Morelos nine attempts at goal.

The big issue should be if Morelos doesn't score for us then who does ? Our over reliance on him now is part of the problem, other players need to step up in the big ocassions.

Reactions: TNT
I'm Alfie's biggest fan but missing penalties and big chances in cup finals is going to attract criticism. That was a real sickener when he missed.

The penalty was his only bad miss. None of them were sitters. On another day he scores a few.

Reactions: TNT
Morelos will never score against them.

Can't be too hard on the guy as his goals are why we are two points off the top of the league and have the opportunity to go through to the next round of the Europa league but he has a mental block when it comes to scoring against them.
Boyd only scored one against them, but helped us win a few trophies.

Does HE need a goal against them!?!? Or do you need him to score against them cause thats what the media are telling you? Are you seriously saying you'd care one jot about this chat if we'd won 1-0 courtesy of a Ryan jack screamer?

Look at his goals in europe (many of which have had a FAR greater baring on the club and his career than any would have been yesterday)... in Morelos's head a goal against celtic would have been no more important.

He was a constant threat to them yesterday and one of the main reasons any observer will agree we deserved to win!

It's nothing to do with the media he needs to score against them it's that simple, he also had opportunities to pass to a player in a better position.

Does HE need a goal against them!?!? Or do you need him to score against them cause thats what the media are telling you? Are you seriously saying you'd care one jot about this chat if we'd won 1-0 courtesy of a Ryan jack screamer?

Look at his goals in europe (many of which have had a FAR greater baring on the club and his career than any would have been yesterday)... in Morelos's head a goal against celtic would have been no more important.

He was a constant threat to them yesterday and one of the main reasons any observer will agree we deserved to win!

"Does HE need a goal against them!?!? Or do you need him to score against them cause thats what the media are telling you?".

Well said and an outstanding response!

His goals will come anyone would think we were a one man team and result aside as well as losing to an offside goal big positive is how we played against them!

Morelos had an off day but by in large this season has been absolutely outstanding, we need to get behind him and hope he can get back to form starting on Thursday night, we also need Kent to step up as i thought he was very poor yesterday, hopefully Davis is fit for Thursday as he was missed badly yesterday especially when they went down to ten.

Well you’re obviously as competent at reading my posts as you are at supporting our best players. Everyone knows what you’re all about when it comes to Morelos (who is a Rangers player the way, so you really ought to be a Morelos fan), you don’t particularly care for him, you have a fairly big chip on your shoulder and have been a bitter lemon since he began to make you eat your words and ultimately showed your previous views on him to be comically wide of the mark.

But yes of course he’s the reason we lost, it wasn’t because they scored an offside goal, it wasn’t because we had a second penalty denied, it wasn’t because their keeper played a blinder, it wasn’t because Gerrard’s substitutes hampered us for the final 20 minutes, and it wasn’t because once again no one else in the team stepped up to seize control and fashion a goal. We lost because of Morelos. I’ll tell you what, you and Chris Sutton would get on like a house on fire, you could definitely bond through your mutual dislike of Morelos.

Ultimately his form this season has a mockery of your previous statements RE Morelos and that’s why you’re the ‘fan’ who in spite of him being the primary reason we’re anywhere near the top of the league/on the verge of the Europa KO rounds/were in a cup final, is talking about not being able to back him anymore, and the ‘fan’ who’d rather seize the opportunity to put the boot in (much like every tarriar in the land). Yeah some ‘fan’ you are, like I said the club and the players don’t need your kind. Of course you ‘don’t care’ so I’m sure you’ll have no issue with my pointing this out and will subsequently blank the post.

Wow an outstanding brilliant response I was just about to write a reply nowhere near as good as this! Instead may I use this as my thoughts on the supposed fan too? Thanks in advance!

As anyone got the stats / shot maps / percentages of where Morelos hits the ball?

Does seem he will continually go near post and hope power will be enough , against a big unit like the tims keeper, tricky (Forster no doubt he’s watched a lot of video analysis on where Morelos goes when advancing right hand side)

Does HE need a goal against them!?!?

He does aye, he does need to score against them because the league we play in is unique in that more often than not there is only two, and in recent years one who will most likely win things.

if we have a forward who people start to accept doesn't need to score against them we most likely won't win much.

