'Oh Glasgow Rangers' - UB new song.

It is nonsense as it has nothing to do with football or our football club.

Rangers is a football club. Not a political movement.

Believe in and follow whatever you like. Keep the songs at the football about football.
Well there you go! that’s a significant piece of West of Scotland social and cultural history re written in a few short sentences!

In most cases, until these chants are heard with a decent number of voices people should reserve judgement. They always sound better with a decent volumes, if they are shit, they will die off and if decent they will grow.

Absolutely. Some people can't help themselves though.

Same people will probably be belting it out in a few weeks as it catches on.

Absolutely. Some people can't help themselves though.

Same people will probably be belting it out in a few weeks as it catches on.
Correct. Fortunately some criticise and then come back and say 'do you know what, I got it wrong, it sounds excellent and I joined in' Others just double down :D

When I read criticism like 'shite, awful.... ' I always think to myself is it the tune, the words, both? I used to ask the question of the poster but I no longer bother. Their minds are made up. It's only the song to be a success that will prove them wrong.

Does it have an original song that the chant is based on? Always like adding obscure tunes to my Spotify when they have Rangers related lyrics.

Does it have an original song that the chant is based on? Always like adding obscure tunes to my Spotify when they have Rangers related lyrics.
You need to ask other Ultra group who used it 1st :D

I agree with your point though, it is amazing when you hear the original sometimes.

Sounds rubbish in the stadium. Sung too low for the stadium to join in, and just drones on. Mind you id rather anything than the constant uvf crap

This popped up on my Youtube feed.
What a great song. It translates roughly to, despite everything and anyone, we are still here.
Pretty much sums up Rangers and would be great for one of our musically minded to put our words to it.

What a great song. It translates roughly to, despite everything and anyone, we are still here.
Pretty much sums up Rangers and would be great for one of our musically minded to put our words to it.
That sounds class

I'm joining this discussion late but as I have been living in Germany for 24 years I don't pick up on all the latest songs and chants as quickly as I used to. I believe the tune here comes from a 1998 number 1 hit in Germany by soft punk band Die Ärzte (The Doctors) called Männer Sind Schweine (Men are pigs) - an ironic song, sung by men, about men only wanting one thing. This makes sense if the tune was copied from the singing of Ballspielverein Borussia fans. As I don't keep the company of BVB fans then I couldn't verify this. I can only confirm that this particular tune has never ever been used for a Schalke song.

Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/onwXbR2ORNs?si=xVuip-ts38USRdGt" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds great but where would the "na na na na na na na" fit and how would we get a ridiculous drumbeat added ?

Class, from the 1st time I heard the Wales fans sing it I had to find out what it was.

If someone wrote Rangers lyrics, the usual criticism would be that's too many words to remember :D a stand alone chorus wouldn't have the same impact in my opinion

We're the Rangers FC
We're the Rangers FC
And we will stand together
A strength that will not wither
Our club will be forever
We're the Rangers FC....

Class, from the 1st time I heard the Wales fans sing it I had to find out what it was.

If someone wrote Rangers lyrics, the usual criticism would be that's too many words to remember :D a stand alone chorus wouldn't have the same impact in my opinion

We're the Rangers FC
We're the Rangers FC
And we will stand together
A strength that will not wither
Our club will be forever
We're the Rangers FC....
Good start mate. We need more of our Wordsmiths to get involved :)

Reactions: WBD
Back