Naismith McLean Walker Moult...

To be honest we need to give Herrera and Pena a few starts in a row before we judge them.

20/30 minutes here and there is not enough.
Aberdeen would never have sold us McLean.
Match fitness will make a difference. But i'm concerned that Pena is a very poor passer of the ball.

As a different example, we definitely could have signed Naismith and Weiss instead of Herrera and Pena. Just sounds obvious really.
Agree with that mate and what a difference they would've made. In fact with these two firing on all cylinders I would fancy us to win next week and make a serious challenge for the title.

However we've got Peña who always looks like he's just finished a Tequila and cocaine 3 day bender.

Who can really be that sure?

Pena may turn out to be a real star.
Morelos is the most exciting signing in a decade.
Dorrans may still yet hit his best form.
Alves was considered the transfer coup of the summer.
Cardosa is young and still very much learning, but the signs are there that he can play.
Candeias has mostly been very good.
Herrera is what he is, a big target man and an option.
Jack has turned out to be as good as some said he would be.

Personally I thought we done well in the summer.
The signings are decent for the outlay.
Perhaps we just need to give it some more time, and maybe another window.

PC has us all sussed. He buys diddys, we know it, he knows it and even the diddys know it. PC blames the refs - we all buy into it. PC then gets the WE ARE THE PEOPLE banner back above the tunnel and all is good. We beat County and bottom of the table Dundee and he's Jose again. The reality is that he's just simply not good enough. He's got HIS own team now and he and the players are failing to deliver. If he's inherited players that aren't good enough then he should have got rid. He hasn't, so he's clearly happy. I'm not happy. I'm not happy losing games with half fit players when he could have bought decent proven players who know what Rangers are all about. In fact, I'm not happy - I'm sick fed up tbh. He's sammied us and the board.

We might not be and you'd start a thread saying Scottish players are shite and we should be looking abroad. It's more a mentality thing with some people rather than a specific gripe with the signing policy.

PC has us all sussed. He buys diddys, we know it, he knows it and even the diddys know it. PC blames the refs - we all buy into it. PC then gets the WE ARE THE PEOPLE banner back above the tunnel and all is good. We beat County and bottom of the table Dundee and he's Jose again. The reality is that he's just simply not good enough. He's got HIS own team now and he and the players are failing to deliver. If he's inherited players that aren't good enough then he should have got rid. He hasn't, so he's clearly happy. I'm not happy. I'm not happy losing games with half fit players when he could have bought decent proven players who know what Rangers are all about. In fact, I'm not happy - I'm sick fed up tbh. He's sammied us and the board.

He got rid of about half of the squad. There's still a huge number of Warburton signings there.

Naismith in place of Miller and Walker in place of Windass would see our 4-4-2 a lot more effective.

Horrible to think we could have had both if we pushed for them.

He got rid of about half of the squad. There's still a huge number of Warburton signings there.

Well, as I said, if he felt they were crap then he should have shunted them. He hasn't, so, imho, this is his team now.

Last edited:
We would have got those 4 for half the money we have spunked on Herra and Pena.
Guys that know what we're all about know scottish fitba and wouldn't take **** knows how long to settle in.
We would be cruising the now......
Speculation. There is no way to know how well or otherwise your scenario would play out.
I think the playing staff are of the right quality. Our tactics are not being executed well enough. 4-4-2 was a compromise between squad and management. I think Pedro allowed it because he is a pragmatic manager and accepts it's going to take longer than expected to fully implement his methods. Right now I'd happily ditch 4-4-2. It's a formation that Rangers won't be winning anything with any time soon.

Erm, Walker would have cost £1m, McLean probably more.

I don't believe for one moment that Naismith was available on a free and Louis Moult is shite.

McLean and Walker were not worth the money their clubs wanted.

Here fukin here, I'd even add Lafferty to that. How long does it take a pro-footballer to get fit, all he does is train?? And why was he unfit in the first place, he is a professional athlete.

I think Pena and Herra are in the mould of Prodan and Rozenthal.

If OP means "Original Poster" then well said OP.

Lafferty? Come on to %^*&?

He was shite for us the first time and he's certainly not improved. Get a grip man.

Stevie May looks to be a great buy, seems like his injury worries are behind him and knows all about the game uo here. Missed one not getting him in ahead of Herrera

Would you say he's a better or worse player than Boyd was ?

For all Boyds faults he scored regularly against the wee teams which is something we badly need .

Id rate moult slightly below boyd, but he'll score more goals this season in a far worse team than herrera will.

Caixinha knows more about Herera and Pena than the 4 'alternatives', it makes sense he would try and sign players familiar to him. Suggesting that Moult, Walker etc would have us storming the league is a pointless guessing game, some players have moved from other scottish clubs and done well and many others have failed.

