Mark Hateley says Colak was a waste of time

As much as I hate to say it he will be our version of there Greek boy he will chip in with goals as he's a finisher. Took his goal very well and really should be 2/2

Why can’t people just wait and see? It’s genuinely mental making decisive judgements on players after one, two, three performances. The craving for immediate certainty about everything is childish. Back the player and wait and see. I’d say the signs so far are good, but we just can’t know yet.

I think the club should be stepping in and having quiet words with Ex players like Hateley when they come out with negative pish like this and make them fully aware they won’t be welcome at the stadium if it continues!

Thought he had a good game today and took his goal well. Cross balls were pretty poor, so he didn't have anything to attack.

Again maybe some should give him time to settle before we start getting on his back. Should have 2 goals in 3 games if the linesman didn’t wrongly flag for offside. I’m sure he would be looked upon differently if that was his goal return.

Was against Killie hardly a top opposition. Other than the goal he didn’t do much.

Sebo scored v Aberdeen - these things happen. Tony Watt v Barcelona

Let’s see if he can keep scoring and contributing. Hopefully Morelos is in for mid week since that’s a step above Killie.
What a strange and bizarre response to a new striker scoring for Rangers in his first league game at Ibrox!

Was against Killie hardly a top opposition. Other than the goal he didn’t do much.

Let’s see if he can keep scoring and contributing. Hopefully Morelos is in for mid week since that’s a step above Killie.
That's the spirit:rolleyes:

I think the club should be stepping in and having quiet words with Ex players like Hateley when they come out with negative pish like this and make them fully aware they won’t be welcome at the stadium if it continues!
Mark Hateley is a Rangers great. I respect his opinion. Rather have that than somebody who's just a yes man to the club.

Delighted for the big man.

Clearly wants to do well and had poor service so far albeit not playing great himself.

I'd hate to see the reaction to Boyd on here if he was playing in this team and style. He was notorious for doing absolutely nothing then banging in winning goals.

It's fckn grim that we have supporters like you in our midst who are so desperate for a player to fail.

Mark Hateley is a Rangers great. I respect his opinion. Rather have that than somebody who's just a yes man to the club.
He’s entitled to his opinion but someone who was shite for the first season he was at the club should know better than to come out with comments like that!

I don’t want yes men at the club but if it’s a comment that could have a negative impact on the current playing squad I’d rather he STFU.

I really hope he settles into life here.

He is a bit of a lost cause when there is no service and understand the frustration.

I think we have been to use to AM style for too long.

Just seems if AC gets near the goal and a chance to strike the ball it will hit the target.

It's 2022 and he is our new Boyd.

Why can’t people just wait and see? It’s genuinely mental making decisive judgements on players after one, two, three performances. The craving for immediate certainty about everything is childish. Back the player and wait and see. I’d say the signs so far are good, but we just can’t know yet.
Professional scouts and recruitment departments track players over the course of multiple seasons, but someone with absolute no training on FF can decide someone isn’t good enough after about 60 minutes.

Mark Hateley should know better than most that a forward playing for Rangers needs time. It certainly took Mark a long few games to prove his worth at our club

He scored against Livingston, it was chopped off wrongly.

He scored today, kicked off our victory.

I find it strange our own want to stick the boot in, why don’t you hold off to see if he fails?

He scored against Livingston, it was chopped off wrongly.

He scored today, kicked off our victory.

I find it strange our own want to stick the boot in, why don’t you hold off to see if he fails?
That particular poster wouldn't know a footballer if he took a piss in his cereal. The absolute state of the guys saying 'so whit? it's only a goal'. Lol. That's what he's there to do.

Hateley was probably the best all round striker i have ever seen at Rangers. He struggled at the start of his career here so was a cheap shot from him about Colak. Short memories
I think it was a clever remark by mark, a little jolt if you like, the big man was recovering from injury when we got him, the rest is history

I never see the game yesterday only the highlights
So I don't know what kind of game he had but he took his goal well & that's what his here to do

Yeah, you know better than GVB, that’s what is comedy gold.

How many games do you think he will play once Morelos and Roofe are fully fit?

And if you actually read my posts on him you will see I've stated he will score goals if he gets the chances...he can finish, it's everything else about his game that's the issue.

Professional scouts and recruitment departments track players over the course of multiple seasons, but someone with absolute no training on FF can decide someone isn’t good enough after about 60 minutes.
Boils ma pish the amount of renowned scouts we have on here and don't seem to employ them. Just cunts that like to read their own negativity man.

Yeah, you know better than GVB, that’s what is comedy gold.

Look at @Chris01 giving you a reach around as well :))

Look at you bumping the comments B-D

Just because you can’t take someone’s opinion it has to be “look at me I’m right”

We gonna bump these every game?

How many games do you think he will play once Morelos and Roofe are fully fit?

And if you actually read my posts on him you will see I've stated he will score goals if he gets the chances...he can finish, it's everything else about his game that's the issue.
I'll happily put £50 on he comfortably outscores and gets more starts than roofe. Can be given to charity if you want but deadly serious. You should put money where your fingers are so to speak.

A good finish yesterday. Think he could improve his link up and hold up play. Looks like a penalty box striker who could do well in this league.

Totally agree.

2 league games played. Two good goals. It’s a decent start.

Hopefully he continues that form and we’ll see where we are end of October.

Back