McKenna violent conduct?

I wouldn't say so.

Strange thing about the whole incident is neither player complains about anything or goes down looking for the foul

I wouldn't say so.

Strange thing about the whole incident is neither player complains about anything or goes down looking for the foul

Yes, it’s almost as if the officials thought that this innocuous situation was a golden opportunity. The reverse kind of thinking you seen in comparison when Bates got his balls punched last season and a yellow card was applied to the opposition. The same kind of thinking that allows that soft as shit Rangers team to get more red cards than Motherwell last season, and our players injured without reply.

To use that old saying it was "handbags". The officials cheated by refereeing us to a different standard. No other team would have had a player sent off for that.

There’s a clear gif of a St Johnstone player doing the same (and actually connecting with the opposition player) and only receiving a booking.

In that instance, the officials clearly saw the incident and deemed it only worth a yellow

The compliant officer will probably award Mckenna a red card for it as he is injured and out for a couple of months .
This will make Rangers think that they are not being victimised.

I think people need to stop seeing it as a “shoulder barge” and therefore dismissing it as a perfectly legal thing to do.

1. It’s off the ball obstruction. Therefore a free kick to Rangers
2. It’s clearly violent conduct when the guy does it twice and the second time he puts his shoulder into Morelos’ neck/face.

The compliant officer will probably award Mckenna a red card for it as he is injured and out for a couple of months .
I thought the same after the game on Sunday as soon as I heard that McKenna was out with a torn hamstring. It is the get out the Authorities want

I think people need to stop seeing it as a “shoulder barge” and therefore dismissing it as a perfectly legal thing to do.

2. It’s clearly violent conduct when the guy does it twice and the second time he puts his shoulder into Morelos’ neck/face.

He is nowhere near his face, let’s not exaggerate here. It wasn’t violent conduct for me, yellow card- yes, not voilent conduct though.
Let me put it this way. If a Rangers player was sent off for what McKenna did, would you accept it and agree it was violent conduct? Of course you wouldn’t.

He is nowhere near his face, let’s not exaggerate here. It wasn’t violent conduct for me, yellow card- yes, not voilent conduct though.
Let me put it this way. If a Rangers player was sent off for what McKenna did, would you accept it and agree it was violent conduct? Of course you wouldn’t.

I didn’t say he should be sent off - I understand the thread is about VC so fair enough - but there must surely be an offence there when someone deliberately runs into another player twice, miles off the ball, the second time going right into his neck (look at it again, it would have been a sore one).

Surely?

Too far. At this rate, in about 3 weeks it’ll be a fuukin drive-by shooting.

Should’ve been yellow for him not violent conduct however Stevie May,s assault on jack red card for me right in front of ref nothing done

Football is or was a tough game defenders and forwards would be doing little things like that off the ball. Nothing mckenna or morelos did was violent conduct or worthy of any card the fact the linesman thought it was says it all about his competency and if he has said he didn't see mckenna barge morelos then that calls into question his integrity

Exactly. There's this prevailing opinion in Scotland that we can just ignore some rules because it's the way we play football. Hammer thrower style. McKenna's charges into Morelos were far more fitting of the label violent conduct than Morelos's kick out.

No, it's nothing like it. I'd have been constantly suspended when I played football if that was deemed violent conduct.

No.

Imo the first barge was nothing really and something you see in every game. However the 2nd barge went well beyond that and crossed the line.

However I don't think it met the test for violent conduct though - excessive force or brutality.

10mins into the 1st game of the season and I think the correct action from the referee would have been a stern talking to both players (albeit you could argue a yellow each would also have been fitting).

Exactly. There's this prevailing opinion in Scotland that we can just ignore some rules because it's the way we play football. Hammer thrower style. McKenna's charges into Morelos were far more fitting of the label violent conduct than Morelos's kick out.

Agree but I need to clarify.

I don’t think either Morelos or McKenna are red cards but.... *if* Morelos is a letter of the law thing, then I’m not going to simply agree that somehow McKenna did something perfectly legal. A straight shoulder charge off the ball is a technical offence but his second charge was a lot more “violent” then the first. I’m not exaggerating it into more than it was, but for my money people are minimising it.

I could see a McKenna yellow and a Morelos red as being much fairer if kicking out is a strict liability thing (I don’t actually think it is btw).

Very strange that the linesman claimed he didnt see the barge but did see the reaction. They happened almost simultaneously. He's a liar. Plain and simple.

100%. I've been saying the exact same. He cannot see the kick without seeing the barge.

I didn’t say he should be sent off - I understand the thread is about VC so fair enough - but there must surely be an offence there when someone deliberately runs into another player twice, miles off the ball, the second time going right into his neck (look at it again, it would have been a sore one).

