Article More conflict of interest problems for SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan

What was this about?
An online complaint to FARE about the schum singing IRA songs at a game, after we had been punished heavily for a non event at another match that FARE got us reported and punished for ( a sham of an organisation to protect the mhanks) and hammer us then sent they all complainants details to Regan who in turn then sent the private details of every Rangers supporter who had dared to complain about the IRA chants and Scheltic direct to Peter Lawell of Sceltic who were the perpetrators of the offence.
Lawell then sent a letter saying that they are against all this stuff, but in true essence the letters were to intimidate and say if you complain about us we know where you live, WHAT A DISGUSTING SCENARIO but shows you the level of corruption and collusion in Scotland.

In the interests of idle and uninformed speculation, who is likely to take a fall here?
imo, McLellan and Hughes are hopelessly compromised, they cannot be seen to be decision makers on matters regarding Rangers or the Mhankies. They have to go asap.
Doncaster may try and hang on meantime, but his card is marked, and should be gone within 6 months at most.
I'm sure DK has a hit list, which hopefully has Mulraney, and the current compliant officer near the top.
The wee turd Petrie, at the SFA may survive, if he behaves himself.
I think Milne has jumped ship, but may still benefit from crumbs at the Celtc table, to prevent him completely changing sides.
Embdy else worth the watching, who is position to do harm to Rangers?

I think you are missing the big picture here, its not about placements loosing their jobs or directors being unfit in doing their jobs. Its about corruption and that has far more serious consequences. Corruption in our game needs taking to court and guilty parties sanctioned.

If you think we are just hoping the SPFL or SFA get their house in order then you are very wrong. DK knows the evidence is there are its now a case of taking them down. Even the mhedia knows this.

Doncaster getting a 6 month grace period!!! The man needs to be in the dock.

The silence from all the other clubs is quite annoying!, why is Keech or any of the pretend journalists not asking opinions of the other clubs?

They are all feart of a knock on the door from Lieswell.....like the time Ross County weren't sure how to vote re our membership of the old SPL. Lieswell was up the A9 and in Dingwall putting pressure on Roy Macgregor before anyone could say the words "sporting integrity' !

Not a word from one SPFL club........thats a measure of what we are up against.

Can someone explain to me why this raises the toxic swamp of whataboutery regarding Campbell Ogilvie and Gordon Smith?

I believe that Campbell and Gordon were mentioned in the article as they have a vested interest in Rangers, and were given positions of power within the Scottish game. The first retort from ‘the other side’ would be to mention these figures and call us hypocrites. Jackson then goes on to clarify the difference in this situation and quells any similarities as McLennan can and would gain financially from a bias towards Celtic.

It is a classic situation of giving a little ground to gain a lot, and I think it is as cutting an article as Jackson would be allowed to write. I am very interested to see how this goes in the coming days. The momentum is shifting in Scottish football and Celtic are panicking!

They are all feart of a knock on the door from Lieswell.....like the time Ross County weren't sure how to vote re our membership of the old SPL. Lieswell was up the A9 and in Dingwall putting pressure on Roy Macgregor before anyone could say the words "sporting integrity' !

Not saying this is correct but maybe some SPFL clubs are keeping tight lipped as they know it would be in their interest to do so. Budge for example will know what the meeting entailed ;-) and the SPFL lawyers know this.

Sorry, but is this true, because if it is, then this alone is worthy of investigation and head rolling.

It is 100% true.

Scroll back up this thread and you'll find posts from one person who received the letters from Lawwell, complained, had his complaint upheld and then nothing happened, as usual.

At this time we are a global talking point mhedia in WoS and Scotland in general are irrelevant for once and our voices will be heard. Dave King (whom I had reservations on, regarding past manager appointments) has picked this battle at the correct time. Well done sir.

I agree about the exposure we have at present.

The Stevie G effect can't be underestimated. As I posted on another thread yesterday, Steven Gerrard posted a simple image of our club crest on his Twitter page on 1st June and it had already received nearly 300,000 likes in the first 24 hours it was up.

The eyes of the world are upon us right now and the timing of this demand for fairness within our regulators is bang on.

It is 100% true.

Scroll back up this thread and you'll find posts from one person who received the letters from Lawwell, complained, had his complaint upheld and then nothing happened, as usual.
That's melted my head. I must have missed that in the past. That alone is conflict of roles.

