Only Rangers can publicly address the compromised refs situation.

Until a significant number of other clubs waken up, open their eyes & (like us) are willing to put their heads above the parapet than sadly, absolutely nothing will change.

We've tried twice & the rest have sat back & watched in silence. There's been a few recently complaining (Aberdeen spring to mind) but the time was when Park took them to task imo.

Celtc players repeatedly punching the ball in their own penalty box with no sanction, Celtc players feigning injury to ensure opponents legitimate goals or penalty claims are dismissed. It is embarrassing for Scottish football what is happening before our eyes. Only Rangers, as Scotland's biggest club, can address the issue of compromised refs which is destroying any competition in Scottish football. Before we play Celtc, it is imperative that we publicly demand an impartial referee, bring up the stream of disallowed goals against Celtc over the last few seasons, and ask why we haven't received a penalty kick at Parkhead in 14 years. This cheating cannot continue.
You need the other clubs mate as we alone, will just be accused of being bad losers. Problem is though, if other clubs were to dive in and back us up, it wouldn't be long till they were accused of anti Irish/catholic racism. Soon as that happens the conversation ends. That's the way it is now and they have exploited it to the full.

You need the other clubs mate as we alone, will just be accused of being bad losers. Problem is though, if other clubs were to dive in and back us up, it wouldn't be long till they were accused of anti Irish/catholic racism. Soon as that happens the conversation ends. That's the way it is now and they have exploited it to the full.

We need to pile pressure on refs before we play that mob again, mate.

Screwed up big time when the club called out Collum.
It focused on one guy when it should have been more - and arguably even worse culprits. It's the whole set up and the meddling of Celtic that should have been laid bare.

Screwed up big time when the club called out Collum.
It focused on one guy when it should have been more - and arguably even worse culprits. It's the whole set up and the meddling of Celtic that should have been laid bare.
Did we call out Collum? I thought we just asked for clarification of decisions made during the game ?

Did we call out Collum? I thought we just asked for clarification of decisions made during the game ?
Yes, the club requested that he should not be involved in any of our matches in early January this year.
(If that is not the case, i am happy to be corrected).

I long for the day when someone at Rangers Says fvck it and really let's rip at the Bastards
I always thought that a year or two after he left us Steven Gerard would come out and say something strongly. He saw it. He realized it. And he still has (I think) a good enough reputation that people would listen.

On the other extreme ~ would love to hear what Alfie really thinks…

Celtc players repeatedly punching the ball in their own penalty box with no sanction, Celtc players feigning injury to ensure opponents legitimate goals or penalty claims are dismissed. It is embarrassing for Scottish football what is happening before our eyes. Only Rangers, as Scotland's biggest club, can address the issue of compromised refs which is destroying any competition in Scottish football. Before we play Celtc, it is imperative that we publicly demand an impartial referee, bring up the stream of disallowed goals against Celtc over the last few seasons, and ask why we haven't received a penalty kick at Parkhead in 14 years. This cheating cannot continue.
If Aberdeen don’t speak up after that then we have no chance what so ever.

We are the club least likely to be able to do anything about refereeing standards.

If we do there will be a media onslaught and the situation is likely to get worse.

Football belongs to the clubs. Up to them to do something about it.

Is the allegation here that refererees and VAR teams are being paid to make decisions in favour of celtic?
Do people serious believe that?

If not what do you mean by 'corruption', cheating or comprimised?

Anyone else sick of the contant conspiracy threads. I do see what fuels them but it seems like there's always at least on thread about "cheating" officials on the first page of this forum.

There's obviously a debate to be had, I'm not arguing otherwise but I find the constant threads tiring.

I totally agree with you mate but we all just know they’ll be rolling out Clancy and Collum for these two games. They know what’s at stake

Haha , our board will be told to be quiet and sit back down , like they were at the collum incident.
So expect nothing from our board , which is sad as everyone can see what’s going on.
They got told to sit down because they demanded something that is against the rules. They asked for Collumn not to be involved in our games, the rules state you can't make they demands.

People want our board to come out fighting but the truth is, we don't have the right people to fight they battles. We need people on the board who can understands the politics of football and how and when to fight battles.

The reality of situation right now is that it isn't the time. If we go demanding change, they will quickly point out that it is being delivered at the end of the season in the shape of a new head of referees being appointed. How would you have the board respond to that?

