK.

It just puts me off their teams.

I like Aston Villa and their manager but I’m sitting here wanting them to get pumped because of it.

I’d normally want Real Madrid out as well but was delighted they went through last night.

They need to remember they’re catering to the entire audience of the UK.

It just puts me off their teams.

I like Aston Villa and their manager but I’m sitting here wanting them to get pumped because of it.

I’d normally want Real Madrid out as well but was delighted they went through last night.
I want Aston Villa to get beat but I don't grudge English people wanting them to do well. Same would apply for Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish sides in Europe.

Back