McKenna violent conduct?

Nothing he did to Morelos "part of the game", not when it's off the ball it isn't. It wasn't violent conduct, but he did foul off the ball, and we should have got a free kick and him getting a warning.

Nothing he did to Morelos "part of the game", not when it's off the ball it isn't. It wasn't violent conduct, but he did foul off the ball, and we should have got a free kick and him getting a warning.
The rules state excessive force off the ball is violent conduct. Charging someone in the back like that would count as excessive.

I
The compliant officer will probably award Mckenna a red card for it as he is injured and out for a couple of months .
This will make Rangers think that they are not being victimised.
was just going to post the same thing , till I read your post

Yellow card for both would have been the correct and sensible decision. What was definite violent conduct and a definite red card was Devlin on Arfield. Two hands grabbing Arfield's shirt and his head forced into Arfield's. Had such a tight grip Clancy had to prise his fingers off Arfield's shirt! How can that be anything other than a red card?

We have the opportunity to go to town on this.
Load up the St Johnstone player booting David Bates last season and receiving a yellow card.
Ref clearly sees it, Bates lands on the ground. YELLOW

against

McKenna barging Morelos and a petulant flick out in which McKenna has no complaints and makes sure hes back in position.

Also bring up the failure to card Ball in a clear failure to apply the rules of the game and simply ask why we are being officiated to different standards.

When we consider Lego eater walked free from booting an opposing player to the face, with no retrospective action last season, questions need to be asked.

My overriding impression is that officials feel the need to act more against Rangers. Whether its to hit back against the "don't get decisions in front of 50K, or against the bg teams" I don't know but I do know we've been on the receiving end of countless scandalous game changing decisions since our return to the top flight and it simply has to end.

If the 4th official/linesman seen the Morelos flick then he must have seen Mckenna barge into him deliberately first.

So, even by their own standards, it should have been McKenna booked, a foul to Rangers and Morelos off.

Personnally though, I believe it should have been a foul/free kick to Rangers and both players cautioned with no card.

He is nowhere near his face, let’s not exaggerate here. It wasn’t violent conduct for me, yellow card- yes, not voilent conduct though.
Let me put it this way. If a Rangers player was sent off for what McKenna did, would you accept it and agree it was violent conduct? Of course you wouldn’t.
He done it twice, is that not 2 yellow cards. The cvnts are at it and I'm glad we've called it out early doors.

If we're applying the rules that strictly, yes.

If Morelos was excessive force then so was McKennas.

If you think it’s a red then carry on, not for me though, if a Rangers player was sent off for that everybody on here would be going mental.

Very strange that the linesman claimed he didnt see the barge but did see the reaction. They happened almost simultaneously. He's a liar. Plain and simple.
Yeah I said that at the time whilst watching the replay (10 mins after the incident)..If he saw the kick out he MUST have saw the barge into Alf?

Was McKenna using excessive force by charging an opponent in the back off the ball?

Perhaps not excessive force, but it was definitely a deliberate foul as a minimum.

Therefore, Rangers should have got a foul and he should have got a card and/or a talking to from the ref.

Regarding the first point - Aberdeen's goal, their number 8 runs from behind Anderson and straight through Tav, knocking him to the deck, meaning he is unable to get across to block/tackle Anderson. I've maintained since I saw it that it's a deliberate off the ball obstruction and should have been a free kick to us.

Yep. Said that on the match thread. Tav doesn’t really deserve criticism - he was deliberately fouled out the game.

The McKenna one was handbags. Neither him nor Morekos should have got punishment though we could have got a foul.

The May assault on Jack is the one the compliance officer needs looking at. Does the compliance officer still have to respond to reports of incidents from fans? We need to be making a massive campaign out of that. It’s exactly the treatment we get every week that puts our players out for seasons.

The Morelos incident is the type of thing seen at every corner. The only person in the 19k crowd who thought the incident had any merit was lino

McKennas was. Morelos was nearly on his arse with the force of it.

Although under what circumstances would an unprovoked charge at an opponent from a few yards away really not be excessive?

We can agree to disagree on this one.

I would suggest if McKenna's barge was excessive and deemed violent conduct, there would be a heck of a lot of red cards being dished out particularly at corners. As said by others above, it was handbags & the only reason we are talking about it is because the officials made a complete ar*se of dealing with the situation.

Think you will find that this is allowed in the Scottish game,Our game is a hybrid of the game that people in the rest of the world recognise as football.

It was excessive force off the ball, if a defender did this to a striker in the penalty box waiting on a corner coming in, I’m sure the defender would have been punished.

There was a similar if not worse incident last year involving Bates and a St Johnstone player where Bates got kicked and went down. Was only a yellow card.

Morelos should'nt have reacted but no contact was made.The linesman couldnae wait to send him off.Disgraceful refereeing.A booking to both and thats it dealt with.

I agree a yellow for both players. Morelos should not react there but to be fair, McKenna barges him once and get's no reaction so goes straight back in with more force and that is when Morelos reacts. That needs looked at because it is simply cheating and more likely to cause issue than the petulant kick from Alf!

We can agree to disagree on this one.