I believe that Campbell and Gordon were mentioned in the article as they have a vested interest in Rangers, and were given positions of power within the Scottish game. The first retort from ‘the other side’ would be to mention these figures and call us hypocrites. Jackson then goes on to clarify the difference in this situation and quells any similarities as McLennan can and would gain financially from a bias towards Celtic.

It is a classic situation of giving a little ground to gain a lot, and I think it is as cutting an article as Jackson would be allowed to write. I am very interested to see how this goes in the coming days. The momentum is shifting in Scottish football and Celtic are panicking!
Thing is though, everyone knew when they took on their SFA roles that Ogilvie was at Rangers for many years (and very well respected). Everyone knows Smith is a bear too.

Ditto, has to be said, for the likes of Jack McGinn, Eric Riley and Fat Japanese himself.

Here's the thing though - this is about "independent directors" being influenced by a certain club - and it being covered up.

Keech and Spiers are still hedging their bets.

They haven’t fully came out in support of DK. They never will and are no friends of The Rangers.

A pair of low life cuhnts

They both know that the SPFL and the SFA are riddled with mhanky scum placemen only there to do the bidding of the mhankies

Thing is though, everyone knew when they took on their SFA roles that Ogilvie was at Rangers for many years (and very well respected). Everyone knows Smith is a bear too.

Ditto, has to be said, for the likes of Jack McGinn, Eric Riley and Fat Japanese himself.

Here's the thing though - this is about "independent directors" being influenced by a certain club - and it being covered up.

I completely agree with you, I was clarifying why Jackson had even mentioned the members with a Rangers background.

The omission of full disclosure would have been hushed up had King not made an independent statement. I don’t think they were expecting such a move and it has shaken the foundations of the game in Scotland more than you would imagine.

The other main difference is the historic members who have Rangers in their hearts have always behaved with integrity and for the good of the game without and bias or need to push Rangers agenda at board level. McLennan’s appointment is another strategic move by Celtic to put a strangle hold on our game and to ensure that Celtic’s interests are put first and certainly ours last.

Regarding the other teams in the SPL keeping quiet - I don’t think this will last long. It is my belief that there are many chairmen of teams who would love to remove their tounges from the arse of Lawell and to work within a fair structure. Once the situation begins to fully unfold, the landscape in our game will change completely and Celtic will suffer greatly. They have relied on favours and gentle bias for too long now and the tide is changing. Let’s see how well they do on a level playing field.

Or the time they forgot about the minute's silence to appease the tims.

Even Keech is smelling a that.

dK0ytb2.jpg

An online complaint to FARE about the schum singing IRA songs at a game, after we had been punished heavily for a non event at another match that FARE got us reported and punished for ( a sham of an organisation to protect the mhanks) and hammer us then sent they all complainants details to Regan who in turn then sent the private details of every Rangers supporter who had dared to complain about the IRA chants and Scheltic direct to Peter Lawell of Sceltic who were the perpetrators of the offence.
Lawell then sent a letter saying that they are against all this stuff, but in true essence the letters were to intimidate and say if you complain about us we know where you live, WHAT A DISGUSTING SCENARIO but shows you the level of corruption and collusion in Scotland.

As has been said the country is corrupt.

Here you have Celtic been given the names and addresses of people who have made a complaint which could damage Celtic.

They have contacted these people and as good as Al Capone himself have let these people know , we know who you are where you live and with it presumably everything they need to know about you , to intimidate them .

And even then after getting caught out doing this intimidation, nothing was ever done about it.

And that feckin idiot Jackson is talking about it’s only crackpots thinking it’s a perceived control.

That is corruption right in everyone’s friggin smacker, it’s a shame on our country no one is able and willing g to do anything about it.

I think you are missing the big picture here, its not about placements loosing their jobs or directors being unfit in doing their jobs. Its about corruption and that has far more serious consequences. Corruption in our game needs taking to court and guilty parties sanctioned.

If you think we are just hoping the SPFL or SFA get their house in order then you are very wrong. DK knows the evidence is there are its now a case of taking them down. Even the mhedia knows this.

Doncaster getting a 6 month grace period!!! The man needs to be in the dock.
I'm not missing any big picture, simply indulging in idle and uninformed speculation.
I am aware of the corruption in Scottish football, from where it stems, and who orchestrates it all.
If you think that there will be even a hint of anyone seeing the inside of a dock regarding it, you are off your head. :p

Sorry, I don't buy that!

