Nathan Patterson self isolation over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see how the SFA can ban them, given the recent history of such incidents, ie Dubai.

However, notwithstanding that, the club has to punish them, because not to do so, sends out the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

The manager will get this right, his judgement is sound.

Why the obsession with this?

A) The league is done
B) Tav will be back in three weeks
C) Balogun has shown he is an able deputy

The lad fucked up and frankly doesn't deserve to be part of the rest of this season. If he can take that on the chin and knuckle down he may have a future at the club. If not he will regret that more than anyone at the club will.

He's a Rangers player, it is not an obsession. We dont know what is in front of us. Example, Kent had an injury on Thursday, we lost roofe, Jack went off, Balogun got fuked into the advertising boards at the end on Sunday, while he's fine he could have had an injury.

He'll get his punishment, but if the gaffer wants him back in the team, I'll happily accept it.

On another note Halliday spoke about him on opengoal podcast, says his attitude is first class, would train as told, go play U-18 games if told got on with everything that was required with no moans or attitude. His view was one mistake doesn't negate all this.

He was in isolation for UTD. We have no game at the weekend. Livingston on 3rd March is the next game. They will bring down the ban hammer before that.

That’s what I meant. Ban hammer after isolation and games played during that period (ie Dundee Utd).

He's a Rangers player, it is not an obsession. We dont know what is in front of us. Example, Kent had an injury on Thursday, we lost roofe, Jack went off, Balogun got fuked into the advertising boards at the end on Sunday, while he's fine he could have had an injury.

He'll get his punishment, but if the gaffer wants him back in the team, I'll happily accept it.

On another note Halliday spoke about him on opengoal podcast, says his attitude is first class, would train as told, go play U-18 games if told got on with everything that was required with no moans or attitude. His view was one mistake doesn't negate all this.

I respectfully disagree with Halliday

At what point does a fast track tribunal become fast track? Thats the question.

No reason why a ban has to wait till isolation is over.

You are entitled to that, but if we cast him out for his 1st mistake, what kind of [Rangers] family are we?

It's a difficult one mate. Yes it's his first mistake but it's a pretty bad one. As I said, if I were Gerrard I would tell him to come back in the summer for pre season and assess things then. If he takes his punishment on the chin and knuckles down he can stay on a final warning. If he mopes and moans he can leave.

I can't see how they can ban any of the Rangers players given they are investigating Celtic's Dubai trip. Pictures were posted of Lennon and Brown with the general public but you have to ask if they were the only ones of the group doing this . I suspect not. Could you imagine the reaction if the SFA ended up banning their whole first team squad for 7 games.

There's no way that is happening after what he said last week about egos and feeling let down. They will be lucky to even see the bench again this season.

Feck being them tomorrow having that conversation with Gerrard.
If Gerrard has superior players available and doesn't select them because of how he feels on a personal level, would that be putting himself and his feelings above the progress of the club?
Would that be acceptable?
Unless management and directors have had s meeting and feel it in the best interest of the sporting side it's not such a black and white call.

It should be, there should not be a situation that he can play then get banned after that.
It’s a fact it won’t be classed as Fast Track Tribunal though.

I doubt that will be the case though, as regards playing. Given the comments about being in discussions with the SFA and the Govt I think it fair to assume that each will know what the others doing. Personal opinion - Rangers won’t use them again this season whatever the SFA do.

They went against club rules, disrespecting the club, as well as the Covid rules we're all having to abide by. The club will give them a ban to send out a message to the rest.

Clearly there should be some punishment but perhaps they'll let the club deal with it. I doubt it.

I await, with interest, to see exactly how they'll decide to deal with our wayward quintet given the utter sows arse they just made of officiating a recent fixture with one of their employees who was supposed to be isolating. Pot, kettle and black come to mind.

If Gerrard has superior players available and doesn't select them because of how he feels on a personal level, would that be putting himself and his feelings above the progress of the club?
Would that be acceptable?
Unless management and directors have had s meeting and feel it in the best interest of the sporting side it's not such a black and white call.
Well he said last week he's going with players who want to be here and there's no time for egos. It was clear what he meant by that and its clearly aimed at those players. They're season domestically is more than likely done unless the Scottish cup is restarted. They will miss out on the European stuff as punishment and rightly so they were idiots. Its upto them now to get their heads down and earn the trust of the manager, coaching staff and team mates.

