Mygers points being updated

They were asking for feedback on the change, not a hope are they moving it.

Was always intended to be three years.
The intention of changing it to 3 years was based on the proviso that they never expected a full season to be behind closed doors though

So maybe next year then mate for the 3 years or once that covid season drops off?
I think any arguments about it moving to 3 years are redundant as soon as covid season drops off.

As a compromise, 4 years could be used until such times as it’s purely based on 21/22 onwards.

The issue is, we’re looking at another 2 seasons then until 20/21 drops off and that’s 2 seasons of increased income/changing buying habits/increased pressure on fans buying add ons that the club won’t benefit from

Ultimately that’ll be the thing that sways it, the club will know income won’t be at the levels it would be for the next 2 seasons if they changed it from 5 to 3 years. I don’t agree with it moving to 3 years but I’m not stupid enough to pretend I don’t know the reasons for it

The intention of changing it to 3 years was based on the proviso that they never expected a full season to be behind closed doors though
Its irrelevant as its the same for everyone.

They kept five years to capture loyalty from championship. Thats gone, move to three years.

If you go all the time it wont make a difference to you.

If you are only in high silver/gold because you are getting 50 points from CCS and ticking away games and 20 for travel club but not actually going anywhere then no luck. Go to other games if you dont want to drop tiers.

Arguing to extend is for people to continue getting all the tickets due to the point allocation above and build a buffer before the drop.

Its irrelevant as its the same for everyone.

They kept five years to capture loyalty from championship. Thats gone, move to three years.

If you go all the time it wont make a difference to you.

If you are only in high silver/gold because you are getting 50 points from CCS and ticking away games and 20 for travel club but not actually going anywhere then no luck. Go to other games if you dont want to drop tiers.

Arguing to extend is for people to continue getting all the tickets due to the point allocation above and build a buffer before the drop.
I will be closer to the top of it moves to 3 years but I still don’t agree that it’s right

Also, it’s not the same for everyone - the point I made yesterday about it being most beneficial for new ST holders is true. The biggest winners are the ST holders who bought their first ST in 21/22 season, where as the fans that missed out on 1/4 of a season in 19/20 and didn’t take refunds + 20/21 to watch on a tv link are shafted

I will be closer to the top of it moves to 3 years but I still don’t agree that it’s right

Also, it’s not the same for everyone - the point I made yesterday about it being most beneficial for new ST holders is true. The biggest winners are the ST holders who bought their first ST in 21/22 season, where as the fans that missed out on 1/4 of a season in 19/20 and didn’t take refunds + 20/21 to watch on a tv link are shafted
Its the same change for everyone so its not more beneficial to one or another.

Peoples points are based on what they have done in those years.

If you didnt go away then expect to drop points and down the teirs. If you did go away then your points drop and you stay the same.

In essence the exact thing the system was brought in for, reward those who travel everywhere more than those who dont.

It was always going to three years once it cleared the championship season.

Its the same change for everyone so its not more beneficial to one or another.

Peoples points are based on what they have done in those years.

If you didnt go away then expect to drop points and down the teirs. If you did go away then your points drop and you stay the same.

In essence the exact thing the system was brought in for, reward those who travel everywhere more than those who dont.

It was always going to three years once it cleared the championship season.
The tag line for mygers is “always rangers, always rewarded”. In the last 2 years, ST holders since 2019 have paid for an incomplete season, some didn’t take refunds, and a season behind closed doors

By changing to 3 seasons whilst a covid season is included, it gives a massive advantage to fans that have only bought STs from 21/22 onwards as they have 1 or 2 years less needing to be spent to catch up. In the meantime, fans that have backed the club for those extra 2 seasons see their “loyalty” taken away

It needs to move to 3 seasons eventually I agree but it shouldn’t happen until the covid season drops off.

I’m not even coming from a selfish standpoint either as I’ll 100% be closer to the top if and when the 80 TC points are removed (8 games/2 years membership) as I didn’t do all of those 8 games.

You could make it a rolling 2 year period and the people right at the top will still be there in 10 years time as their buying habits are the reason they’ll stay there, plus they do 75%+ euro trips

The tag line for mygers is “always rangers, always rewarded”. In the last 2 years, ST holders since 2019 have paid for an incomplete season, some didn’t take refunds, and a season behind closed doors

By changing to 3 seasons whilst a covid season is included, it gives a massive advantage to fans that have only bought STs from 21/22 onwards as they have 1 or 2 years less needing to be spent to catch up. In the meantime, fans that have backed the club for those extra 2 seasons see their “loyalty” taken away

It needs to move to 3 seasons eventually I agree but it shouldn’t happen until the covid season drops off.

