Martin Boyle - I'm not a diver but I dive if I can and don’t like being pulled up for diving

Might not be popular but I agree with him to an extent.

If a defender mis-times a challenge and doesn't get the ball, but instead makes contact with or interferes with the striker, then it's a foul. But he isn't going to get it if he stays on his feet. So what should he do?

Vicious circle…..

In the instance of “feeling contact” when in possession of the ball in the box…
If we had competent refs who could do their job - players might not feel that they need to go down after feeling contact.

On the other hand, we have blatant cheats like Kyoyo how go down randomly off the ball for no apparent reason other than cheating. Folk bump into you in the supermarket.

All in all, competent refs with the assistance of video will vastly reduce this.

Surely every word coming out his mouth is rendered nonsense with the fact that Sky are showing footage of him diving with clearly no contact.

That one against Livingston is outrageous. The fact that videos like this, and that fat shit Ange with the jockey defence being put out there by the media instead of being universally laughed at, and those players banned and serving suspensions for diving isn't great.

Might not be popular but I agree with him to an extent.

If a defender mis-times a challenge and doesn't get the ball, but instead makes contact with or interferes with the striker, then it's a foul. But he isn't going to get it if he stays on his feet. So what should he do?
Argument only holds water if it comes from someone that doesn’t go down when there’s no contact, which he does.

lets be honest we all say the same about our players, if one drives into the box and there is contact but the player stays on his feet, usually the narrative is "he has been too honest there" "maybe he should have went down and he would have won the penalty"

Every single player cheats at football there isnt one single honest player playing pro football I have ever seen EVER.

I cannot recall exactly when the use of the word 'contact' appeared in discussions around fouls but it was and is utterly preposterous.

By the very basics of it whether you are stationary or moving, either another player knocks you over via the force or they do not and you decide to throw yourself down/fall over and make it look like theyve knocked you over.

However you spin it ultimately the player doing that is exaggerating whats happened to gain an advantage. Ergo he is cheating and theres no shortage of them in Scotland.

Embarrasing whats the difference on a football pitch or walking through a pub lol Walking through silverburn and he takes a dive because a granny touched him lol

Hibs love social media content where they basically pat themselves on the back about being a community club and a club of the people, they want kids to be engaged with their product and I get that but...you can't do that while also openly having someone who will likely influence kids to cheat which is what will happen if kids watch Boyle play, who is coaching him or has coached him to think like that.

This might be a daft question but what does the rules say around what constitutes a foul? Clearly isn’t any contact at all is a foul and we all know the modern way is overly aggressive tackles are a foul (regardless of getting the ball). Do the rules mention anything about impeding your stride or kicking action - there seems to be far too much left up to a ref interpretation which leads to inconsistency.

Last edited:
This sums Celtic up

They and their media fans love it when players dive and cheat against us they laid it up says that’s football but when they play Celtic they use this to gain an advantage

They are despicable rodents

The timing of this is purely to bring attention to Boyle's diving before a cup final against the Shettlestons.

Can you get odds on someone being booked for diving? It's probably an odds on certainty this Sunday, but I bet the player booked isn't Japanese.

I honestly really hate this "contact is justification to go down" shite. Not every bit of contact is a foul, and trying to sell it as one is still out and out cheating
Exactly. You don’t go down outside the box or in your own half if there’s a little bit of contact! The fucking idiot has put a target on his back, not that there wasn’t one there already cheating wee cvnt!

Well done, Martin, tell all the refs in Scotland you're a diver. Brilliant. Congratulations for being brain dead.

Back