Article More conflict of interest problems for SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan

Jack McGinn held a position with the SFA when he didn't have any job with any member club.
Yes, but everyone knew he was a Celtic man.

It's like refs in a sense..........they get involved in football because they are fans of clubs. But, what you want is decisions made honestly rather than through bias or self interest. This isn't happening.

Take MacLennan........and it's clear he is no friend of ours.

Look at previous people in higher positions..............Ralph Topping, Roger Mitchell, Jim Farry, Ernie Walker. I think Lex Gold was a Hibs fan.

Point being, I couldn't have honestly told you who any of the others were fans of. Although it has become known recently that Roger Mitchell was a Celtic fan.

Even back to when the SPL came into being, you had the 10-2 voting. Since we went down, Celtic have bent over backwards to weaken the rest. From changing the prize money structure - cutting the money for 2nd place to the takeover of the SFL for our TV rights.

Everything that Liewell has touched has turned to brown stuff for every other club in the land.

We need to keep the pressure on.
The media will try and make it go away because the vast majority are on the payroll.
This is just the tip of the iceberg with regards to their corruption.
They used our demise to strengthen their control of the game in this country. Slowly but surely we are gaining strength and bringing down their control should be our focus.
It wont be easy, expect some negative press in the coming days/weeks.
The press isn't about hedging their bets.
The press isn't about taking sides.
The press isn't about hiding behind spin or feeling pressure to excuse themselves for calling a spade a spade.

The press exists to inform and report the news without favour, to work on behalf of societies greater good, to demand transparency in matters affecting the public and to remain always objective, if they cannot do that, then they are no longer worth the paper they write on.

Although it is a long time since Jackson or Spiers lived up to the principles of their supposed calling.
I think we could add a few more names to those two.

It's like refs in a sense..........they get involved in football because they are fans of clubs. But, what you want is decisions made honestly rather than through bias or self interest. This isn't happening.

Look at previous people in higher positions..............Ralph Topping, Roger Mitchell, Jim Farry, Ernie Walker. I think Lex Gold was a Hibs fan.

Point being, I couldn't have honestly told you who any of the others were fans of. Although it has become known recently that Roger Mitchell was a Celtic fan.

Even back to when the SPL came into being, you had the 10-2 voting. Since we went down, Celtic have bent over backwards to weaken the rest. From changing the prize money structure - cutting the money for 2nd place to the takeover of the SFL for our TV rights.

Everything that Liewell has touched has turned to brown stuff for every other club in the land.
I think historically there was more balance to the SFA. If there was someone from Rangers this was balanced by someone from Celtic. No balance at all these days. Lex Gold may have been a Hibs fan but he played in our reserve team of the early 60’s.

It is balance and a fair playing field that will ultimately prevail. It is in the interest of all clubs.

Nothing wrong with a member being there to protect his/her club of choice.

It's when one member attempts to make sure that all boards and committees are on their side that it falls apart and gets exposed as corruption and that is what has happened.

I think historically there was more balance to the SFA. If there was someone from Rangers this was balanced by someone from Celtic. No balance at all these days. Lex Gold may have been a Hibs fan but he played in our reserve team of the early 60’s.
I don't know much about the history of the members of the various committee's running Scottish football over the years, maybe someone on the forum does.
Because for the love of me, I cannot remember that many Rangers men being involved, whilst I am sure The Filth have nearly always had people involved.

Maybe I am wrong ,,,,,, does anyone know?

Some good salient points there TNT, sadly now these celtic men are getting involved in the SFA, SPFL not for the love of their club, but rather their hate for Rangers. That's where the clear and present danger is.

Some good salient points there TNT, sadly now these celtic men are getting involved in the SFA, SPFL not for the love of their club, but rather their hate for Rangers. That's where the clear and present danger is.

The problem is that Celtic and their supporters are totally obsessed with Rangers and determined to destroy us even if it is detrimental to both Scottish football and their own club.

I would go as far as saying we should take the SFA/SPFL to court thereby UEFA cancel European football for all Scottish clubs.
It would hurt that lot far more than us and would highlight the outrageous bias against us to a world wide audience.
The Stevie G impact strengthened our hand no end and the mentally challengeds would be absolutely terrified of the ensuing results. Their image would be rightfully tarnished for the foreseeable future and the rest of Scottish Football would realise we mean business and relinquish their dependancy on LLiewell.

I would go as far as saying we should take the SFA/SPFL to court thereby UEFA cancel European football for all Scottish clubs.
It would hurt that lot far more than us and would highlight the outrageous bias against us to a world wide audience.
The Stevie G impact strengthened our hand no end and the mentally challengeds would be absolutely terrified of the ensuing results. Their image would be rightfully tarnished for the foreseeable future and the rest of Scottish Football would realise we mean business and relinquish their dependancy on LLiewell.