There is nothing wrong with a person holding a position at Filth FC or Rangers or indeed any Scottish club serving the football authorities in Scotland.
They come to the position from their clubs and we all know who they are and that they will obviously have an eye to the interests of their own club.

Some of the most powerful men in Scottish football have been working on football's committee's whilst remaining in full control of their respective club's, Liewell being a case in point, and I am sure historically he isn't the first Celtc man to have such a dual prominent position, although someone might have to help me with the names of the Rangers men who had such an equivalence?
I am sure there would be some I just can't recall them, although I well remember Robert Kelly being President of the SFA for a number of years.

Further, when a person leaves their club or indeed clubs plural and enters the committee rooms of the Scottish football as independents we respect this.
Gordon Smith if I am correct was one such, surely.
Or am I wrong and at the time he was in the post, was he also employed elsewhere with a third party interest connected to someone at Rangers that remained undeclared at any time during his stint?

I am sketchy on the historical committee's of the SFA, but I can never quite recall them ever being top heavy with members of Rangers Football Club.

Maybe someone on here has a handle on this stuff.

I'm not missing any big picture, simply indulging in idle and uninformed speculation.
I am aware of the corruption in Scottish football, from where it stems, and who orchestrates it all.
If you think that there will be even a hint of anyone seeing the inside of a dock regarding it, you are off your head. :p

well sir, the mhedia and celtic have you where they want you.

have a word with yourself.

you suggest Doncaster gets a pardon of no more than 6 months. That speaks volumes. He should be shown the door now and paper gathering like the irish are doing with INM should be put in place like the court ruling in Ireland regarding corporate governance.

It needs taking to court and DK knows this. This is not for someone to make a decision from in house.

Interestingly on the Jackson article.

"thats not to say MacLennan has been nobbled by Celtic's biggest shareholder and his long term business ally".

I think we will be seeing more revelations break.

That is shocking. Is there nothing that can be done re data protection etc.?

Keech and Spiers are still hedging their bets.

They haven’t fully came out in support of DK. They never will and are no friends of The Rangers.

A pair of low life cuhnts

They both know that the SPFL and the SFA are riddled with mhanky scum placemen only there to do the bidding of the mhankies
The press isn't about hedging their bets.
The press isn't about taking sides.
The press isn't about hiding behind spin or feeling pressure to excuse themselves for calling a spade a spade.

The press exists to inform and report the news without favour, to work on behalf of societies greater good, to demand transparency in matters affecting the public and to remain always objective, if they cannot do that, then they are no longer worth the paper they write on.

Although it is a long time since Jackson or Spiers lived up to the principles of their supposed calling.

I have the evidence of this too with the smelly letter from Lawell to my home address which i actually felt was quite threatening, considering it should have been private.
https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint

I think FARE have breached the Data Protection Act along with Lawell.

Make a complaint
If you think your data has been misused or that the organisation holding it has not kept it secure, you should contact them and tell them.

If you’re unhappy with their response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

ICO
casework@ico.org.uk
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Find out about call charges

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane
Wilmslow
Cheshire
SK9 5AF

You can also chat online with an advisor.

The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data.

You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.

Sorry, I don't buy that!

There is nothing wrong with a person holding a position at Filth FC or Rangers or indeed any Scottish club serving the football authorities in Scotland.
They come to the position from their clubs and we all know who they are and that they will obviously have an eye to the interests of their own club.

Some of the most powerful men in Scottish football have been working on football's committee's whilst remaining in full control of their respective club's, Liewell being a case in point, and I am sure historically he isn't the first Celtc man to have such a dual prominent position, although someone might have to help me with the names of the Rangers men who had such an equivalence?
I am sure there would be some I just can't recall them, although I well remember Robert Kelly being President of the SFA for a number of years.

Further, when a person leaves their club or indeed clubs plural and enters the committee rooms of the Scottish football as independents we respect this.
Gordon Smith if I am correct was one such, surely.
Or am I wrong and at the time he was in the post, was he also employed elsewhere with a third party interest connected to someone at Rangers that remained undeclared at any time during his stint?

I am sketchy on the historical committee's of the SFA, but I can never quite recall them ever being top heavy with members of Rangers Football Club.