I would suggest if McKenna's barge was excessive and deemed violent conduct, there would be a heck of a lot of red cards being dished out particularly at corners. As said by others above, it was handbags & the only reason we are talking about it is because the officials made a complete ar*se of dealing with the situation.
I would agree (however at corners you do have the argument of challenging for the ball, close proximity of the players and the nature of jostling for position whereas McKenna deliberately charged an opponent who wasn't looking. Twice. McKennas goes from being a barge to a deliberate aggressive manouvere off the ball) and sensible officiating is to talk to both players, calm them down and if you feel it necessary then book them.

But if you're deeming Morelos worthy of a red then you can give McKenna one as well.

Both should have been given a talking to, or booked.

For one to receive no punishment despite instigating it and the other to receive a red card makes no sense at all.

I wouldn't say so.

Strange thing about the whole incident is neither player complains about anything or goes down looking for the foul

Yup.

Does anyone think if morelos grabbed his face and fell down at the second barge, that the game would gave been stopped and mckenna booked?

That ref didn't see it, and as far as I can tell the linesman didn't raise the flag or react. Someone was watching that part of the park and told the ref. Am I wrong?

You could go full blown conspiracy saying that mckenna and the 4th official were in on it together, and that the ref was just the puppet doing the dark masters bidding.

Really though I think there's a culture that it would take a brave ref to stand out from and take our side on 50/50s.

Very strange that the linesman claimed he didnt see the barge but did see the reaction. They happened almost simultaneously. He's a liar. Plain and simple.
Was that claimed by the linesman? I didn't see him raise his flag or react. Did he?

The referee saw nothing but heard two words from someone - 'kick ' and 'Rangers'. That was enough for him. The buck stops with Clancy. Added to all the other 'honest mistakes' in that game, all benefiting one team, and the conclusion is clear - he is a cheating bastard, but sure we all knew that anyway.

No it wasn’t violent conduct. The correct action would have been to yellow card both players. However one got away Scot free and the other got a red card.

Do you think that barge is a red card offence? Yes or no?
Yes if the ref is taking a strict approach to the game.
No if the ref is taking a moderate approach to the game.
He took both approaches,
strict for us at times,
lenient for them at times.

Just had a thought there, to stir things up. Many remember when Beckham got sent off against Argentina some years ago. A lot of people thought it was justified and he deserved it for being stupid. Do they still think that?

The compliant officer will probably award Mckenna a red card for it as he is injured and out for a couple of months .
This will make Rangers think that they are not being victimised.
Is there even a compliance officer employed at the SFA at the moment because if there is they must have snuck him (Patrick O’Flaherty) under the radar, if there isn’t with the footballl season now underway, it shows these amateurs up even more than they are already.

No, it's a man's game with physical contact.
It just so happens defenders know our forward has a suspect temperament and takes the bait.

I wouldn't say so.

Strange thing about the whole incident is neither player complains about anything or goes down looking for the foul
Agree said this at the time.

Both players should of got spoken too and thats it, Clancy ruined what would have been a good game and easy 3 points for us

The rules state excessive force off the ball is violent conduct. Charging someone in the back like that would count as excessive.

I would suggest that May's actions were excessive, reckless and endangering the welfare of Ryan Jack.

He should be getting an extended ban.

Twice Mckenna barged into morelos he wasn't provoked into it ,does it cynically,and intentionally it was off the ball ,so in my eye's people that are saying morelos deserves a red so does Mckenna you might say it wasn't violent Morelos wasn't violent either

No, it's a man's game with physical contact.
It just so happens defenders know our forward has a suspect temperament and takes the bait.
So if you were running a football team, you would instruct your centre-half to instigate an off the ball shoulder charge on a forward whilst the ball was in the other half and expect it to pass as part of the game within the rules?

Tell me you are not being serious?

Not looking for witty replies.

Is McKenna barging off the ball not classed as violent conduct and should be cited by compliance officer?

Everyone seems to be focused on Morelos and not the provocation

I think he should be referred to the compliance officer( yea I know!) because in my book anyone barging their shoulder and elbow into a guy's face IS violent conduct, no way was it shoulder to shoulder!

W.A.T.P.

So if you were running a football team, you would instruct your centre-half to instigate an off the ball shoulder charge on a forward whilst the ball was in the other half and expect it to pass as part of the game within the rules?

Tell me you are not being serious?

If I was playing against Morelos I would be pushing him, accidentally standing on his toes or up his achilles and threatening to leather him to see if he took the bait. Any centre half worth his salt would.

The linesmen was trying to make a name for himself, he was probably hoping there was more in it, so everyone would think he had done well to spot it, now he just looks stupid

I mentioned that on Twitter. I'm glad we're appealing the red card because it will highlight what went on before it. We should highlight everything else which went on in the game as well. Put our referee marker down early, they're not getting away with it this season.
Totally agree will make things better and more exciting if we can just get the fair ref's with a good head and decent level of fitnees

If I was playing against Morelos I would be pushing him, accidentally standing on his toes or up his achilles and threatening to leather him to see if he took the bait. Any centre half worth his salt would.

Exactly. Would be definitely having a wee purr at a volatile guy like that. Any CH would do that. He has to learn how to deal with that. It was a red card I would say the appeal would be unsuccessful. Have to say that does not excuse the abysmal refereeing in the rest of the game.

Back