I’m not even coming from a selfish standpoint either as I’ll 100% be closer to the top if and when the 80 TC points are removed (8 games/2 years membership) as I didn’t do all of those 8 games.

You could make it a rolling 2 year period and the people right at the top will still be there in 10 years time as their buying habits are the reason they’ll stay there, plus they do 75%+ euro trips
Part timer :p

Everyone gets affected by the covid season so it doesnt matter.

Essentially majority of those arguing for it to be kept (yourself excluded) need the season before mygers came in to keep themselves topped up and will try to game the system like some already do (buy tickets with no intention of going and get mates to pick up their euro tickets).

From a selfish perspective I think I might benefit from going it to 3 years. I don’t have any historical Euro travel beyond last season. Also drops off a few friendlies I didn’t attend.

If I were to vote on it I would still keep it to 5 years.

T
You don’t get MyGers points for buying merchandise.
This is one of the many unsatisfactory aspects of the MyGers scheme.

In comparison, Manchester City's "Citizens" membership scheme costs £35 and gives subscribers 10% off merchandise and £5 off the price of non-season ticket matches. We neither get a discount nor loyalty points for buying from the club [as opposed to other possible outlets which might be selling at cheaper prices.

We're pretty much compelled to join in order to be able to attend semi-final and final games when we reach those stages, or to attend some away games [if you're lucky], but any other benefits are debateable.

T

In comparison, Manchester City's "Citizens" membership scheme costs £35 and gives subscribers 10% off merchandise and £5 off the price of non-season ticket matches. We neither get a discount nor loyalty points for buying from the club [as opposed to other possible outlets which might be selling at cheaper prices.

We're pretty much compelled to join in order to be able to attend semi-final and final games when we reach those stages, or to attend some away games [if you're lucky], but any other benefits are debateable
The only real benefit to my Gers is removing the ballot for Hampden if you are mid-high pointer.

I would love to see the distribution of attendance for ST holders. There must be some attend zero games and I bet the number who get to all 19 league games is not that many.

I’ve been a ST holder for close to 20 years I’m not sure I’ve ever made all league games always miss 2/3 for various reasons.
Defoe at pittodrie and parkheed since the low allocation apart from the Sakala game this season is the only domestic games I’ve missed in 29 years , I’ve no ticket source within the club and it actually consumes my life finding a way , I need a break more than the players:D

T

We're pretty much compelled to join in order to be able to attend semi-final and final games when we reach those stages, or to attend some away games [if you're lucky], but any other benefits are debateable.
Is that a fair comparison considering Man City are owned by billionaires and receive bucketfuls of cash from sky?

Is that a fair comparison considering Man City are owned by billionaires and receive bucketfuls of cash from sky?
Yes, I think it is a fair comparison since it's not as if the City fans are being given those perks for free. Their charge for membership is slightly cheaper than MyGers, but still fans have to pay to secure the benefits they provide.

The point surely is that the incentives of discounts for merchandise and a reduced cost of non-season ticket sales still generates an income for the club, as would be the case were those same benefits available to MyGers subscribers. Perhaps more people would turn up at non-season ticket games or buy more from the club shop if they were.

I don't know about others, many of whom will undoubtedly have spent even more, but I reckon I spent about the equivalent of the cost of my Season Ticket on merchandise last season. I bought from the Club rather than purchase from cheaper outlets [or sending for the items from China] to ensure my club benefitted but I sometimes wonder if we're seen simply as a productive cash cow.

Have we any indication on what away points will be added?
I have 10 points added for away attendance and 5 points added for away registration(added today)
Gold tier,applied for everything and got 7/8 away tickets through MyGers.

I have 10 points added for away attendance and 5 points added for away registration(added today)
Gold tier,applied for everything and got 7/8 away tickets through MyGers.
So based on that, 15 will be maximum amount of points available?

So same points whether you’ve got a ticket or not, so long as you apply?

No away fans at Dundee Utd, Ross County was first come, first served. First Celtic behind closed doors but you don’t get a point for either Celtic game anyway

So essentially a point for every game applied for?

So based on that, 15 will be maximum amount of points available?

So same points whether you’ve got a ticket or not, so long as you apply?

