Michael Beale on Glen Kamara

“The fans are hugely influential” stood out as a really strange thing for a Rangers manager to say for me.
Quite common for managers to admit what they are doing wont always please the supporters especially when getting rid of fans favourites.. At the end of the day they usually get on with it regardless. No big deal.

It’s a mystery why this has turned out this way. He was playing well and adored by fans, then something has got in the way and unravelled that.

I think he needs to go but it’s a damn shame.

He thought he was heading to the south of France for the next four years, but had to stay in Scotland instead. Plus, his best pals left.

As much as you expect professionalism and respect for the club, there is a degree of understanding as to why his form dropped this year.

Quite common for managers to admit what they are doing wont always please the supporters especially when getting rid of fans favourites.. At the end of the day they usually get on with it regardless. No big deal.

I took it to be almost the opposite in terms of “having” to get rid of players that they may otherwise have kept to make the fresh start demanded.

Perhaps just my reading of it.

Beale trying to tell prospective suitors that Kamara is still good enough to be in his plans so don’t waste your time trying to undercut us?

Hopefully no potential buyer decides to read about Kamara on fan sites and comes on here.

We will be lucky to get an offer than matches what we paid for him based on some of the comments.

How the feck can you give up playing for Rangers after coming from Dundee?

I'm obviously biased but it's bang out of order downing tools playing for Rangers and getting paid handsomely for it.

He had a good spell in beside Davis and has had some excellent performances in Europe when we’ve needed to keep possession under pressure.

The problem with Kamara in addition to his questionable attitude at times is he is not great defensively or that effective offensively. He is good technically and at keeping the ball moving.

Beale is looking for a lot more than that from his midfielders and the wages could be much better spent on players that improve us in the final third.

This has undisclosed fee in the summer written all over it.

“I think he needs to look at the competition that’s here in pre-season and decide whether there is going to be enough football for him.”

Kamara is struggling to get into the team now , never mind when we have strengthened the team over the summer.
We have certainly had good value for a £50,000 signing but his time is up. Time to move on and best wishes for the future.

Reactions: TQ3
Kamara is a decent footballer. I honestly don’t see what his outstanding abilities are though

Add that into the fact that he seems to recoil into his shell when things aren’t going well…..time to go.

I took it to be almost the opposite in terms of “having” to get rid of players that they may otherwise have kept to make the fresh start demanded.

Perhaps just my reading of it.
Yes can see how it can be read that way, But could also take it as fans influencing a players desire to stay? Even though the manager has made his mind up.

Anyway back to Kamara, he could be an asset for us again if he gets back in form after a good preseason.

Glen suffers from the same issue that Aribo did, and probably Kent to an extent. All the talent needed but something lacking deep inside to be a real winner. It's an inner confidence, an absolute will to win everything you possibly can. We've had too many of those types in recent years, they all have to be moved on.

Yes can see how it can be read that way, But could also take it as fans influencing a players desire to stay? Even though the manager has made his mind up.

Anyway back to Kamara, he could be an asset for us again if he gets back in form after a good preseason.
Like Kent last season, okay late last season in my case, Kamara would never get back the credibility he had, he’d earned, earlier.
Ten good games would be forgotten if the eleventh was poor.

It’s interesting (but difficult) to have witness his regression. Suppose it kinda explains why he ended up at Dundee in the first place.

Like Kent last season, okay late last season in my case, Kamara would never get back the credibility he had, he’d earned, earlier.
Ten good games would be forgotten if the eleventh was poor.
I think once he has his own squad together Beale is likely to be less tolerant of those not putting in a full shift next time round.

Although an occassional poor performance not likely to get any player dropped. But can see some fans being less forgiving if it was Kamara.

Doesn't sound like an ultimatum -more like a put in the shop window type statement.

Kamara is a disgrace - we have this summer to punt him or we will have a very well paid squad member who can't be trusted to break out of a jog.

I think Michael Beale is pretty good at this stuff and I’m hoping this time he gets the outcome we all need which is GK to admit he has been the problem and no one else and that it’s time to go .

Face the truth .

Last edited:
“The fans are hugely influential” stood out as a really strange thing for a Rangers manager to say for me.
Not strange but I agree it’s the biggest push off in the article . Beale is basically telling him there is no way back with the fans and tbh that is imo the consequence of GK mistreating these fans and this club and he is now , gently , being told to go .

Imo

Last edited:
£50000, football bargain of the decade.

If he changed his mind and wanted to play for The Rangers again that would be great for everyone, I'd forgive him.

Sorry Michael, but I don't care about your journey with Kamara

Get him out.

He's had some amazing moments with us, but too many performances that indicate his heart's not in it any more.
Same stuff he said with Kent I was worried he was going to resign him thankfully Kent himself took that out of his hands.

Time to go was last summer. Same as his pals bassey and aribo. His move to Nice collasping has just been something he hadn't got over. Needs to go.

Strange player. When he's on it he's unplayable at times. Pivotal to how we played in Europe.
I honestly can't think of a game where Glen Kamara was "unplayable".

Midfielder who can hold onto the ball, sideways pass and bizarrely seemed afraid to shoot at times.

Midfielder who can hold onto the ball, sideways pass and bizarrely seemed afraid to shoot at times.

CL tie with PSV. We couldn't keep the ball until GK came on.
Won us that tie, and the CL riches, albeit I'm not sure we should thank him!

Sounds like he's basically telling Kamara if he wants to be here then he needs to refind the desire & motivation. If he can't, then he should leave.

Fair enough
If this was the case, he’d have a very short window to prove it.
We’ve signed three new midfielders, with more to come, and kept at least two more from GvB’s squad.
Two of the three have already shown more of what’s required and wouldn’t deserve to be shunted out of the way for Kamara.

I think it is the right time for Glen to go. We need fresh players in with a burning desire in our squad, unfortunately I think Glen's desire has petered out last season.

This is what switched me off from him.
The worst player I’ve ever seen in these positions where with a genuine, one hundred percent, chance of a shot at goal, would turn back and pass the ball backwards.
Many, in our squad, have been accused of lacking bottle.
Kamara got off lightly in this one.

It's clear what he means, when a player gets out of favour, unless they are really determined to change it, it's hard to win the fans back.

Do you think the players are immune to the criticism they get from the stands or probably even more so these days, social media?

I don't think that's a strange thing to say.

Back