Morelos nine attempts at goal.

The pressure is cranked up on Alfie at every chance by our unbiased media/press and hes only human in that hes trying to hard against them im sure if he gets one against them even a shitey tap in or a bounce off him then he will score plenty

Fed up of this Forster being great yesterday pish. He had a good save from Jack and saved an awful penalty that he was about four yards off his line for. Literally every other shot was straight at him. I'd be expecting any decent goalkeeper to save them. He was also very lucky with the one that went through him in the first half.

Routine saves. Our finishing was poor.

How many goals Morelos has scored in 80% of other games is not relevant to what happened yesterday. Whether it's justified or fair, Rangers players are judged largely on what happens in serious games.

Yes, I like him. Yes, he's fantastic. But he had a shocker yesterday. That said, the sort of chances he had were not absolute 100% chances; we had several from tight angles and weak headers. It was pretty weak in both penalty boxes.

His development will continue and hopefully he can address it next time.

What a ridiculous statement! "Serious games"!?!?! Are you frieekin kidding me! This place goes into meltdown every time we drop a point. Us not scoring in a game is NEVER an acceptable option! And you suggest that for our lone striker there are non-serious games!?!?

We have morons on here who are clearly too young to remember Sebo, cause they are acting like Buff is a striker who can't hit a barn door after 7/9 shots required saving!

He didn't hide, even when things were not going for him. If you keep going back in it will eventually come good. I remember Super Ally being roundly booed in his first season, the last straw being a dreadful performance against Dundee in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox when we got knocked out. The next week we beat Celtic in the League Cup Final. Ally scored a hat-trick and never looked back.

So, if he scores a few goals against them and no so many against all these easy teams and we finish 4th, he’s a good player?

I reckon we could do a swap deal to get Lafferty back...

25 goals in 30 games... world beater. 25 goals in 31 games. Panic! He's got a mental block! Sounds legit...

Any striker who misses as many clear cut chances as we had today is going to take some criticism.

That goes with the territory of being Rangers centre forward.

Similarly, a player who regularly puts the poets to the sword can quickly attain hero status (Loverkrands, Albertz and Super step forward)
Most of his strikes were on target.

Morelos tore them apart on Sunday, made most of his chances himself, hit the target with all bar 1 of then

with the exception of the poor penalty, what other chance did he have that would really be considered a bad miss?

people’s judgements are being clouded by the fact he had so many chances. Take each in isolation and none are terrible misses

he came up against a keeper who was just never going to be beaten on Sunday, sometimes these things happen

Morelos tore them apart on Sunday, made most of his chances himself, hit the target with all bar 1 of then

with the exception of the poor penalty, what other chance did he have that would really be considered a bad miss?

people’s judgements are being clouded by the fact he had so many chances. Take each in isolation and none are terrible misses

he came up against a keeper who was just never going to be beaten on Sunday, sometimes these things happen

He could've done better with the header, but it wasn't a sitter.

His best chance was the reverse pass which he tried to hit low into the far corner...we've seen him smashing them into the roof of the net so many times this season. Should've definitely scored that.

It's frustrating for sure but on another day he gets a hattrick against that mob. His time will come but not scoring against one team so far means nothing. It's just the last thing the scum media are clinging on to.
Sebo scored against Chelsea ffs! Sure as hell didn't make him a world beater! It's consistency that matters and Morelos is the most prolific in the SPL as well as one of the top in Europe at the moment!

He didn't hide, even when things were not going for him. If you keep going back in it will eventually come good. I remember Super Ally being roundly booed in his first season, the last straw being a dreadful performance against Dundee in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox when we got knocked out. The next week we beat Celtic in the League Cup Final. Ally scored a hat-trick and never looked back.

Remember that game well. From memory Ally missed five chances easier than those Morelos is being criticised for, albeit I think Alfie was disappointing on three of them.

But your point about Alfie & Ally both never giving up is the most important one.

Good on both of them for that.

Tell you what after the dust has settled, I'm confident the wee man will score against them sooner rather than later. He was immense on Sunday and if he plays like that at Parkhades at the end of the month he may well be on a hat-trick.

