Martin Boyle - I'm not a diver but I dive if I can and don’t like being pulled up for diving

Might not be popular but I agree with him to an extent.

If a defender mis-times a challenge and doesn't get the ball, but instead makes contact with or interferes with the striker, then it's a foul. But he isn't going to get it if he stays on his feet. So what should he do?
I've long argued that we lag behind other countries because we still hold some sort of 'corinthian spirit of sporting excellence' notion where we must always play by the rules.

Meanwhile other countries accept that people will seek to cheat, and turn it into an art form - whether its diving, or the subtle niggling at set pieces.

Our support was outraged when Lafferty took a dive and Mulgrew got sent off. F*ck the media. Mulgrew, to use the common parlance of the media, gave the referee a decision to make by putting his face as close to Lafferty's.

Personally I want us to win. I don't give a flying f*ck if its a dive or not.

Incidentally, this bleeds into politics too, cause the pro-uk parties are playing by the parliamentary rules while the Nazis don't give a shit and do what they like

Reactions: TN8
Has he just put himself in the spotlight for Sunday?
If he gets brought down in the box the ref might think twice about giving him a pen.
In fact the ref will think twice because of who he's playing so he'll think three times.

"Is it frustrating when people say you're a diver and all the evidence points to that you are?"

As usual, we'll ask the difficult questions. Right Nippy, you're up next!

He’s a fucking cheat, as was that wanker Andy Walker fud who also came out with this pish. It’s not part of the game it’s cheating. Prick.

Kyogo dived 4 times in about a month. Each time collapsing holding his face, when nothing had struck his face.

Over the next few days the conversation quickly transformed into "should a player go down if there is contact" as if Kyogo was sprinting past players and merely falling after minimal contact, rather than the VERY obvious cheating he was engaging in.

Every tim pundit has been wheeled out with the prepared talking points and responded to the topic with immediate reference to "contact" with zero mention of the usual "embarrassing" or being "disrespectful" in trying to get fellow pros dismissed.

Possibly Kent in the last minute of the first half?
I’d have thought you might just be able to tell the difference though, Aribo being very left footed.
Looking out from the far corner of the West Enclosure, I struggle to pick out players , let alone notice if a player is left / right footed down at the Copland Road end.

I prefer the days when players like Willie Henderson tried their hardest not to go down no matter how hard the challenge.
And if they did get brought down they were back up saying to the defender “is that the best you’ve got ?”.

Looking out from the far corner of the West Enclosure, I struggle to pick out players , let alone notice if a player is left / right footed down at the Copland Road end.
Are you serious?
You reckon you’d need to see Kent and Aribo play before you could tell who was who?

Hope he cons the ref to get his team a penalty in the 8th minute of the 6 added on on Sunday. Which they then score to win. Then on Tuesday, cited for diving and the worst “haircut” this side of Dundee and banned for our next game against the spoon burners

So aye, I killed that guy.
I'm on CCTV sticking a knife into him.

But I'm not a murderer.

Back