I totally agree with you mate but we all just know they’ll be rolling out Clancy and Collum for these two games. They know what’s at stake

For me, its now or never where refs are concerned. Season in, season out, Celtc are being awarded 12-15 points by either weak or intimidated refs. It is costing us tens of millions of pounds in CL money. We just cannot compete against that level of cheating. Rangers must challenge the loaded dice, and no better time to start than at the upcoming game at the piggery by mentioning the stream of disallowed goals we face when playing Celtc, never mind not being awarded a penalty in 14 years at the piggery. We must lead the media narrative in the run-up to what could be a title decider. Staying silent cannot be accepted, when we get done over again.

The current PLC board at CFC needs to removed before Scottish football can heal.

They are the ones who ensured we got triple relegated to the depths of Scottish football so they could hoover up the CL cash and consolidate their wealth.

Now we are in a situation where their influence is so great that, even when they look like losing, their refereeing fraternity will pull out the stops to ensure their heroes remain on top
They only wanted us put down to the Championship so they'd only lose one season of no games against us.
They wanted us stripped of our trophies instead.
Rangers through McCoist said if it means starting at the bottom we would.
The SFL club's voted for us to start at the bottom then the SPFL was formed so celtc would have complete control of football decisions in the league.
We've tried to reform Scottish football but no one is interested least of all the bosses at the SFA or SPFL!

Why should Rangers speak on behalf of the diddies in the league?They laughed in our faces when they had their chance.I don't care about jot for them.

Why should Rangers speak on behalf of the diddies in the league?They laughed in our faces when they had their chance.I don't care about jot for them.

I'm more concerned about the cheating that will face us at the piggery on May 11th, mate. Just before we played them at Ibrox recently, the media had Beaton's previous Old Firm games " analysed " and him firmly under the microscope. They won't do that if its Clancy in charge in this upcoming game.

The SFA have confirmed their refereeing appointments for the clash with Don Robertson taking the whistle. The experienced ref will be assisted by Graeme Stewart and Steven Traynor with David Dickinson acting as Fourth Official.

Meanwhile, at Clydesdale House, Greg Aitken is on VAR with Andrew McWilliam assisting.
Robertson was the referee in Celtic’s controversial defeat at Tynecastle, where John Beaton directed him to send off Yang and award a penalty for a handball against Iwata. Hopefully, a better referring performance is to come from the officials than at Tynecastle that day. (THE CELTIC VIEW)

THE EXPERIENCED REF????????
Was he not the one who MADE those decisions - Because he was too EMBARRASSED faced with the crystal clear slow motion images to do anything else.

What else is crystal clear from the above comments is that Robertson is LOVED at the piggery -as long as he has a fellow rogue or coward to assist him.

Aberdeen suffered from the pathetic and embarrassing INSULT to VAR on Saturday - that LAST penalty incident was as pathetic as when Johnson tapped the ball out of play against us.

The Canadian Clown clearly knows if he drops like a stone in the box the FRIENDLY rogue in black will sort it out!!!! WELL you were miles too late Don and you should be stacking shelves in Tesco next week - but LUCKY you're in Scotland

Hopefully somebody is making a compilation of Celtic VAR cheats since its introduction.

AND if they do the same theirs will look more like Comedy Gold.

We should do it for us, who cares about the rest? I say this as, they are gaining an unfair advantage and Refs are either cheats or wary of making big decisions in their games due to the fall out and media attention and the abuse from Rodgers and Celtic and their support. This is what Beaton found out when he was subjected to three Celtic supporters making threats to him and sending him non stop sectarian abuse!

Last edited:
Hibs are the only club to have done something formally about the situation and held meetings and talks with the SFA, nobody else. I doubt even the bheasts can turn their concerns into anti Irish pish.

Problem being, and I include Rangers in this, is that every club has 100% self interest in the matter, they think they are the one's being hard done by. For all the moaning and grumbling on here you can bet your bottom dollar it's replicated somewhere out in the peadospeare by bheast fans who will come up with conspiracy pish against their team too. Hearts, Hibs, mutton molesters all the same too.

Hibs are the only club to have done something formally about the situation and held meetings and talks with the SFA, nobody else. I doubt even the bheasts can turn their concerns into anti Irish pish.