If it's feasible, I'd love Rangers to do this.

If there is corruption, which evidently there is certainly very good reason to belief so. And if past dealing within this organisations has been one sided to favour others then we take it as far as we can. Even lawyers within these organisations are blatantly biased.

We should not allow the press or in-house hand shakes to derail what needs done.

would love for this to happen,, just to see them all running for cover as all their corruption, bigotry and bad business practice is laid out in a courtroom for the whole world to see,

If there is corruption, which evidently there is certainly very good reason to belief so. And if past dealing within this organisations has been one sided to favour others then we take it as far as we can. Even lawyers within these organisations are blatantly biased.

We should not allow the press or in-house hand shakes to derail what needs done.
If?

Unfortunately UEFA would come down on us like a ton of bricks. SPFL woould be ordered to punish us by as many points as possible to guarantee relegation (Just like they did to the Swiss with Sion)
The court of sports arbitration is where we would be pointed (I wouldn't trust them).

King is doing rather well just now with the catchy monkey - lets see how it pans out, we're still playing with a full deck.

Unfortunately UEFA would come down on us like a ton of bricks. SPFL woould be ordered to punish us by as many points as possible to guarantee relegation (Just like they did to the Swiss with Sion)
The court of sports arbitration is where we would be pointed (I wouldn't trust them).

King is doing rather well just now with the catchy monkey - lets see how it pans out, we're still playing with a full deck.

That would be an interesting legal question.

The Court of Session asserted its right to supervise Scottish football when we took the SFA to them over their illegal transfer ban.

It is an established right that any party can seek justice in the courts of the land.

The CoS might look very dimly upon the SFA or the SPFL if it tried to punish a club seeking redress in the courts.

Then it would be left to UEFA/FIFA to punish Scottish football as a whole.

Ding ding
Round 2
King wins the first
When will he deliver the knockout punch.???
Maybe more like, "MacLennan saved by the bell there following a ferocious right hook by King that left MacLennan hanging onto the ropes for much of the round. His cut team have their work cut out for them to stop the bleeding before the start of the second round"

:)

With hughs gone we now need to step up the pressure on maclennan.
McLennan is a far bigger fish than Hughes. The mentally challengeds may mount a defense of him, although any vestige of impartiality is absent if the "ah canny stand they bastards", can be validated.
He simply cannot be trusted to make unbiased decisions regarding the welfare of Rangers or the mhanks.
Hopefully both Doncaster and Fritzel are searching for him armed with P45s, to try and distance themselves from him.

This guy needs to go.
11mb6yu.jpg

Everyone involved with football will have a team they support, but there should be a mix then on the board to ensure there is no preferential treatment for 1 team, i.e. the bheasts. Using celtc's recruitment firm of choice, headed by the son of their former chairmen to recruit as many Rangers haters as possible is disgraceful, how have they got away with this for so long?

MacLennan isn't just being hunted for being a celtc fan, he's being hunted as major shareholders at the bheasts are the major shareholders at the company he works for - he is on Fritzel's payroll. It is shocking that this was allowed to happen and that the SPFL maintain that he is impartial. The speed in which they sent their initial response shows how untouchable they think they are, it was dismissive and unprofessional.

It's time to hunt them down and get back on an even playing field.

Everyone involved with football will have a team they support, but there should be a mix then on the board to ensure there is no preferential treatment for 1 team, i.e. the bheasts. Using celtc's recruitment firm of choice, headed by the son of their former chairmen to recruit as many Rangers haters as possible is disgraceful, how have they got away with this for so long?

MacLennan isn't just being hunted for being a celtc fan, he's being hunted as major shareholders at the bheasts are the major shareholders at the company he works for - he is on Fritzel's payroll. It is shocking that this was allowed to happen and that the SPFL maintain that he is impartial. The speed in which they sent their initial response shows how untouchable they think they are, it was dismissive and unprofessional.

It's time to hunt them down and get back on an even playing field.
Putting his allegiances to one side going by the Private Eye article he is totally the wrong man for the job.

McLennan is a far bigger fish than Hughes. The mentally challengeds may mount a defense of him, although any vestige of impartiality is absent if the "ah canny stand they bastards", can be validated.
He simply cannot be trusted to make unbiased decisions regarding the welfare of Rangers or the mhanks.
Hopefully both Doncaster and Fritzel are searching for him armed with P45s, to try and distance themselves from him.
I agree mate .also lawells sidekick can,t rember his name .the man who refred to us as huns .now that would be a scalpe.

Back