Maybe someone on here has a handle on this stuff.

I apologise if I was not clear in what I posted, but I do not have any issue with whomever is elected or employed within the governance of the SPL/SFA umbrella body - No matter their background. I do, however, take issue with tactical positioning of ‘pawns’ who can feed the agendas of a particular team within its control.

I do concede that it must be difficult for the members to be completely unbiased considering they do have a leaning towards a particular team - but the mix of members from different clubs should nullify any unfairness. The issue is that there seems to be a financial gain as well as a footballing gain for specific members to pull in the direction of Celtic and this is where the problems arise.

I believe we are both saying the same thing - just in different ways!

That is wild! Was that in the news at all?

"Why hasn't he taken his concerns to Neil Doncaster "- aye okay Keech.
Amazing isn’t it? When Doncaster first came to Scottish football he looked like was going to be fair and balanced, a few meetings with Liewell and he knew if he wanted to survive he had to become yet another one of the Japanese puppets much like Jackson and his deliberately blinkered colleagues.

I apologise if I was not clear in what I posted, but I do not have any issue with whomever is elected or employed within the governance of the SPL/SFA umbrella body - No matter their background. I do, however, take issue with tactical positioning of ‘pawns’ who can feed the agendas of a particular team within its control.

I do concede that it must be difficult for the members to be completely unbiased considering they do have a leaning towards a particular team - but the mix of members from different clubs should nullify any unfairness. The issue is that there seems to be a financial gain as well as a footballing gain for specific members to pull in the direction of Celtic and this is where the problems arise.

I believe we are both saying the same thing - just in different ways!
No, I understand we are both on the same page on this, I am just using your post to anchor a further opinion.
Just to clear up Gordon Smith's appointment at the head of the SFA, Smith at the time had no association with Rangers.
He had been a former player but his Rangers career lasted only for three years, although he certainly made a substantial impact in that period.

He had spent longer at Kilmarnock ...five years, and a period of three years at St Mirren as an assistant manager.
His qualifications for taking the top job in the SFA came from his wide experience as a player and manager, his law degree and his time spent as a football agent.
As a legislator of football, he was very well suited to the post.

That his short period at Rangers stood against him and would ultimately cripple his tenure tells us much about what was being prepared behind the scenes in the world of Scottish football in that period.
Basically, Smith had to go, as a certain influence behind the scene busied itself in clearing the decks of any possible opposition before a tsunami of negativity was visited upon Rangers Football Club.

I just looked on Wikipedia and there is a remark on there that Smith had mentioned an agenda against Rangers at some point, however, it is unclear if this was said prior to or during his tenure within the SFA.
Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Tom English gives his response on twitter on how to resolve the situation.

"If Dave King really has a problem with the SPFL maybe he should call a truce in Statement Wars and pick up the phone and talk to them. Perhaps send them some evidence to support his claims. Action speaks louder and all that"

What planet is this man on? Evidence is in the public domain. Another hear no evil see no evil journo.

"If Dave King really has a problem with the SPFL maybe he should call a truce in Statement Wars and pick up the phone and talk to them. Perhaps send them some evidence to support his claims. Action speaks louder and all that"

What planet is this man on? Evidence is in the public domain. Another hear no evil see no evil journo.
If Tom Irish told a Rangers man that the sun was shining outside, I would suggest picking up a brolly.

No, I understand we are both on the same page on this, I am just using your post to anchor a further opinion.
Just to clear up Gordon Smith's appointment at the head of the SFA, Smith at the time had no association with Rangers.
He had been a former player but his Rangers career lasted only for three years, although he certainly made a substantial impact in that period.

He had spent longer at Kilmarnock ...five years, and a period of three years at St Mirren as an assistant manager.
His qualifications for taking the top job in the SFA came from his wide experience as a player and manager, his law degree and his time spent as a football agent.
As a legislator of football, he was very well suited to the post.

That his short period at Rangers stood against him and would ultimately cripple his tenure tells us much about what was being prepared behind the scenes in the world of Scottish football in that period.
Basically, Smith had to go, as a certain influence behind the scene busied itself in clearing the decks of any possible opposition before a tsunami of negativity was visited upon Rangers Football Club.

I just looked on Wikipedia and there is a remark on there that Smith had mentioned an agenda against Rangers at some point, however, it is unclear if this was said prior to or during his tenure within the SFA.
Does anyone know?

