McKenna violent conduct?

Normally I'd say this definitely isn't v.c. on a pitch where two players are fighting for possession or even for position at a corner etc. However what makes this different in my mind is not just the fact that it's so far off the ball but that Morelos is looking the other way and can't see McKenna coming. There's no reason for him to expect a challenge of such force and therefore he has no reason/chance to brace himself. This is why his head so violently jerks. So for me it's Morelos' head movement and that alone which should determine how dangerous the barge was. And for me it's pretty significant.

Violent conduct? Borderline for me and not as clear cut as many are suggesting. I'm with @Hobjo on this one.

The CO slept in on this one.

I am very surprised he did not cite McKenna immediately after hearing of his injury and before we submitted our appeal.

He would then have held the position both players actions were deemed red and deserving of suspension.

Now our appeal is submitted they can no way say Morelos' conduct was violent in the face of McKenna's barge.

Well they can and would have had it not been for fact Gerrard won't accept this sh!t and people out with Scotland listen to him.

The more I see it the less it looks like a red card. In real time it just looks like a tangle of legs as Morelos is barged off balance.
A tangle of legs would suggest there was contact, I would suggest there was no contact whatsoever but I do agree in real time it's a talking too or a yellow a piece .

I still think Morelos instant reaction was to maintain balance, something his brain will do without thought involved.
The time taken, the fact he just keeps running looking for the ball suggests he didn't react at all.
This was in no way meeting the criteria for a red or yellow.
Points are gone but Alfie should stand tall as he gets a hard time from the media and I think his will only serve to drive our team on and over the rest in the league....
We are not pushovers any more.
Alfie was not pushed over though you could argue if he had gone over the outcome might have been different.

So if you were running a football team, you would instruct your centre-half to instigate an off the ball shoulder charge on a forward whilst the ball was in the other half and expect it to pass as part of the game within the rules?

Tell me you are not being serious?

Bilko, staggeringly it is actually seen as an acceptable part of the game in Scotland. Just look at pundits and commentators views on it, most of whom plied their trade in this country.

And we wonder why our game is seen as a laughing stock and at its lowest ever ebb.

If I was playing against Morelos I would be pushing him, accidentally standing on his toes or up his achilles and threatening to leather him to see if he took the bait. Any centre half worth his salt would.
Eh....that barge wasn't accidental.
So let's go back to the question, would you charge your shoulder into the body of an unsuspecting forward whilst the ball was in the other half and would you expect to get away with it under the laws of the game?

Over to you.

Exactly. Would be definitely having a wee purr at a volatile guy like that. Any CH would do that. He has to learn how to deal with that. It was a red card I would say the appeal would be unsuccessful. Have to say that does not excuse the abysmal refereeing in the rest of the game.
I am sorry, but that is fruitcake mental.
You might want to do all those things, but there are laws of the game, and they do not allow for someone to just barge a player off the ball in the manner of McKenna on Sunday.

It is laughable to suggest that this is in any way lawful within the rules of the game.
Laughable on a huge scale, totally hilarious and worthy of ridicule.

Eh....that barge wasn't accidental.
So let's go back to the question, would you charge your shoulder into the body of an unsuspecting forward whilst the ball was in the other half and would you expect to get away with it under the laws of the game?

Over to you.

The accidental part of my story was made up:D I’d be doing it on purpose.

The accidental part of my story was made up:D I’d be doing it on purpose.
Yes, and of course if it was seen you would either get a yellow card or your marching orders.
It is that simple.

Unless the officials were corrupt.

Yes, and of course if it was seen you would either get a yellow card or your marching orders.
It is that simple.

Unless the officials were corrupt.

I take it you have never played football at any level?

I take it you have never played football at any level?
Oh indeed I have mate.
So don't try that one.

Only a clown believes you can shoulder charge someone in the manner of McKenna on Morelos and that it is within the rules.
By the way, Gerrard thought it was a blatant off the ball unlawful act, clearly against the rules.
Are you suggesting that Gerrard hasn't played the game at any level?

Go on tell us Gerrard doesn't have a clue either?

Fckn nonsense suggestion and you know it!

Oh indeed I have mate.
So don't try that one.

Only a clown believes you can shoulder charge someone in the manner of McKenna on Morelos and that it is within the rules.
By the way, Gerrard thought it was a blatant off the ball unlawful act, clearly against the rules.
Are you suggesting that Gerrard hasn't played the game at any level?

Go on tell us Gerrard doesn't have a clue either?

Fckn nonsense suggestion and you know it!

Wtf are you waffling on about you absolute crackpot?:D

Wtf are you waffling on about you absolute crackpot?:D
Good try, but you have been outed as a clown.
Calling me a crackpot doesn't alter it either.

