McKenna violent conduct?

FFS if you play ant level of football there are wee battles like that all over the place. I knew strikers I could talk into a red card. Part of the game. Morelos needs to learn how to deal with it.
Theres talking people into a red card and theres punching people in the nuts knowing you will get away with it kinda intimidation. You boys still think its an even playing field.

So if you were running a football team, you would instruct your centre-half to instigate an off the ball shoulder charge on a forward whilst the ball was in the other half and expect it to pass as part of the game within the rules?

Tell me you are not being serious?

The ball wasn't in the other half when either of the initial contacts or Morelos' flick out took place.

If you want a couple of nice central defenders who won't try to engage, intimidate and wind up a forward then you'd be as well watching a different sport.
It happens in every game, at every level and guess what, even our defenders do it. If a forward who plays the professional game doesn't expect it and know how to deal with it, he'd be as well taking up whatever sport you'd be as well watching.

Ffsake mate, I know it happens.
But when you do it as blatantly as McKenna did with the cameras all over the stadium, then you are just stupid.
I hope we never have a player that is so stupid.

Don't kid us all on, there are subtle fouls that do go unnoticed and unpunished but don't try and sell me the nonsense that McKenna's was one of them.

Oh and what you get away with in a game further down the pecking order is totally different, if the referee doesn't see it, usually that is the end of the matter.
That is not the case in the game at the top level, there are far more eyes on you.

If our own players are as daft enough to start behaving like Sunday pub players then we will be fckd.
They don't.

Sadly, Morelos should have fallen to the ground like a sack of spuds holding his face, he didn't.
But that is the advice Stevie Gerrard will have given him.

I’m not trying sell you any nonsense, you have got yourself worked up into a frenzy here about this for some reason. Feck, I’m not even sure what it is I’ve said that you even disagree with now.:D

You’d get away with plenty. Maybe you could have a conversation with somebody like Bomber Brown, he could probably tell you a thing or two.

Finally somebody that gets it:cool:
No, he doesn't get it.
He is just as foolish as you.

We aren't playing Sunday afternoon pub football.
McKenna wasn't subtle, he was just fortunate that he was wearing an Aberdeen shirt and his opponents were Rangers and that Scottish officials are corrupt.

There is no Billy Big Baws stuff here.

There are four sets of eyes on these players never mind the ten or so cameras.

You would really have to be all kinds of stupid to advise a Rangers player to try this on in the next game with a volatile centre-forward and expect the same outcome as McKenna was fortunate to have.

The best way I can explain this to you, is the world cup.
A sort of painting by numbers explanation.
Before VAR, defenders got away with all sorts of pulls, pushes, obstructions and shenanigans in the box
at set pieces and corners.
Now with VAR they are fckd.

In Sunday pub football, they can still do the stuff that McKenna did to Morelos, but now at the big boys level with all the extra officials, all the cameras, you cannot get away with this anymore.

If you still don't understand what I am saying, then I simply give up.

But Steven Gerrard gets it...........Thank fck!

Last edited:
Have I stepped into an episode of Beadles About or something tonight?:D I asked you what you were talking about, there’s no taking the piss involved.
I hate people that know fine well what your talking about but pretend they dont to win a debate.

Tell you what, no wonder we are seen as such a soft touch when members of our own support are condoning the actions of an opposition player assaulting one of our own because "it's part of the game"

I will happily accept a ban for this, but anyone coming out with that nonsense on here can %^*& right off!

Tell you what, no wonder we are seen as such a soft touch when members of our own support are condoning the actions of an opposition player assaulting one of our own because "it's part of the game"

I will happily accept a ban for this, but anyone coming out with that nonsense on here can %^*& right off!

Do you think our defenders don't engage with opposition forwards in the same way?

Do you think our defenders don't engage with opposition forwards in the same way?
Yes I do not think our defenders punch players in the balls or smash them rugby style off the ball. It just doesnt happen, could you imagine how many red cards we'd have?

I don’t think a single person has condoned it. Plenty have said it’s part of the game, McKenna got away with it, Morelos got red carded and it probably cost us the three points. There’s all the evidence you need to see who won out of this.

There were comments made in the studio about the Morelos sending off by Boyd and Commons.
I think some people love this stuff, but the truth is, Commons and Boyd aren't exactly the Brain's Trust.

But let's change the colours of the shirts in this matter.
Let us say it was Goldson who commits the two barges, and it is the Aberdeen centre-forward Cosgrove sent off on the 11th minute after the blatant assault.