Problem being, and I include Rangers in this, is that every club has 100% self interest in the matter, they think they are the one's being hard done by. For all the moaning and grumbling on here you can bet your bottom dollar it's replicated somewhere out in the peadospeare by bheast fans who will come up with conspiracy pish against their team too. Hearts, Hibs, mutton molesters all the same too.
I know what your saying. I was talking to a couple of Aberdeen fans a few weeks back and they are adamant that us and them get the breaks.

What I will say, is when salmond and yousef were out for votes by visiting the Govan Arms, that was where politics came into play, involving the use of anti Irish racism. This suits celtic down to the ground and as we all know, one mention of racism and everyone, especially in politics immediately backs off.

I know what your saying. I was talking to a couple of Aberdeen fans a few weeks back and they are adamant that us and them get the breaks.

What I will say, is when salmond and yousef were out for votes by visiting the Govan Arms, that was where politics came into play, involving the use of anti Irish racism. This suits celtic down to the ground and as we all know, one mention of racism and everyone, especially in politics immediately backs off.
Yeah agree with all of that mate.

Rangers have probably the least influence of all the clubs. Not one club will ever back us when it comes to the crunch. Impossible to do it on our own we need the other 10 clubs to back us!

You may well be right.

However, we should be highlighting the officiating every week, and it is now becoming every week.

We should be fighting our battle(s) and sod the rest. Then the rest might sit up and take notice.

You may well be right.

However, we should be highlighting the officiating every week, and it is now becoming every week.

We should be fighting our battle(s) and sod the rest. Then the rest might sit up and take notice.

I'm not asking Rangers to take up the cudgel on behalf of the rest of the clubs, mate, although it would help if they did start complaining about being repeatedly done over by horrific refereeing against Celtc.

I just want Rangers to mention at press conferences leading up to this game at the piggery that we have concerns about how it will be reffed, especially with our goals being disallowed in this fixture, and us not being awarded a penalty at the piggery in 14 years. Put the ref under pressure for a change, as they always do.

Ex players who work in the media etc.should start the week before.The next game against them with comments in the papers,radio, TV.starting with we hope the league isn't decided by a bad Ref or VAR decision.start fighting fire with fire.Everyone know the ex tim players are going to start this anyway.But we should get in there 1st

When we did write to them - we were mocked from every media outlet in Scotland, making us out to be mad conspiracy theorists.

They then write to the same SFA - media silence.

If Clement had called Clancy a cheat at the same time Rodgers did with Beaton, you can guarantee he would have been made to miss the OF & would be asked about it in every press conference since. Not to mention if he called any interviewer a "good girl".

That lot get away with murder here, intimidating refs, refusing to offer us an allocation when they rejected ours.

Only funny thing about it is they actually believe there is an agenda against them.

I'm not asking Rangers to take up the cudgel on behalf of the rest of the clubs, mate, although it would help if they did start complaining about being repeatedly done over by horrific refereeing against Celtc.

I just want Rangers to mention at press conferences leading up to this game at the piggery that we have concerns about how it will be reffed, especially with our goals being disallowed in this fixture, and us not being awarded a penalty at the piggery in 14 years. Put the ref under pressure for a change, as they always do.

I'm in total agreement bud.

But there needs to be a sea change at the top of the house in this thinking, and of course the will to do this.

Even if we take getting rid of the spivs as a starting point, the evidence that is out there is overwhelming.

As I've said umpteen times to the point of boring. We should be calling these rats out every time.

As you know, you are preaching to the converted.

The only way to make any real change in the game is to get the backing of the majority of other member clubs.

Maybe we should do a charm offensive for the next season and tell Dundee Utd to let bygones be bygones, sure the fans would love that. :D
Yip, we need other clubs who are also being shafted to pipe up !

If anyone connected with Rangers calls them out, it is just put down as try to get one up on them or we'll be lumped in with them as the smaller clubs can't talk about one without the other.

Even to the point of accusations of one upmanship when voicing outrage about the biggest sporting cover up of systematic child abuse.

Other clubs have to open their eyes and see the damage the celtic brand is doing to the whole of Scottish football.

I want to see Rangers call it as we see it. If Phil is sanctioned by the SFA or SPFL, then so be it, but at least it becomes a major talking point. Scottish football has a profound problem with compromised refs where Celtc are concerned. The current situation cannot continue. That much is clear.
Unfortunately the brain washed / dead supporters of other teams lump us in with them whilst also giving it the sevco shite.