Guys that know what we're all about know scottish fitba and wouldn't take **** knows how long to settle in.

Is this another way of saying Pedro Out?

Herrera has looked awful so far.

Happy to give the guy some time but not impressed at all from what I've seen.

For a guy so tall did he win any headers at all last night?

Yes not getting them isn't down to the manager that's the boards fault but 4 million on 2 Mexicans that have hardly played a full game between them may have put pay to that .

They would all have been on a target list approved by the board, the manager would have identified targets, the board would know that not every player would be a success never mind an instant success, folk are being extremely impatient with what is a brand new team, a brand new way of playing, the manager hasn't even implemented his own formation yet as the players haven't fully adapted yet, that tells you everything you need to know.

To be honest we need to give Herrera and Pena a few starts in a row before we judge them.

20/30 minutes here and there is not enough.
Aberdeen would never have sold us McLean.

Herrera for Miller please next week. Let's see what he can do.

Pena needs a start also so we can see what he can do over 90 minutes. If he isn't ready to play 90 minutes now then something is very wrong.

They would all have been on a target list approved by the board, the manager would have identified targets, the board would know that not every player would be a success never mind an instant success, folk are being extremely impatient with what is a brand new team, a brand new way of playing, the manager hasn't even implemented his own formation yet as the players haven't fully adapted yet, that tells you everything you need to know.

We have been playing for almost 2 months now.

I am willing to give them all time but we have no strength In depth and have signed 2 guys for 4 million that look to be a long way from first team regulars the money would have been
Better spent on , The players mentioned above.

Naismith doesn't even feature in the Norwich squad today so not sure why people believe he's some sort of saviour

Could be injured of course.......

And if we didn't have Morelos we wouldn't have got anything last night.

If we didn't have Alves and Cardoso we might not have kept a clean sheet against Hearts

Still think Pena will come good but see little from Herrera although he is a far better player than Moult.

McLean and Walker will sign for Rangers

We have been playing for almost 2 months now.

I am willing to give them all time but we have no strength In depth and have signed 2 guys for 4 million that look to be a long way from first team regulars the money would have been
Better spent on , The players mentioned above.

Again that comes down to the board, they need to prioritise if they were worried about spending that type of money they should have told him that would need to happen in the second year and not the first.

Again that comes down to the board, they need to prioritise if they were worried about spending that type of money they should have told him that would need to happen in the second year and not the first.

I agree we should have filled out the squad with players who were decent and had a pedigree at least in Europe left the big signings till next year to supplement the squad.

Not enough options not enough strength and depth especially up front or in wide areas.

Pena, I think will come good, there is something about him.

Herrera just doesn't look comfortable or make the game look easy. Doubt this guy will turn the corner.

Totally agree. Sheep wouldn't have sold to us but McLean the least needed of the 4. If it's true that Naismith wanted to come and Norwich would be up for it it's madness that he wasn't signed. Naismith in place of Miller, no brainier. We took a big gamble on the manager and he has been allowed to gamble on South American players. Madness from the board

Erm, Walker would have cost £1m, McLean probably more.

I don't believe for one moment that Naismith was available on a free and Louis Moult is shite.

McLean and Walker were not worth the money their clubs wanted.

We would have got the 2 of them for still less than what we spunked on Pena ...no brainer

Moult proved again today he can score in this league.
Naismith would have came to us for feck all and took a drop in wages.

Herrera has looked awful so far.

Happy to give the guy some time but not impressed at all from what I've seen.

For a guy so tall did he win any headers at all last night?

Bar the one effort he ran onto and tucked away into the side of the net.

How many league goals does Miller have this season - and he starts every game.

Are the people clambering after the likes of Moult and McLean the same people that were clambering after the likes of Holt and O'Halloren?

"Knowe the league"
"Know what we're about"

Got to agree with the op,with every passing game,the Pena and Herrera signings look more and more baffling.....
Maybe there is something in this cartel rumouro_O

Scottish Fitba??? God help us. In case you hadn't noticed there are no Scottish teams left in Europe!!

So if we had signed those players would Beaton have sent of that tramp that plays for Hibs and the guy that went over the ball last night?

Scottish Fitba??? God help us. In case you hadn't noticed there are no Scottish teams left in Europe!!

So if we had signed those players would Beaton have sent of that tramp that plays for Hibs and the guy that went over the ball last night?
What's that got to do with anything ??

You do realise we play in Scotland so aye these players would make a massive difference to the team.

All 3 in our team last night and we'd have on. However, we didn't get them and Aberdeen would never have done business with us anyway. Need to look forward guys, we've got what we've got until January.

Back