How do you think this would have been reported, commented on, and how do you think the officials would be getting treated in the Scottish press and in wider society?

No, and if they do they would be rightly condemned for being idiotic when they were inevitably sent off.

Put it this way, given how we have been refereed the past couple of seasons, had any of out centre backs had engaged any player in that manner off the ball that it wouldn't a) have resulted in punishment during the game or b) not have been highlighted and then cited by the compliance officer afterwards?

Yes I do not think our defenders punch players in the balls or smash them rugby style off the ball. It just doesnt happen, could you imagine how many red cards we'd have?

Who mentioned touching other player's balls?

If our defenders are not engaging opposition forwards then they're not doing their job properly.
That can be anything from grappling at corners, standing of forwards toes with their studs, nipping, pinching, barging - it all goes on, all of the time and our defenders most certainly WILL do all of these and more.

If our defenders are not engaging opposition forwards then they're not doing their job properly.

There is a difference in engaging and commiting TWO off the ball asaults within the space of 10 seconds FFS.

You think our players engage the same physically with the opposition yes? I pointed out Bates got punched in the balls now that Ive never seen us do or McKeenas rugby smash on Morelos ive also never seen us do that nor do I see other teams do that. So when did you see us engage in that type of off the ball physicallity? Didnt happen did it?

There is a difference in engaging and commiting TWO off the ball asaults within the space of 10 seconds FFS.

Imagine the scenario, and it's not a difficult one to imagine as it happens in every game.
A high ball is played up towards a forward with the intention of him taking it in on his chest. A central defender will 50% of the time take the opportunity to go flying over the forward to take the header and wipe out the forward. Is that any different just because it's on the ball?
The defender has taken the opportunity to assert physical authority and intimidate the forward.

You think our players engage the same physically with the opposition yes? I pointed out Bates got punched in the balls now that Ive never seen us do or McKeenas rugby smash on Morelos ive also never seen us do that nor do I see other teams do that. So when did you see us engage in that type of off the ball physicallity? Didnt happen did it?

We must watch a different version of football in that case.

No, and if they do they would be rightly condemned for being idiotic when they were inevitably sent off.

Put it this way, given how we have been refereed the past couple of seasons, had any of out centre backs had engaged any player in that manner off the ball that it wouldn't a) have resulted in punishment during the game or b) not have been highlighted and then cited by the compliance officer afterwards?
Ha ha.
If it had been our player, the compliance officer would have been wheeled out before the cock crowed on Monday morning.

Scotland would be in meltdown, the level of sheer indignation would be felt throughout the land even into the Scottish parliament.
Hmaza Useless would be tweeting outrage, and the officials involved in the decision would be fckd professionally and socially with Filth supporters threatening and smashing the windows in their homes.

But let us be honest, we would never have gotten away with these stupid blatant barges and no Aberdeen player would have seen red on the 11th-minute mark.

Of course it is different. It's actually fucking baffling you are even attempting to compare the 2 scenarios.

If the ball is close to the players then they can at least make a claim of attempting to play it whilst making physical contact. When the ball is 50 yards away........ No!

Imagine the scenario, and it's not a difficult one to imagine as it happens in every game.
A high ball is played up towards a forward with the intention of him taking it in on his chest. A central defender will 50% of the time take the opportunity to go flying over the forward to take the header and wipe out the forward. Is that any different just because it's on the ball?
The defender has taken the opportunity to assert physical authority and intimidate the forward.

We must watch a different version of football in that case.
Love it. Ok what game did we punch a player in the balls?

When cards are appealed does the club get to make a case? Is the red card incident the only thing that’s considered or are other desicions during the match taken into account?

As steven thompson said on sportscence, he spent his whole career getting battered by centre halfs like that.
Christ look at the guy widely regarded as the best ch in the world, sergio ramos, even chiellini at juve. They kick lumps out o oppo strikers on the sly on a weekly basis
They do not punch players in the balls and rugby smash players off the ball, they are way smarter than that.

As steven thompson said on sportscence, he spent his whole career getting battered by centre halfs like that.
Christ look at the guy widely regarded as the best ch in the world, sergio ramos, even chiellini at juve. They kick lumps out o oppo strikers on the sly on a weekly basis
What bit of the two barges on Morelos was 'on the sly'?

If you think that was on the sly, you must think that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were discreet warnings to Japan that America was angry with them!

Love it. Ok what game did we punch a player in the balls?