But you cannot answer the question regarding Stevie the Ger, and your resorting to calling me names doesn't help you.
You fckd up.

Good try, but you have been outed as a clown.
Calling me a crackpot doesn't alter it either.

But you cannot answer the question regarding Stevie the Ger, and your resorting to calling me names doesn't help you.
You fckd up.

Stick me on block. Your clown comment was the first anybody was abusive. As I said, stick me on block.

Stick me on block. Your clown comment was the first anybody was abusive. As I said, stick me on block.
I don't even know what 'block' is mate.

But as you believe that Stevie Gerrard hasn't a clue about the game and that he has probably never played the game at any level, I think I can manage to survive without your opinions in the future if that is what 'block' means. :D

I don't even know what 'block' is mate.

But as you believe that Stevie Gerrard hasn't a clue about the game and that he has probably never played the game at any level, I think I can manage to survive without your opinions in the future if that is what 'block' means. :D

You have made a complete arse of this mate, go back and read all the posts. My initial post was about players doing what they can to gain an advantage, illegal or not. It’s dirty tricks used by players all over the world, I’ve never once said any of it was legal, what I did say was I would try these tactics if I was playing against a guy like Morelos that’s known to be a bit of a hot head. I don’t know why you can’t get your head round that.

I have no idea. If it was a red though, I'd be raging.
So we should just go for it then because if we get lucky one of these shoulder charges could see a broken collar bone knee or ankle ligament damage and we can all be raging if we don't get away with it. It's an interesting theory.

So we should just go for it then because if we get lucky one of these shoulder charges could see a broken collar bone knee or ankle ligament damage and we can all be raging if we don't get away with it. It's an interesting theory.

That’s your theory, not mines.

Not looking for witty replies.

Is McKenna barging off the ball not classed as violent conduct and should be cited by compliance officer?

Everyone seems to be focused on Morelos and not the provocation
The 1st time he bangs into buffalo could let it go the 2nd time in this day and age where football is becoming nearly non contact yes I think it warrants a yellow at least more I look at this the ref has sent the wrong guy off !

These cheating officials need to be hounded at every opportunity and held to account until we get fair treatment. In all honesty I am now in the foreign officials camp as the Scots cannot be trusted to be impartial.
I wonder what cheat we will get on Sunday

whats the difference between between someone using their shoulder on an off the ball incident to inflict damage on an opposition player and someone using their foot , ? morelos nearly got knocked into next week and mckenna nearly got a dirty sock ...

I still think Morelos instant reaction was to maintain balance, something his brain will do without thought involved.
The time taken, the fact he just keeps running looking for the ball suggests he didn't react at all.
This was in no way meeting the criteria for a red or yellow.
Points are gone but Alfie should stand tall as he gets a hard time from the media and I think his will only serve to drive our team on and over the rest in the league....
We are not pushovers any more.
Alfie was not pushed over though you could argue if he had gone over the outcome might have been different.

His leg went out to stay on his feet, natural reaction. Not petulance as that nasal wank Walker described it. The aggressor was McKenna.

Inexperience from Morelos. He should have gone down holding his face, not with the first one, his reaction to ignore it was spot on. When the second, more aggressive barge came in he could have got McKenna sent off. Not something I like to see in football, but fùck them the gloves are off.

You have made a complete arse of this mate, go back and read all the posts. My initial post was about players doing what they can to gain an advantage, illegal or not. It’s dirty tricks used by players all over the world, I’ve never once said any of it was legal, what I did say was I would try these tactics if I was playing against a guy like Morelos that’s known to be a bit of a hot head. I don’t know why you can’t get your head round that.
Players can do what they fckn want.
But just because they try it on doesn't make it legal, and if they get seen to try something against the rules, then they will /or should be punished.
Getting away with wee acts of intimidation may sound like Billy Big Baws, but because you might get away with it still doesn't mean that it is within the rules of the game.
That is my point.

Unlike you, if I saw one of our centre backs be as stupid as to do something so blatant and obvious as that of McKenna on Morelos, then I would be massively pissed off at how thick they were.

The only reason McKenna never saw a card was because the game in Scotland is totally corrupt.
Oh and by the way, that isn't my opinion, that is the opinion of our manager Steven Gerrard, the ex England and Liverpool captain with a European Cup medal winners on his mantlepiece.

His leg went out to stay on his feet, natural reaction. Not petulance as that nasal wank Walker described it. The aggressor was McKenna.

Inexperience from Morelos. He should have gone down holding his face, not with the first one, his reaction to ignore it was spot on. When the second, more aggressive barge came in he could have got McKenna sent off. Not something I like to see in football, but fùck them the gloves are off.
Indeed.
Whilst I hate this sort of stuff, I agree that in Scotland Rangers don't have any option any longer but to become as totally dishonest as the rest of the game we are playing within.