You'd think that Morelos has walked off the pitch on Sunday laughing and giggling.

He'll be hurting more than anyone and I'm sure he's desperate for Thursday so he can bring a smile back to all our faces.

Then without taking his eye off the other games in between - he'll be looking forward to the game at Parkhead, now, more than ever.

Morelos was so poor that he got one of their players sent off, won one penalty (should've been two, maybe three), had countless efforts/half chances which he created from nothing.

Any other day he scores a hat trick...sometimes these things happen in games and it's just not your day.
I played in a semi final years ago where I ran riot but just could not score no matter what I did! Hit the post, bar you name it.
We get to a penalty shoot out and I hit the bar with mine (an inch lower and it would have been perfect).
As infuriating as Sunday was, I can't help but sympathise with Morelos.

Last edited:
The keeper had a blinder today.

The penalty was a shocker.

The chance at the end he needs to hit the target.

He had an off day today like he did midweek, we really need him to bounce back against YB.

Folk writing him off, asking him to be sold etc. need to stop supporting us.

Anybody saying sell him have lost the f*cking plot.

When Morelos plays poorly we inevitably don't win the game, we would be absolutely lost without him and for those who cannot see that please stop following football.

I played in a semi final years ago where I ran riot but just could not score no matter what I did! Hit the post, bar you name it.
We get to a penalty shoot out and I hit the bar with mine (an inch lower and it would have been perfect).
As infuriating as Sunday was, I can't help but sympathise with Morelos.

Yip, had games like that myself where nothing you do comes off. It happens.

I might be talking garbage but could the weather conditions have made a difference to Alfie taking some of the chances? All hypothetical now of course, so just offering it as a reason for Alfie's bad luck at the office on Sunday.

Not sure if others would agree who were watching from close to the side of the pitch at ground level, but where I was standing, which was right next to the Rangers bench the whole pitch area looked quite dark compared to Ibrox. Rain ain't a big deal normally, but I felt that at ground level the floodlights didn't seem quite bright enough. Also, the floodlights seemed to be LED lights and like LED streetlights, they are very directional and badly reflect every raindrop and the wet surface. With the added howling wind that can't have been easy for a striker. Just a thought.

He could've done better with the header, but it wasn't a sitter.

His best chance was the reverse pass which he tried to hit low into the far corner...we've seen him smashing them into the roof of the net so many times this season. Should've definitely scored that.
Header could have done better but not a sitter. If that’s the only chance he misses in the game we’re not really talking a lot about it. I’d go as far to say Helander’s header is an easier chance, he only needs to head it on target rather than wide! Morelos has to try aim his back across goal and into the ground.

the one at the end I think you mean? I agree, probably 8 times out of 10 he scores that and he should have hit the target on the day but again not a bad miss or a sitter by any means

Header could have done better but not a sitter. If that’s the only chance he misses in the game we’re not really talking a lot about it. I’d go as far to say Helander’s header is an easier chance, he only needs to head it on target rather than wide! Morelos has to try aim his back across goal and into the ground.

the one at the end I think you mean? I agree, probably 8 times out of 10 he scores that and he should have hit the target on the day but again not a bad miss or a sitter by any means

Nah the one towards the end was actually a really difficult chance but on another day he'd score it.

The one I meant was the second one Forster saved with his feet. Morelos had more time than he thought and tried to hit it low to the far corner. Should've smashed it into the roof of the net.

Nah the one towards the end was actually a really difficult chance but on another day he'd score it.

The one I meant was the second one Forster saved with his feet. Morelos had more time than he thought and tried to hit it low to the far corner. Should've smashed it into the roof of the net.

I agree. However given the wet conditions low and hard was a good option for his shots.

He hit it low and hard across the keeper which is how you are trained to shoot. Simple fact is the keeper spread himself well and got the block in. Had he lifted it, he would have scored. Likewise if the keeper didn't get low enough in time he would have scored. Just need to chalk it down to a good save.

Back