You're sticking with this once particular instance rather than seeing the point.
Are you suggesting Bates is the only person ever to have his manhood punched, grabbed etc during a game?
vinnie-grabs-Gazzas-bollocks.jpg

This kind of thing happens, to deny it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You're sticking with this once particular instance rather than seeing the point.
Are you suggesting Bates is the only person ever to have his manhood punched, grabbed etc during a game?
vinnie-grabs-Gazzas-bollocks.jpg

This kind of thing happens, to deny it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
You said we do the same, prove it or you are talking bullshit.
Show me us punching a player in the balls or smashing a player off the ball rugby style.

Dont show me a picture 30 years old the games changed mate dont you think?

You said we do the same, prove it or you are talking bullshit.

You're the one with the fixation of players testicles being interfered with.

I'm telling you defenders and forwards engage in these antics in every game. That's a fact, if you don't wish to accept that, that is your entitlement.

You're the one with the fixation of players testicles being interfered with.

I'm telling you defenders and forwards engage in these antics in every game. That's a fact, if you don't wish to accept that, that is your entitlement.
It happens every game but you cant cant show me one example but 30 years ago? Sounds like bullshit.

Players do not punch players in the balls every game like what happened to Bates unpunished. The kick on our player at St Johnstone went unpunished exactly the same kick as Morelos. The McKeena assault was shocking and that does not happen every game dont try and lie.

Off the ball shit obviously goes on but there is a line and if we cross it we are punished but in Scotland our opponents have a free for all mentality as they all know refs will let it go against us.

No more arguing please bro.

For me the most galling thing is that this is another occasion where we have been on the receiving end of a series of terrible refereeing decisions and it has cost us two points. There were several similar situations last year where red cards were doled out and then rescinded but by that time the damage has been done and the points are gone. They say that these things even themselves out, if that's the case I hope we get all our "evening out" this season. We must take this opportunity to apply pressure on the Refs to hopefully achieve as close to a level playing field as possible.

It happens every game but you cant cant show me one example but 30 years ago? Sounds like bullshit.

Players do not punch players in the balls every game like what happened to Bates unpunished. The kick on our player at St Johnstone went unpunished exactly the same kick as Morelos. The McKeena assault was shocking and that does not happen every game dont try and lie.

Off the ball shit obviously goes on but there is a line and if we cross it we are punished but in Scotland our opponents have a free for all mentality as they all know refs will let it go against us.

No more arguing please bro.

Once again, worryingly, you continue to focus on players touching each other's testicles.

Ok, Pena elbowed Greg Docherty off the ball last season.
What sanction did he get?

This is one of the weirdest threads I've seen on here for a while. We had one of our players shoulder bumped and when he didn't react he was then hit so hard it sent him flying - and apparently it happens all the time.......and it's now all about Morelos and how he needs to toe the line and make sure that he learns to fall like a stunt man each week because its gonna be open season on him now as McKenna has set the benchmark and he just needs to get on with it.

There are sly and sneaky acts that do go on all the time and there are blatant thuggish acts like McKenna's which just don't happen that often and when they do there are punishments. I find it interesting that the lines man saw Morelos kick out from a horizontal position, yet did not see what made him horizontal in the first place. It was a one second moment of which the lino it seems only saw the last quarter second.

What a truly weird thread.

This is one of the weirdest threads I've seen on here for a while. We had one of our players shoulder bumped and when he didn't react he was then hit so hard it sent him flying - and apparently it happens all the time.......and it's now all about Morelos and how he needs to toe the line and make sure that he learns to fall like a stunt man each week because its gonna be open season on him now as McKenna has set the benchmark and he just needs to get on with it.

There are sly and sneaky acts that do go on all the time and there are blatant thuggish acts like McKenna's which just don't happen that often and when they do there are punishments. I find it interesting that the lines man saw Morelos kick out from a horizontal position, yet did not see what made him horizontal in the first place. It was a one second moment of which the lino it seems only saw the last quarter second.

What a truly weird thread.
I have to agree.

Once again, worryingly, you continue to focus on players touching each other's testicles.

Ok, Pena elbowed Greg Docherty off the ball last season.
What sanction did he get?

Mate Im not getting into this with you.

You know Im talking about Bates punch that went unpunished it doesnt matter where he got punched.

Mate Im not getting into this with you.

You know Im talking about Bates punch that went unpunished it doesnt matter where he got punched.

As I said, you've focussed your debate on someone's testicles being slapped and laboured that single incident when my point is opposition players engage with each other in off the ball antics in every game.

You asked for instances, I gave you a clear instance and you don't want to get into it after pestering for exact instances.
Fair enough.