Well you’re obviously as competent at reading my posts as you are at supporting our best players. Everyone knows what you’re all about when it comes to Morelos (who is a Rangers player the way, so you really ought to be a Morelos fan), you don’t particularly care for him, you have a fairly big chip on your shoulder and have been a bitter lemon since he began to make you eat your words and ultimately showed your previous views on him to be comically wide of the mark.

But yes of course he’s the reason we lost, it wasn’t because they scored an offside goal, it wasn’t because we had a second penalty denied, it wasn’t because their keeper played a blinder, it wasn’t because Gerrard’s substitutes hampered us for the final 20 minutes, and it wasn’t because once again no one else in the team stepped up to seize control and fashion a goal. We lost because of Morelos. I’ll tell you what, you and Chris Sutton would get on like a house on fire, you could definitely bond through your mutual dislike of Morelos.

Ultimately his form this season has a mockery of your previous statements RE Morelos and that’s why you’re the ‘fan’ who in spite of him being the primary reason we’re anywhere near the top of the league/on the verge of the Europa KO rounds/were in a cup final, is talking about not being able to back him anymore, and the ‘fan’ who’d rather seize the opportunity to put the boot in (much like every tarriar in the land). Yeah some ‘fan’ you are, like I said the club and the players don’t need your kind. Of course you ‘don’t care’ so I’m sure you’ll have no issue with my pointing this out and will subsequently blank the post.

Morelos isn’t the sole reason we lost that game but he was a large contributor with missed chances and the penalty. Both linesmen were also large contributors.

Yesterday doesn’t change the fact that he’s a class player and scores us goals but it does put doubt into whether he’ll ever be able to do the business for us against that lot.

Some like yourself seem totally dismissive of any valid criticism that is aimed towards him

This is hysterical nonsense. Strikers as good as Alfie don't get nine shots away against teams they have a 'mental block' over. He hasn't been at his best the last couple of games but nine shots from a guy that has netted 25 times this season and you conclude he will never score against them? Your dissapointment has scrambled your brain.

I think he actually looks a bit jaded over the last 3 games. Fighting like fook but just looks in need of a wee rest.

A top class striker continually puts himself in the position to score. His movement and positional play is exceptional. His finishing is normally there as well. It wasn’t his day yesterday, their keeper was having a day where he saved everything. He had 9 chances or so and it’s very frustrating one of them wasn’t buried but that’s what happened.

Rangers would not be competing for anything this season without Morelos scoring the goals he has. That is my main worry more than Morelos having a day when things didn’t go his way which happens to the best.

Id also say our lack of threat at set pieces and corners yesterday is on every single player. To have the number of corners we did and for nobody to win a clean header and power it home needs looked at. That’s on the whole team.

Last edited:
I’ll only criticise him for two, the penalty miss when Lurch was 5 yards off his line and taking a shot when he should have pulled it back to Kent, the rest, he’s a striker that’s his job.

Agree, but want to see that header again too. He did the trademark into the ground technique but it didn’t seem as powerful as his norm.

Of course the conditions were really bad & he maybe had trouble with the swirling cross.

In all honesty when you look at his chances (apart from the penalty), the only one I reckon he should've definitely scored was the reverse pass he received in the box and hit low which Forster saved with his feet. Some of them were only half chances and/or genuinely good saves. The header he could've possibly done better with as well.

Shouldn't the bigger worry be that none of our other players are able to step up in a game like yesterday? How many headers does Goldson want?

It wasn't just Alfie who missed chances.

How many corners did we have? How many gave good opportunities for headers on target? How many hit the target?

I was just as concerned at that as with Alfie not scoring.

Fed up of this Forster being great yesterday pish. He had a good save from Jack and saved an awful penalty that he was about four yards off his line for. Literally every other shot was straight at him. I'd be expecting any decent goalkeeper to save them. He was also very lucky with the one that went through him in the first half.

How can’t anyone still claim he doesn’t need to score against them after yesterday? Mind boggling.

His record against the mentally challenged is atrocious and if he has composure yesterday then we win the cup.

you forgot to add the 4 clear chances Helander and Goldson had in the first 15 mins.