Rangers have probably the least influence of all the clubs. Not one club will ever back us when it comes to the crunch. Impossible to do it on our own we need the other 10 clubs to back us!
The other clubs were only too happy to get us demoted to give them the chance to win something.

Wonder how that wee plan worked out?

I'm in total agreement bud.

But there needs to be a sea change at the top of the house in this thinking, and of course the will to do this.

Even if we take getting rid of the spivs as a starting point, the evidence that is out there is overwhelming.

As I've said umpteen times to the point of boring. We should be calling these rats out every time.

As you know, you are preaching to the converted.

Every trick in the book will be employed by that horrible, cheating outfit when we play them at the piggery, mate, and the ref will go along with it all.

When we did write to them - we were mocked from every media outlet in Scotland, making us out to be mad conspiracy theorists.

They then write to the same SFA - media silence.

If Clement had called Clancy a cheat at the same time Rodgers did with Beaton, you can guarantee he would have been made to miss the OF & would be asked about it in every press conference since. Not to mention if he called any interviewer a "good girl".

That lot get away with murder here, intimidating refs, refusing to offer us an allocation when they rejected ours.

Only funny thing about it is they actually believe there is an agenda against them.
When?

We need to hire a KC who will ask for a meeting with the SFA and run through every law of the game and challenge each and every one.

Further we need same KC to highlight how biased the refs/linesmen/4th official are when they they are in charge of games we play in, games CFC are playing, and games we are playing each other.

While we are at it, we need the minutes of all SFA meetings, all SFA Referees meetings, all correspondence relating to matches played and reviewed by VAR and REF's committee, and finally all communications between the SPFL and SFA since the creation of the SPFL.

We then want said KC to highlight how many cases he feels we would win, whether through the civil courts, criminal courts, or Sports Court of Arbitration.

This will cost millions, but not as much as we are currently being cheated out of...

I would say it is the opposite OP. Rangers are the last ones to be taken notice of. We complained about the disgusting referring in the last game at theirs and we were told to shut up, and we wouldn’t get to hear the VAR. Then look at Aberdeen this week, they get a full premier with popcorn over their VAR query. Every other club in the country seems to get a call on the Monday morning after a controversial decision to apologise from the head of refs, we get hee haw, but “aye, but yous done this 3 years ago, so you cannae complain.”
We are playing against a loaded dice!
We did get to hear the audio but it wasn't allowed to made public

That's part of the issue that there's is no transparency on it

The other part of who's willing to be a ref its a part time gig where they can a lot of money but clancy for example will earn 2/3 times as a lawyer to what he does as a ref why would he care if he gets called out and loses the ref gig..... not that he will

We need full time refs that are fully accountable to the kpis of their role to minimise mistakes

We arent capable of doing anything on our own. Change can only happen through collaboration. The hope is Bisgrove is more politically capable behind the scenes than his predecessors. We need to be making moves and building alliances with Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc. Regardless of how 'un-staunch' it may be.

Its the only way.
Finally, some sense!

I would agree with that. EVERY supporter that uses social media must start constantly posting the gifs of their dubious decisions and questioning why Refs are terrified of them and we also should do the same with the decisions we dont get and question why Refs have made a different decison for us or why we havent got a penalty etc. Question everything!

Target sponsors and those who put money into the game would be the best way but imho they don't care enough about their product(FA not the sponsors) and havn't for many many years.

A competant adminsistrator of the likes of Campbell Ogilvie of years gone past, were sharp as a tack on rules and regs would be a massive help.

We just don't seem to have anyone of that calibre capable of legitimately
questioning process since him basically, which as with other stuff falls on the board.

I would agree with that. EVERY supporter that uses social media must start constantly posting the gifs of their dubious decisions and questioning why Refs are terrified of them and we also should do the same with the decisions we dont get and question why Refs have made a different decison for us or why we havent got a penalty etc. Question everything!
Target sponsors and those who put money into the game would be the best way but imho they don't care enough about their product(FA not the sponsors) and havn't for many many years.

A competant adminsistrator of the likes of Campbell Ogilvie of years gone past, were sharp as a tack on rules and regs would be a massive help.

We just don't seem to have anyone of that calibre capable of legitimately
questioning process since him basically, which as with other stuff falls on the board.

Report Edit

Back