Nope, I said I would be raging if one of our centre halfs was sent off for that barge, you came up with the rest of the crap.
Well I've had a read at some of your posts on this thread and I'll let you crack on as you have some very interesting thoughts, I found the one about how you'd "accidentally" stamp on toes etc :D How many mistakes do you reckon you could make in 90 minutes and get let away with? :D

I am sorry, but that is fruitcake mental.
You might want to do all those things, but there are laws of the game, and they do not allow for someone to just barge a player off the ball in the manner of McKenna on Sunday.

It is laughable to suggest that this is in any way lawful within the rules of the game.
Laughable on a huge scale, totally hilarious and worthy of ridicule.
FFS if you play ant level of football there are wee battles like that all over the place. I knew strikers I could talk into a red card. Part of the game. Morelos needs to learn how to deal with it.

whats the difference between between someone using their shoulder on an off the ball incident to inflict damage on an opposition player and someone using their foot , ? morelos nearly got knocked into next week and mckenna nearly got a dirty sock ...
There is no difference mate.

Players can do what they fckn want.
But just because they try it on doesn't make it legal, and if they get seen to try something against the rules, then they will /or should be punished.
Getting away with wee acts of intimidation may sound like Billy Big Baws, but because you might get away with it still doesn't mean that it is within the rules of the game.
That is my point.

Unlike you, if I saw one of our centre backs be as stupid as to do something so blatant and obvious as that of McKenna on Morelos, then I would be massively pissed off at how thick they were.

The only reason McKenna never saw a card was because the game in Scotland is totally corrupt.
Oh and by the way, that isn't my opinion, that is the opinion of our manager Steven Gerrard, the ex England and Liverpool captain with a European Cup medal winners on his mantlepiece.

I never once said it was legal. I never once said it was within the laws of the game. You are being a bit niave though to think it doesn’t happen all over the world. Players at all levels will do anything to gain the slightest advantage.....you don’t have to like it but it still happens and goes unpunished 99% of the time.
You seem to have taken a completely over the top approach to my comments, maybe you picked me up wrong, maybe you just like an argument.....who knows?

FFS if you play ant level of football there are wee battles like that all over the place. I knew strikers I could talk into a red card. Part of the game. Morelos needs to learn how to deal with it.
You can give it all that if you want.
But when you do something that is as blatant as McKenna then you are as exposed as a dog's cock in a poodle parlour.

Just because the person who saw the incident had one eye on the matter, doesn't make any difference, we have all seen it and it was an illegal act.

It is not part of the game, it was blatant and illegal.
Doing it in a subtle way where no one can see you is maybe crafty, but it is still illegal.
Because it happens throughout the game changes nothing.

It is a bit like a cop fitting a suspected villain up.
It happens, and some cops will tell you it is all part of the game.
But because it is common practice, changes nothing, it is still illegal.

Morelos does need to be smarter but that doesn't admonish McKenna, nor change an unalterable truth.

Last edited:
Well I've had a read at some of your posts on this thread and I'll let you crack on as you have some very interesting thoughts, I found the one about how you'd "accidentally" stamp on toes etc :D How many mistakes do you reckon you could make in 90 minutes and get let away with? :D

You’d get away with plenty. Maybe you could have a conversation with somebody like Bomber Brown, he could probably tell you a thing or two.

Finally somebody that gets it:cool:

I never once said it was legal. I never once said it was within the laws of the game. You are being a bit niave though to think it doesn’t happen all over the world. Players at all levels will do anything to gain the slightest advantage.....you don’t have to like it but it still happens and goes unpunished 99% of the time.
You seem to have taken a completely over the top approach to my comments, maybe you picked me up wrong, maybe you just like an argument.....who knows?
Your the one who loves an argument by the sounds of it.

Ffsake mate, I know it happens.
But when you do it as blatantly as McKenna did with the cameras all over the stadium, then you are just stupid.
I hope we never have a player that is so stupid.

Don't kid us all on, there are subtle fouls that do go unnoticed and unpunished but don't try and sell me the nonsense that McKenna's was one of them.

Oh and what you get away with in a game further down the pecking order is totally different, if the referee doesn't see it, usually that is the end of the matter.
That is not the case in the game at the top level, there are far more eyes on you.

If our own players are as daft enough to start behaving like Sunday pub players then we will be fckd.
They don't.

Sadly, Morelos should have fallen to the ground like a sack of spuds holding his face, he didn't.
But that is the advice Stevie Gerrard will have given him.

Back