Surely?

You said the barge was ‘clearly violent conduct’, violent conduct=straight red.
There is an offence, I don’t think anybody is disputing that, it should have been a yellow card.

David Robertson was sent off against Celtic for obstruction in the Celtic half of the pitch. Can't remember who he shoulder barged but there is precedence. Oh hang on, that benefited Celtic, nothing to see here, move along.

There was more force in it than in Morelos reaction. If you're walking in front of someone in the street and they randomly smash into your back twice, would you assume they might be acting violently towards you?

There was more force in it than in Morelos reaction. If you're walking in front of someone in the street and they randomly smash into your back twice, would you assume they might be acting violently towards you?

Do you think that barge is a red card offence? Yes or no?

..Morelos kicks out...The linesman calls it.
Nancy doesn't even question it.
Off.
Regardless of violent conduct its piss poor verging on cheating bassa officials.
This is never going to stop until we challenge these chunts every time they try to fuck us over.
Not violent behaviour by both players.

Do you think that barge is a red card offence? Yes or no?
It's not just a simple barge though is it? A barge is 2 players going for the ball and one nudging the other. McKennas was an aggressive move off the ball into the blind side of an opponent.

There was more force in it than the reaction and other things players are sent off for like pushing someone or putting your head against them. Most punches thrown on a football park don't have that force behind them but as long as you don't raise a hand it's ok to smash into someone off the ball?

It's not just a simple barge though is it? A barge is 2 players going for the ball and one nudging the other. McKennas was an aggressive move off the ball into the blind side of an opponent.

There was more force in it than the reaction and other things players are sent off for like pushing someone or putting your head against them. Most punches thrown on a football park don't have that force behind them but as long as you don't raise a hand it's ok to smash into someone off the ball?

I wouldn’t argue with most of that, it’s still never a red card though. Interesting enough, you haven’t answered the question. Yes or no?

Pulling a jersey is yellow, an off the ball double barge with shoulder is violent contact its assault. However jersey pulling a Rangers player equals no card.

I wouldn’t argue with most of that, it’s still never a red card though. Interesting enough, you haven’t answered the question. Yes or no?
You need to put it into context. You can kick someone a lot worse than Morelos did during a tackle, Black on Jelavic for example which was only an attempt to foul the player, and its not a red card but as soon as you do it away from the ball it can only be an aggressive action.

It's the same with what McKenna did. He's charged an opponent off the ball, it can only be an aggressive action. The rules state using excessive force against an opponent when not challenging for the ball is violent conduct.

It’s not violent conduct and to punish it as such is as ridiculous as the decision to send off Morelos, both were no more than a talking too and at the very most a booking.

Stevie May should be cited and banned for his challange on Jack

The prick took him unaware full force and Alfredo remained on his feet. McKenna is a pussy coward who should be pulled up for it.

It’s not violent conduct and to punish it as such is as ridiculous as the decision to send off Morelos, both were no more than a talking too and at the very most a booking.

Stevie May should be cited and banned for his challange on Jack
It was more violent than Morelos action. If we're applying the rules that strictly then McKennas is an aggressive action using excessive force off the ball and violent conduct.

Would be just as ridiculous a decision as Fredo being sent off imo, it was a nothing incident. Telling them to cool it would have sufficed.

You need to put it into context. You can kick someone a lot worse than Morelos did during a tackle, Black on Jelavic for example which was only an attempt to foul the player, and its not a red card but as soon as you do it away from the ball it can only be an aggressive action.

It's the same with what McKenna did. He's charged an opponent off the ball, it can only be an aggressive action. The rules state using excessive force against an opponent when not challenging for the ball is violent conduct.

So you think it was a red??

Regarding the first point - Aberdeen's goal, their number 8 runs from behind Anderson and straight through Tav, knocking him to the deck, meaning he is unable to get across to block/tackle Anderson. I've maintained since I saw it that it's a deliberate off the ball obstruction and should have been a free kick to us.

Regarding the first point - Aberdeen's goal, their number 8 runs from behind Anderson and straight through Tav, knocking him to the deck, meaning he is unable to get across to block/tackle Anderson. I've maintained since I saw it that it's a deliberate off the ball obstruction and should have been a free kick to us.

Aye, that's a free kick as well. Just runs him over. Clancy looking straight at it.

Aye, that's a free kick as well. Just runs him over. Clancy looking straight at it.
More than a few incidents Clancy was looking straight at but managed to not give (Shinnie putting his studs into Coulibaly's shin being the most notable), yet one he didn't see he gave as a straight red.

Back