Fed up of this Forster being great yesterday pish. He had a good save from Jack and saved an awful penalty that he was about four yards off his line for. Literally every other shot was straight at him. I'd be expecting any decent goalkeeper to save them. He was also very lucky with the one that went through him in the first half.

Whilst Alfredo should have buried the header that was also an excellent save.

Morelos isn’t the sole reason we lost that game but he was a large contributor with missed chances and the penalty. Both linesmen were also large contributors.

Yesterday doesn’t change the fact that he’s a class player and scores us goals but it does put doubt into whether he’ll ever be able to do the business for us against that lot.

Some like yourself seem totally dismissive of any valid criticism that is aimed towards him

I’m clearly not though. Anyone who can read English would see that isn’t the case. My issue issue was with the pathetic glee shown by that poster and his his assertion that he can no longer back the player.

And there’s a lot more contributors than Morelos and the linesman.

Whilst Alfredo should have buried the header that was also an excellent save.
He literally didnt have to move to save hit. Alfredo, from about 4 yards, headed it into the ground taking all pace out of it, straight at him. Morelos just seems to have a knack of hitting celtic goalkeepers when it's easier to score. We can only hope he slots one away at the end of the month over there.

The penalty was, obviously, atrocious. I actually think he was unlucky/came up against a goalkeeper having a good day with virtually all of the others and didn't put in a bad performance overall.

He has looked a little off the boil midweek and yesterday though.

The penalty was, obviously, atrocious. I actually think he was unlucky/came up against a goalkeeper having a good day with virtually all of the others and didn't put in a bad performance overall.

and lets ignore the fact that the keeper got away with breaking the rules when he “saved” the pen.

It was a terrible penalty. Absolutely zero composure and didn't put it anywhere the corner. His goals against them will come eventually.

How many goals Morelos has scored in 80% of other games is not relevant to what happened yesterday. Whether it's justified or fair, Rangers players are judged largely on what happens in serious games.

Yes, I like him. Yes, he's fantastic. But he had a shocker yesterday. That said, the sort of chances he had were not absolute 100% chances; we had several from tight angles and weak headers. It was pretty weak in both penalty boxes.

His development will continue and hopefully he can address it next time.

So our 23 year old striker has a bad day and is getting it in the neck. What next? Let's chase him out the door like Jim Forrest. Let's chant Alfie Alfie get tae phuck like we did for Super.

It was a shite day. We know that. Laying it all on a young strikers shoulders is pish behaviour.

Where's phuckin Mearns? I need some sanity.

Claiming that he will never score against Celtic, it's just the daft sort of stuff you hear from their fans. I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting any chances against them. The goals will come.
We’ve heard this the past 9/10 games mate yesterday was the best chance he’ll ever have

But he didn't. The goalie committed quite early too.

Yeah I know I'm just making a point about what's classed as a great penalty. A goal, regardless of how well its struck or placed is a great penalty.

A saved penalty, regardless of how well it is struck of placed is a poor penalty.

Morelos actually had a very good game yesterday. He dominated their defenders and most of his chances were great movement from him and getting away from their defence.

Gutted for him, and for all of us.

Well look at the chances he had for a start? It’s as bad a penalty as your ever likely to see

Needless hyperbole. If having a huge tantrum makes you feel better then by all means get it out your system. But that’s bollocks, THIS is as bad a penalty as you’re ever likely to see

QuerulousGentleAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

Morelos’s penalty was crap but you see them all the time and you see them hit the net a lot too when the keeper goes the other way. It’s nothing like “as bad a penalty as you’re likely to see”.

I'm not making Alfie a scapegoat. I'm merely stating that if our most prolific scorer has twice as many chances as the entire opposition and fails to bag at least one then surely there has to be questions asked.
He missed chances, it happens! He scores nearly every game he plays ffs.
He's on course to score over 40 goals this season.

Personally I thought he had a poor game and more interested in moaning and whining. He plays his normal game and we stroll that, sadly he didn’t. I’m a huge backer of him but his composure at times can be off.
The player we had yesterday was the raw lad that first pitched up 2.5 years ago

Well look at the chances he had for a start? It’s as bad a penalty as your ever likely to see
Better players than him have missed penalties. Also, he'll get better chances if we keep playing like that against them and I hope to God he makes a tit of you for your comments. I'm sure you would be more than happy if he did that too.

Back