He's not.
He has done well though.
He's a different type of right back to Tav and Patterson. More Craig Moore than Gary Stevens. I've mixed opinions on this, part of me thinks %^*& you SFA (we've not forgotten Willie Woodburn!), part says, we need to play him to play our system. But now that Balogun has come in and done pretty well, what does it say to the squad if Balogun is dropped for some wee naff who broke the rules. The epitome of a player (and not even a Gazza) being bigger than the club.

He's not.
He has done well though.
He definitely is at this point.

Patterson’s proved nothing, Balogun’s played there semi-regularly on a mostly international and domestic level occasionally.

I think Gerrard would have put Balogun in anyway even if Patterson was available, no way is he throwing a young player into the SPFL run in or Europa games in such a key position.

I’d argue Dubai was more serious. It may well have been a permitted trip, but it still had to be within the rules re bubbles and isolation.

The fact that their CLUB KNOWINGLY allowed players and staff to breach these conditions is a much bigger offence.
Exactly, celtc 'the club' should've been hammered with the severest sanctions for allowing the breaches of protocol while on their jolly. Our players were idiots for letting down SG but they weren't swanning around public bars mixing with randoms, like that mobs players and staff were doing. They even bought covid back with them FFS.

I find this an incredibly difficult decision on the offenders. On one hand I get the stupid mistake, silly boys take your punishment and that's a line under it.
On the other hand the are 1st team squad members. What they did was more than stupid, if they had went to training and through close contact got a few players self isolating then i think that we would all be of the same opinion. The rules aren't new and millions are dead through this horrible disease so I really do struggle to have sympathy for them. I will happily take what the club decision is though standards have to be kept, that is what separates us from the rest.

Patterson will get another chance at the club, Dapo and Zungu have little chance now and I suspect Bassey will be shipped out in the Summer.

This hard as nails, harshest punishment possible really is just an arsey stance. The players let us down, I'm all for second chances. Let them prove themselves.

It must be close and no notice of complaint or hint of a ban yet when do you think he will be cited and would you put him in the squad until he is banned if he’s banned?

I would we are short there and wouldn’t cut our nose off. After all sir Walter did that with Ferguson but guy shot of him in the summer.
How can SFA ban any player now are they going to ban the referees

Good to hear.

I genuinely didn't know his background but I take it he's from good stock?
Very much so. I’ve known his father and uncle since primary 1. Both staunch and have been very proud of the lad until now.

He has made a stupid mistake and the family are disappointed but I’m sure they’ll pull him through it and back on track.

I'm hoping the club is in dialogue with the relevant authorities regarding their intentions towards the players and what they can do in the interim.
If all is above board, and Gerrard has Patterson and Bassey on the bench on Thursday, I've no problem with that. We need cover after all, and especially where Barasic is concerned, if we get a couple of goals, I'd sub him for Bassey in case he gets a card needlessly.
On top of that, I'd like the SFA to get one of their isolation refs to drive Zungu to the airport and get him on the first plane back to whence he came, or anywhere for that matter.

If Edmundson and Jones got banned, he and the others will get banned too. Given the SFAs track record, they'll be lucky to play before the end of the season if they are treating incidents in the same exponential banning manner as they did with the aforementioned two. Maybe that only applies to Rangers players right enough.
It must do or the 7 game bans for the Dubai Deniers have been lost in the post...

Not I like the SFA to wait until the isolation period is over (and games within that period) before handing out a suspension.

Having said that, they’ll have an absolute cheek given their own shambles with their officials not isolating correctly.
This could actually work in our favour massively, they have effectively not followed their own protocols so how can they then punish us, it’s already highly questionable given the mess they made of the previous Aberdeen St Mirren and Celtics 2 cases of Bolingoli and Dubai!

The more I think of the actions of Patterson, Bassey & co, irresponsible though they were, the more I can’t help but think some Bears are simply being overly brutal in their desire to see them punished.
As with anything, the punishment has to fit the crime. So what exactly have they done when it’s all boiled down? Unless it has been an actual “party” where strangers have been present (and I’ve read nothing to suggest that it was), all we’ve had is five guys, who belong in the same work bubble, dining together, accompanied by their partners; the same partners these guys mix freely with every day and then go to work and mix with the rest of their bubble.
Crossing Gerrard will, no doubt, be bad enough for them, but I have to ask why the (ahem) authorities would see this as other than a minor misdemeanour.

I’ve also been thinking back to “Kung Fu Cantona” and the action that Alex Ferguson took at the time.
Ferguson knew what he had on his hands, and took the totally unexpected but brilliant step of making Cantona captain. I’m not suggesting for a minute that any of the five would be a future Gers captain or that Gerrard should take such a step, that would be ludicrous. But I suppose the point I’m trying to make is when everyone is taking it in turns to try and kick you, there’s no point in you kicking yourself.

