Naismith McLean Walker Moult...

They would have held the club to ransom with fees for the players like hearts did.
We can still get walker and McLean on free transfers in Jan, with a possible low fee to sign in Jan.
Keep the faith. Still think k our priority is LB and RB

They would have held the club to ransom with fees for the players like hearts did.
We can still get walker and McLean on free transfers in Jan, with a possible low fee to sign in Jan.
Keep the faith. Still think k our priority is LB and RB

Ah know what your saying mate but it doesn't help us this season.

I think we'd be in much better shape with the players mentioned but as I've said in every other thread on this, we're rebuilding from the ground up. We've spent about £10 million according to the press on transfer fees alone and that's probably only a third of what the Celtic squad cost to put together. We absolutely should be doing better against the SPL sides we come up against based on our spending, but if you think money is the only factor Celtic should run away with it every time.

How about we actually give Herrera and Pena a chance before we write them off, eh?

This place has a bit of a reputation for going completely mental after a poor result but the hours since the final whistle last night have been incomparable to much of what has came before.

Some of our support really do act like spoiled fucking brats.

Last edited:
With new set up including DoF I'd hope managers don't get to choose players in the future. Spending £4m on those two wasn't appropriate frankly.

How about we actually give Herrera and Pena a chance before we write them off, eh?

This place has a bit of a reputation for going completely mental after a poor result but the hours since the final whistle has been incomparable to much of what has came before.

Some of our support really do act like spoiled fucking brats.

Genuine question..

How long do you give them?

They've cost us a fortune and look like it's the first time they've kicked a ball.

Aye no bother every time Pena has came on he's nothing except give the ball away or are you watching a diffrent game to everyone else???

Like the time he gave the ball away in the Dundee net?[/QUOTE]

His first touch,passing and control of the ball is brutal I hope he can turn it around maybe give him a run of games will help but a Mexican international you would expect al lot more.

Naismith doesn't even feature in the Norwich squad today so not sure why people believe he's some sort of saviour

Could be injured of course.......
he is fine. they are pissed off with him because they thought he was off to Rangers. trying to force him out.

want him off the wage bill

Players are always better when they are not actually playing for us. This team is in its infancy.

I still think Herrera will come good but really can't see anything in Pena, loads on here rave about him but I haven't seen anything yet to suggest he will be good for us.

When Walter Smith came back, he signed Thomson, Whittaker, Naismith, Broadfoot, Webster and Gow directly from the SPL or with very recent experience of having played well in it.

Whether or not each of those signings were successful, they'd all previously played in the Scottish top flight and in that regard, they were experienced in Scottish football.

I think there's enough of a connection between Smith's signing policy and the success that came from that transfer window and the next few years after it. We've not been signing the best the SPL can offer for at least 5 years. Armstrong, Gordon and Griffiths (as better SPL players) would have previously signed for us or them - not just them. McGregor and Forrest have neutral enough names to think they might have been at Rangers in other circumstances.

Whether it's appropriate or not to say, we're never going to sign or keep the James McCarthy, Aidan McGeady or Kieran Tierney types but the other ones I've mentioned above might have had to choose between Rangers or Celtic rather than just go to Celtic in different circumstances.

Back