Martin Boyle - I'm not a diver but I dive if I can and don’t like being pulled up for diving

He has just admitted to cheating and nothing will be done about it. It's because of players like him that this game is becoming a non contact sport with stoppages every 2 minutes.
Not defending him in any way, but I would argue that these guys are doing this because the refs are blowing every 2 mins.

They are only playing by the rules the game has set. Stop giving fouls for the slightest bit of contact and this will go away

Cheating wee fanny, a serious injury? He's taking the piss at that. Hearing him talk for the first time I actually despise him more. Wee weasel. Interesting that he's being asked about his diving in a tv interview right before a national cup final against...

remind me who he's playing against?

Almost as if the media are trying to create a narrative to influence officials.

Interesting it's now the media wish to highlight wether he's a diver or not this particular week.

That's football in this day and age I'm afraid, sick football that the authorities could sort out in a week with heavy fines and suspensions.

Not defending him in any way, but I would argue that these guys are doing this because the refs are blowing every 2 mins.

They are only playing by the rules the game has set. Stop giving fouls for the slightest bit of contact and this will go away
Show me where in the rules of the game it suggests it's okay to throw your self on the ground for the slightest touch - it's cheating. Opinions don't change that this is cheating, you are throwing your self to the ground to influence the decision of the ref.

Show me where in the rules of the game it suggests it's okay to throw your self on the ground for the slightest touch - it's cheating. Opinions don't change that this is cheating, you are throwing your self to the ground to influence the decision of the ref.
To clarify, I was referring to how the refs are encouraged to interpret the rules. Either way, the change needs to come from the top. You can't start awarding free kicks/penalties for the slightest touch and then be annoyed at the players for going down easily.

I despise diving as much as the next person, but it's going to continue unless there's a shift in mentality from those who set the laws of the game

Might not be popular but I agree with him to an extent.

If a defender mis-times a challenge and doesn't get the ball, but instead makes contact with or interferes with the striker, then it's a foul. But he isn't going to get it if he stays on his feet. So what should he do?
Did that not happen on Wednesday with Kent, I think it was? He goes down he gets the penalty

To clarify, I was referring to how the refs are encouraged to interpret the rules. Either way, the change needs to come from the top. You can't start awarding free kicks/penalties for the slightest touch and then be annoyed at the players for going down easily.

I despise diving as much as the next person, but it's going to continue unless there's a shift in mentality from those who set the laws of the game
I agree with you mate. I think diving should be met with match bans in cases where it's clear as day it's a blatant dive. It's like the Lance Armstrong story, he had to cheat to be able to beat everyone else because everyone else was cheating, except cheating by diving is viewed as a minor offense, when in fact it destroys the product that we are served and it makes the decisions of the refs a lot harder to make. Especially when the ref can see there is contact, it's difficult to make a decision in real time on whether the touch enough to merit the foul.

Might not be popular but I agree with him to an extent.

If a defender mis-times a challenge and doesn't get the ball, but instead makes contact with or interferes with the striker, then it's a foul. But he isn't going to get it if he stays on his feet. So what should he do?
The definition of the word 'foul' is completely wrong in 50% of your context though. Making contact with someone is not a foul. Where you say 'interferes' is the important part. If a defender misses the ball and accidentally touches the striker, but not with enough force to put him over or put him off, then it is not a foul and diving to make it look like the contact was enough to knock him over is simply cheating.

can't be arsed listening to him .he didn't actually say that did he :)).if he did your right . pancake
must have dreamt he was laudrup
:))Yep.. straight from the wannabe 'dancing on ice' muppets fake accent. :D:D AND he kept a straight face .. which was difficult for the cnut considering the state of it.:D:D
It's actually worth a listen for the comedy value. I'm even sure some clever Bear can turn it into a MEME. :)):))

He's a diving wee scumbag. Most players these days go down under minimal contact, yes - but he goes down when there's no contact whatsoever in an attempt to con the ref

Part of the issue here is that refs won’t give a foul often unless the player goes down. It’s of course been taken to extreme now though

Example in a game I watched this week (may well have been Hagi). Player burst into the box and was fouled/contact made. If they had gone down it was a pen. They didn’t and stumbled through before shooting wide.

Go down and get a pen

Magnify that all across the pitch, including defenders goin down at the slightest touch when they have the ball facing their own box and have an attacker behind them. Foul given 90% of the time

I think it was Joe Aribo who stayed on his feet after being tackled on Wednesday and could easily have earned a penalty had he gone down. I haven’t heard or read anything praising him for not milking the situation. If players like Boyle are openly admitting that they go looking for a penalty then it’s time we played the same game.

How many times have you seen a player jumping over a wild challenge and then seeing a goal kick awarded when the ball goes out of play? Does it pay to be honest up here? It’s all very well wanting players to ‘play the game,’ but we know certain individuals will always look to con referees,
Possibly Kent in the last minute of the first half?
I’d have thought you might just be able to tell the difference though, Aribo being very left footed.

If they are fouled, they are entitled to look for a penalty/free kick but the problem with Boyle is he's going down without contact. Other cheats are initiating contact and going down. Cheating/Diving is nothing new but modern technology is there now and retrospective bans are needed for Boyle and Kyogo

Boyle now won't be playing his normal diving game on Sunday. That's a definite. His card is marked. When will Sky do a similar overview of the face-holding antics of The Cheat currently at The Piggery. ?

So, for clarity, what he is actually saying here is...

gn20.png

Strange line of questioning before the Cup Final, it's almost as if they're trying to remind all involved that the guy is a cheating prick - a little bit of extra pressure on the officials for Sunday?

What’s the serious injury thing about? If you take a dive for 99 soft or non-existent challenges before getting injured from a bad one, it doesn’t justify the other 99. Is he trying to say that accusations of diving could lead to an injury not being noticed?

You fall down if you get knocked over.

If you choose to fall down just because you felt contact, then you are a diver.

It really isn't rockets science you absolute cock socket, you officially went full retard and confirmed you are a diving cheating prick.

lets be honest we all say the same about our players, if one drives into the box and there is contact but the player stays on his feet, usually the narrative is "he has been too honest there" "maybe he should have went down and he would have won the penalty"

Every single player cheats at football there isnt one single honest player playing pro football I have ever seen EVER.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Part of the issue here is that refs won’t give a foul often unless the player goes down. It’s of course been taken to extreme now though

Example in a game I watched this week (may well have been Hagi). Player burst into the box and was fouled/contact made. If they had gone down it was a pen. They didn’t and stumbled through before shooting wide.

Go down and get a pen

Magnify that all across the pitch, including defenders goin down at the slightest touch when they have the ball facing their own box and have an attacker behind them. Foul given 90% of the time
he can go down as often as he likes now on Sunday Ref will not give it due to the guaranteed vitriol he will get from the media afterwards all pointuing to this interview

When Spurs brought Klinsman into the English league this sort of thing became the norm. Because it wasn't stamped out at the beginning it is now acceptable as part of the game.

Back