Do we know the full detail? A ’gathering’ of a few people who operate within a ‘work bubble’ along with, say, wives/girlfriends/partners might be considered a little differently from a random party with a group of people you have never met before.
It was a party with random burds. Not wives/girlfriends/partners.

Sorry, but this isn’t comparable to Dubai. That was a sanctioned, but brainless trip.

This is more Jones and Edmundson, Bolongoli and the Aberdeen players.

you can debate Dubai till you’re blue in the face....what Patterson and co did was go against the rules, knowingly and willfully go against what the club would have been telling them to follow for months on end.

I don’t care about the mentally challengeds to be honest. I don’t even care about The like of Zungu tbh - he’ll be gone soon.

I want, however, a young local lad to understand that being a Rangers player carries a lot of responsibility. There are standards to be upheld - I hope they’re suitably punished and Nathan takes a lot from the experience.

It may not be comparable to the Dubai trip as a whole.

But what about this incident when their team were all in a bar.

Celtic2-1.jpeg

That is nothing to do with elite training, etc. How is that any different from what our players did, except in a different country?

You can look at the Dubai trip as a whole and then you can look at individual incidents within the trip that breached rules that were set concerning the trip (see also the gathering poolside)

This is a group of guys gathering, outside of their 'work' time in close proximity. It is not different from what our players did and they have not been punished for it.

There isolation period won’t end till Thursday assuming it started on the Sunday . We have a game then . I think gerrard will have told them to come in on Friday since no game at weekend

He's a different type of right back to Tav and Patterson. More Craig Moore than Gary Stevens. I've mixed opinions on this, part of me thinks %^*& you SFA (we've not forgotten Willie Woodburn!), part says, we need to play him to play our system. But now that Balogun has come in and done pretty well, what does it say to the squad if Balogun is dropped for some wee naff who broke the rules. The epitome of a player (and not even a Gazza) being bigger than the club.
Wee naff?
Is that how we're referring to Rangers players now?

The SFA can’t ban them for Europe mate.

I didn't say they could. But there is no chance they will be in to the squad for European games. SG lay down the law to full squad after the Jones and Edmundson debacle that Ibrox careers were on the line if there were any further lockdown breaches so hard to see any of the 5 returning less than 2 weeks later. More so when you consider we don't really need any of them, they are at best fringe players.

Well he said last week he's going with players who want to be here and there's no time for egos. It was clear what he meant by that and its clearly aimed at those players. They're season domestically is more than likely done unless the Scottish cup is restarted. They will miss out on the European stuff as punishment and rightly so they were idiots. Its upto them now to get their heads down and earn the trust of the manager, coaching staff and team mates.
So only time for Gerrards ego?
Don't see the sense in your post to be honest.

Sorry, but this isn’t comparable to Dubai. That was a sanctioned, but brainless trip.

This is more Jones and Edmundson, Bolongoli and the Aberdeen players.

you can debate Dubai till you’re blue in the face....what Patterson and co did was go against the rules, knowingly and willfully go against what the club would have been telling them to follow for months on end.

I don’t care about the mentally challengeds to be honest. I don’t even care about The like of Zungu tbh - he’ll be gone soon.

I want, however, a young local lad to understand that being a Rangers player carries a lot of responsibility. There are standards to be upheld - I hope they’re suitably punished and Nathan takes a lot from the experience.
Was sitting by the pool all within 2m of each other and other guests sanctioned? What about sitting in a bar watching the EPL all within 2m of each other?
And then one of the couches saying they had Covid breaches during the trip.

Was sitting by the pool all within 2m of each other and other guests sanctioned? What about sitting in a bar watching the EPL all within 2m of each other?
And then one of the couches saying they had Covid breaches during the trip.

Not sure which part of “I’m not interested in what the mentally challengeds did” isn’t understood.

People posting pics of them sat in a bar....which may or may not actually be from Dubai.

Doesn’t matter.

Digest the fact that our own players wilfully, knowingly breached protocols that the club would have been stressing to them for months on end.

Our manager would have been constantly on at all the players - do not %^*& up here.

But several did. For whatever reason, they didn’t think the rules applied to them. You can talk about mentally challengeds, or bans, all you like.....the clubs own disciplinary process should be draconian enough.

Patterson and co should be be being told to report for training in the summer and he won’t be featuring until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back