Middlebrough defender being charged over tweet he made as a 14 year old!

I made an account about 4 weeks ago, Lasted less than a week, For calling some bitter Tim a horrible lady's front bottom! They can stick their site up their arse.
I lasted a couple of hours and got into it a couple of years ago with some wanker about how OO walks should be banned but IRA ones were ok. Not good for the stress levels so rapped it

There is not one person in this world who hasn’t made a mistake in life, said something they regret, posted something they regret and can’t take back. The witch hunters are out I force these days. Nailing everyone without giving the chance for them to defend themselves. A pathetic world we live in.

How can the FA punish him for something he did before he started playing professionally? Surely if anything it should be some sort of rehabilitation / education

The world has gone mad. Absolutely mad. It's only a matter of time before people are charged with thinking the wrong way regardless of whether they actually publish or say it.

Not a religious man, but “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone” comes to mind.

We live in an utterly idiotic time, a time when a comment made as a child can lead to the adult being penalised in later life. Times and people change, what was permissable when I was a kid in the 80's is no longer but we evolve as a society and we grow and learn as individuals.

Cancel culture is utterly vile and the sooner we get rid (which we will) the better.

A 14 year old knows right from wrong. However, a 14 year old also think they are the most streetwise guy out there. A 14 year old is also a mess of raging hormones. I know I am thankful that things I said and done when I was 14 have not become public knowledge. I do not know what this tweet was about, nor do I care. This mans life could be in tatters because of something he wrote 9 years ago when he was an angry young man. A tweet without context to his hormone riven state of mind. What led up to the tweet? If he was angry, what made him angry? Context is everything.

I would be more worried about someone that claims never to have put something on social media that someone couldn't interpret in this crazy world as being offensive.

I lasted a couple of hours and got into it a couple of years ago with some wanker about how OO walks should be banned but IRA ones were ok. Not good for the stress levels so rapped it
I only made the account because some bheast was calling us all bigoted! While he was using the terms, Huns and dob's, They have absolutely no self awareness.

just makes you feel so sad the way the world is going, at least going on FF can restore some faith that there are still sensible people in the world

I was brought up in the ‘sticks n stones’ generation, what the fuck happened.
In the 1960's school playground your words would reach a handful of ears at best. On Twitter you can reach millions in a matter of minutes. There are infinite ways in which people can respond. Thats what has happened....irresponsible use of words can cause significant harm.

How can the FA punish him for something he did before he started playing professionally? Surely if anything it should be some sort of rehabilitation / education

A similar thing happened with West Ham player Jarrod Bowen. He was given a written warning by the FA and told to attend an education course.

A 14 year old knows right from wrong. However, a 14 year old also think they are the most streetwise guy out there. A 14 year old is also a mess of raging hormones. I know I am thankful that things I said and done when I was 14 have not become public knowledge. I do not know what this tweet was about, nor do I care. This mans life could be in tatters because of something he wrote 9 years ago when he was an angry young man. A tweet without context to his hormone riven state of mind. What led up to the tweet? If he was angry, what made him angry? Context is everything.
If the things you did when you were 14 that you're embarrassed about became known what would my reaction be?

Absolutely eff all, because you were 14!
You cannot be charged with many very serious crimes at that age but you can be held accountable for comments in social media decades later?!
Insanity!

We deserve the society we will get if we let this thing carry on.

84694418.jpg

If, as a society this is the road we're going down, that every single action ever commited by anyone regardless of age or other factors will be held to task then there will be no one left in the general public. We'll need super prisons.

Nobody should even be wondering what he's said, as I'm sure many are trying to find out.

What's worrying is people are accepting this as normal, it's anything but. Its akin to denouncing people in a totalitarian state.

In the 30's, nazi germany were tracing peoples family trees, to find out if they had any jewish blood. Close down twitter and you'll see an immediate improvement with our new denouncing society.

Its nonsense.

He was a 14 year old kid. He wasnt on professional terms with anybody. He wasnt even on the modern equivalent of S forms. Its absolutely no business of the FA to charge him for something he did at least 2 years before he became a footballer registered with the FA via his apprentice contract.

I hope he fights it the whole way along with his parent club. Not because I condone what he tweeted. What he tweeted isnt the issue. When he tweeted is. What next - if I have a couple of beers at the weekend, am I liable to be done for drunk driving on the Thursday morning? After all, I did have those beers and I've since gone on to drive a car.

It's fucking mental.

Mate , you just need to look at some of the people on here.

Free speech and freedom of expression are not desirable to many on here and the wider public.

This is a very dangerous road we are going down
What a ridiculous take

Back