No away fans at Dundee Utd, Ross County was first come, first served. First Celtic behind closed doors but you don’t get a point for either Celtic game anyway

So essentially a point for every game applied for?
My mate in bronze who didn’t apply for many andgot one away ticket(Livingston) has got the same 15 points as me added (10+5)
(Despite the fact that they stated 2 points for each low cat game and 1 point for higher cat game initially).

My mate in bronze who got one away ticket(Livingston) has got the same 15 points as me added.
(Despite the fact that they stated 2 points for each low cat game and 1 point for higher cat game initially).
Looks like they’ve absolutely shat the bed then :D

Basically a point for every registration but the point gets taken away if you’ve been offered a ticket and not purchased.

So essentially golds will just be applying for everything anyway and bronze will never make up ground based on away tickets :D

What’s the actual point in giving points for away tickets then? Presumably they can’t give points for hampden games then either as essentially people that don’t get offered would’ve applied too?

Everyone has STs, so get the same points for that. It’s heading towards who can buy the most add ons to differentiate themselves as not everyone will get the option for euro aways - are they going to start giving everyone 15 for euro away games too?

Looks like they’ve absolutely shat the bed then :D

Basically a point for every registration but the point gets taken away if you’ve been offered a ticket and not purchased.

So essentially golds will just be applying for everything anyway and bronze will never make up ground based on away tickets :D

What’s the actual point in giving points for away tickets then? Presumably they can’t give points for hampden games then either as essentially people that don’t get offered would’ve applied too?

Everyone has STs, so get the same points for that. It’s heading towards who can buy the most add ons to differentiate themselves as not everyone will get the option for euro aways - are they going to start giving everyone 15 for euro away games too?
Absolutely 100%,predicted as much.
MyG£rs :))

My points are on 1651, was 1800 something the other day, can't remember what exactly but looks like that's what it's updated to, I was higher than that before the end of the season, looks like only one season has been removed I think?

Absolutely 100%,predicted as much.
MyG£rs :))
They could save themselves some hassle. Don’t give people points for away tickets, take 1 point away if someone gets offered and doesn’t buy

Less admin work for their manual processes

My points are on 1651, was 1800 something the other day, can't remember what exactly but looks like that's what it's updated to, I was higher than that before the end of the season, looks like only one season has been removed I think?
Where are you seeing your points? Purchase history/points total both removed from my portal at the moment

Where are you seeing your points? Purchase history/points total both removed from my portal at the moment
I've done it on my phone, when I sign in and there's the drop down menu I click on my name and scroll down to see my points

They could save themselves some hassle. Don’t give people points for away tickets, take 1 point away if someone gets offered and doesn’t buy

Less admin work for their manual processes
I agree with you but I refused livingston in 2nd ballot as already sourced 1 and wasn't paying £7.50 recorded delivery just because folk refused in 1st ballot

Can’t see any points update.
If you go to your order history-
Away attendance 2021/22
Away Registration 2021/22
then click on red “i” button it shows “loyalty” points awarded for each.
(Actual MyGers points total not visible for some people currently)

Yeah,it has been all over the place for the last couple of days :D
I just know what I ended the season on and what it jumped to roughly the other day and what it's at now, I'm 30 points less now, not too confident of remaining in gold, but it is what it is, had my moneys worth out of it last season, got 7 aways, 2 semis and 2 finals

Had 15 points added for the away games

Hibs and Motherwell (post split 2nd ballot)

Applied for all available game

I agree with you but I refused livingston in 2nd ballot as already sourced 1 and wasn't paying £7.50 recorded delivery just because folk refused in 1st ballot
Been in the same situation, bought a st Mirren in second ballot despite having sorted a spare already

Reason I bought it is because I knew there would be repercussions for not buying it. The process is slightly counter productive as it then meant I had 2 and other members had 0, I just passed onto the bus

Been in the same situation, bought a st Mirren in second ballot despite having sorted a spare already

Reason I bought it is because I knew there would be repercussions for not buying it. The process is slightly counter productive as it then meant I had 2 and other members had 0, I just passed onto the bus
Yip but unfortunately with livingston bus gets that many and guys off bus get them you end up left with spair

My mate in bronze who didn’t apply for many andgot one away ticket(Livingston) has got the same 15 points as me added (10+5)
How do you see this?

I just managed to find mine.

I’ve received 10 points for away attendance and 5 points for away registrations.

There was 1, possibly two games I missed the deadline for and forgot to register.

Took tickets for everything I was offered

My points pre Seville were 1376.
I'm now down to 1331 ?

That's me renewing season ticket / MyGers and having cup final attendance in the bank.

Back