As I said, you've focussed your debate on someone's testicles being slapped and laboured that single incident when my point is opposition players engage with each other in off the ball antics in every game.

You asked for instances, I gave you a clear instance and you don't want to get into it after pestering for exact instances.
Fair enough.
Em alcohol and social media is not good.

You showed me a picture from Gazza in his Newcastle days and said this happens every day.

Any recent evidence? Like this century?

It's not violent conduct, FFS! We aren't playing basketball.
VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Yes it is. Not from me but from the rule book. Can we end this shit debate.

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Yes it is. Not from me but from the rule book. Can we end this shit debate.

"Brutality".....:eek::D

Yes we can end it. I suggest you need to go and watch another sport which is non contact.

The ball wasn't in the other half when either of the initial contacts or Morelos' flick out took place.

If you want a couple of nice central defenders who won't try to engage, intimidate and wind up a forward then you'd be as well watching a different sport.
It happens in every game, at every level and guess what, even our defenders do it. If a forward who plays the professional game doesn't expect it and know how to deal with it, he'd be as well taking up whatever sport you'd be as well watching.

Still not violent conduct by McKenna?

Are you pissed aswell? Fucking piss heads on tonight.

I said at the end this is not from me but the official rule book.

:D Do I need to be pissed to know the reality of football matches?

It wasn't violent conduct it was a hussle and bussle between a defender and attacker you will see all over europe. It just so happens it affected us so we ponder over it. Like next time Morelos puts a defender on his arse you(?)'ll be up in arms at the brutality?

PS IF you are serious then I wonder if you have ever played a contact sport.

:D Do I need to be pissed to know the reality of football matches?

It wasn't violent conduct it was a hussle and bussle between a defender and attacker you will see all over europe. It just so happens it affected us so we ponder over it. Like next time Morelos puts a defender on his arse you(?)'ll be up in arms at the brutality?
Mate I was merely quoting the actual rule book thats not my personal opinion of how the game should be run

You dont need to be pissed to know the rules but you must be pissed if you cannot see McKennas assault on Morelos was not hussle and bussle and was an excessive challenge off the ball which is sadly for you an act of violent conduct.

Now do you now disagree with the rules, the fact you feel McKennas challenge was not excessive or just me for whatever reason?

Mate I was merely quoting the actual rule book thats not my personal opinion of how the game should be run

You dont need to be pissed to know the rules but you must be pissed if you cannot see McKennas assault on Morelos was not hussle and bussle and was an excessive challenge off the ball which is sadly for you an act of violent conduct.

Now do you now disagree with the rules, the fact you feel McKennas challenge was not excessive or just me for whatever reason?

Nought personal, it's a messageboard and nothing worth falling out over.

IMO, McKenna targetted Morelos assuming he may react and he did, he played the game and won. There was no assault, no brutality as appears to be the stretch of the incident, was he wrong? From our softy point of view yes, had it been the other way...hell no and this whole board would be in support.

IMO, McKenna targetted Morelos assuming he may react and he did, he played the game and won. There was no assault, no brutality as appears to be the stretch of the incident, was he wrong? From our softy point of view yes, had it been the other way...hell no and this whole board would be in support.
Did you read the rules regarding violent conduct mate? I have not changed a word its a copy and paste job.

Pretty daming if you ask me that no retrospective action will be taken.

You must have played football like a prick then if you went about barging people when the ball was no where near you.

If that's the way you want to put it then yeah. Christ I play 5's with my mates the same way and they are the same back. Defenders noise up strikers and vice versa. It was 2 robust shoves and Morelos fell for it hook, line and sinker. If Goldson did that to Griffiths and he got sent off for reacting then I'd absolutely love it. It's a game of football not tiddlywinks imo.

Morelos should have known better (although it wasn't a sending off) and he constantly walks a tight rope with his temper. Unfortunately on this occasion the ref / assistant couldn't wait to send him off.

What May did to Jack was far, far worse than what McKenna did. Intentionally fouling an opponent and intentionally injuring an opponent (with a shitebag challenge) and 2 different things completely.

We have two incidents, the first is a coming together and a shoulder bump. That is everyday stuff, for the second, McKenna makes a concerted lunge at Morelos. I'd not dispute the first and clearly neither did Morelos as he didn't even look round to McKenna nor did he react. The second was an assault, but we'll soon know because if nothing is to happen to McKenna we then know the rules.

This is all about how you interpret it I suppose. But when I look at what McKenna did and then the leg flick by Morelos. I just feel the ref and the lino made a total arse of it.

Back