Perhaps the article in the Telegraph was the one you remember. It mentions his feelings about the unfair treatment of Rangers and our fans because of our songs. It was just prior to his appointment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2323185/Gordon-Smiths-book-leaves-a-bitter-taste.html

Perhaps the article in the Telegraph was the one you remember. It mentions his feelings about the unfair treatment of Rangers and our fans because of our songs. It was just prior to his appointment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2323185/Gordon-Smiths-book-leaves-a-bitter-taste.html
Ah, that must be it.

That such a balanced piece could even begin to foment disquiet at Smith's appointment in certain quarters actually demonstrates further what we are up against in Scottish football.
It isn't as if he is quoted anywhere saying 'I cannae stand the bstrds', when talking about Celtc FC.

Where we have to contend with full on hate and swallow without resistance, they are simply up in arms that anyone might have ever had an association with Rangers.

There is no level playing field in Scotland, and it will take a lot of draining to make this particular toxic swamp habitable again for decent people.

This guy mm must have been involved in the Media Censorship in Scotland ie Rangers bad celtic good propaganda that has been going on for years. He seems to have been in control of certain biased media outlets.

I believe Aberdeen spoke with their lawyers on Friday and were having another meeting this morning.
To protect themselves from the incoming or to have a go at the SPFL as they aren't happy with the situation either? Just seen this answered. Cheers. R69

Last edited:
Regan was the person when Rangers supporters complained by filling out an online complaints form to FARE about singing in Support of the IRA etc they then forwarded all the names and addresses to Regan .( a breach of privacy laws) .
He then personally sent them on to Peter Lawell who then sent them all a personal letter on CFC letter headings to there home addresses , they are all as one and in bed with each other, corrupt to the core.
Another data breach at an O'brien company? Interesting. Wonder if the Irish authorities know about that?
Yorkshire could not believe their luck as they were on the verge of sacking him at the time. Pakistan usually play their home test matches in one of the Emirates states but Regan thought it would be a big moneyspinner to hold their test matches against Australia at Headingley. It cost Yorkshire a fortune in guarantees but the games were poorly attended and they ended up with huge debts because of it.
In other words Nolans headhunters picked their target well. They seem to be good at what they do.

Can someone explain to me why this raises the toxic swamp of whataboutery regarding Campbell Ogilvie and Gordon Smith?
Totally transparent both of them. Everyone knew who they were, where they came from and who they'd worked for in the past. Not even in the same ballpark as this. Just shows how parochial Jackson is if he thinks there's even the slightest of comparisons between the two. Utter drivel.

Tom Oirish has suddenly morphed into his former alter-ego as " Rugby correspondent".

To be honest if NM was of moral standing he would have resigned, the fact that he hasn't says it all.
The lack of governance is pitiful and to think that tactically they think this will all blow over sums them up.
The correct thing to do is to start again and have a full review of the board members including non-exec's and have them all re-apply for their position based on the rules that they should have adhered to.

Jack McGinn held a position with the SFA when he didn't have any job with any member club.

Ah, that must be it.

That such a balanced piece could even begin to foment disquiet at Smith's appointment in certain quarters actually demonstrates further what we are up against in Scottish football.
It isn't as if he is quoted anywhere saying 'I cannae stand the bstrds', when talking about Celtc FC.

Where we have to contend with full on hate and swallow without resistance, they are simply up in arms that anyone might have ever had an association with Rangers.

There is no level playing field in Scotland, and it will take a lot of draining to make this particular toxic swamp habitable again for decent people.
Clear the swamp,make Rangers great again.:)

I demand a Five-way agreement for this all to go away

• Rod McKenzie to have a heart attack
  • Celtic Football Club to publically apologise to all players within their youth ranks who should have been cared for under their guardianship but who were horribly neglected and crimes covered up by their custodians. The victims should be suitably compensated by the club that failed them disgracefully.
  • Peter Lawwell to get a Neil Doncaster style hairdo and neck 43 AA batteries as tho they are oysters
  • 1st World War titles to be stripped
  • Dermot Desmond's basement and harddrive be searched because he's an obvious fucking wrongun
I want the poets heavily punished for there heinous crimes four decades off titles and other trophys taking off them and demoted to the 3rd division and paying out big compenasion for the victims that should be £50 million at the very least

Back