Ovie Ejaria Confirmed - Welcome to Rangers!

Come on now all you need to do is take the word of a few Sunderland fans to come to the conclusion he is p1sh on here, who cares what Klopp thinks :rolleyes:

I asked a mackem, who's a season ticket holder at the Stadium of Light, about him and he didn't know who the player was :confused::D

Welcome,now show us what you can really do when you are in a team so well supported.The better you do here, the more the 4 year extension at Liverpool will be of value to you.

Good luck to the lad, let’s hope he is a definite upgrade on Nemane and Dalcio, those two were god awful and came from big clubs.
I’m positive though as SG will know more than most about him.

I simply wouldn't entertain any such loan deals, unless the player is absolutely exceptional and would be starting regardless.

I know absolutely nothing about this boy, but i'd hate to think he's starting games over another player based on anything other than merit.
Exactly. That’s the only concern. Guys don’t deliver but still get wedges into the team to keep the parent club sweet.

Looks good in the above clip. Athletic big unit with a decent touch and some tricks.

How far away does that playing environment look from the SPFL? That is going to be the challenge for the lad. Adapting.

I dont mind these kind of deals but we will need to mix it up with signings. Too many young lads like that and we will be chasing shadows. Got to get the blend of the squad right.

The one constant with our EPL loans is a really decent technique and ability to take a ball and play on the half turn - the more players like that in our midfield the better.

Seems to be essentially a 'number 8' i think ??

If Steven Gerrard thinks he is a player at number 8, then he out of anyone should be trusted on this.

Underwhelming for me. Is he really going to be one of the first names on the teamsheet? If not then what's the point? For me we should be utilising loan deals for players who we can't afford. He may also have to play X amount of games as part of the loan agreement which would be a disaster if he's not up to it and we're trying to win a title.

Underwhelming for me. Is he really going to be one of the first names on the teamsheet? If not then what's the point? For me we should be utilising loan deals for players who we can't afford. He may also have to play X amount of games as part of the loan agreement which would be a disaster if he's not up to it and we're trying to win a title.

McGregor aside it's all a bit meh for me.

The point is so we dont have to call upon players like Dorrans and Holt again, we dont have any real attacking centre mids with skill.so this guy brings a totally different set of skills to our squad.

Surely Gerrard wouldn’t agree to that, he wants to achieve success.

I have a good feeling about this boy, think he might be a revelation! The fact that Liverpool have just extended his contract for another 4 years shows what they think of him!

Very pleased about this.

I pray he hits the ground running, because if he doesn’t we’ll be getting the “don’t really get the fuss with this lad”, “Ejaria - is he better than what we had?” pish right off the bat from the usual suspects.

Good luck son. Can’t wait to see you in our team.
Correct and by the way he doesn't need to be that good to be better than what we had.

Just looking at the Liverpool Rumours site, and they are just speculating on players that may be leaving, ie Mane to Madrid, have to say it made me feel a tiny bit jealous as they knocked names about, still WATP.

He has played 10 times under Klopp for the Liverpool First Team, which included wins over Chelsea and Spurs.

Ovie Ejaria was given his competitive full debut in the 2-1 win over Spurs in the fourth round of the League Cup at Anfield last night.

His only other appearance came in the 3-0 win over Derby in the third round when he came off the bench for the final 13 minutes.

The news came much to the fans’ delight – Ejaria had greatly impressed during our pre-season tour of the USA and supporters had been desperate to see what he could offer over a full 90 minutes of competitive football.

And the former Arsenal youngster did not disappoint as he turned in an all-action display that left most fans wowed.

After Klopp spoke to the media in the post-match interviews, it seems like the German was equally impressed, saying Ovie worked “so hard” and did a “brilliant job”.

What makes you think he has not been brought to start?

What do we sign if not talented EPL prospects who have already broken through on a few occasions for the first Team.

He joined a sinking ship at Sunderland on loan in January, had a thigh injury and came back to play his best two games including hitting the winner against Champions Wolves. Some folk on here should have their comments moderated.

hopefully a good signing, seems to be highly rated, Liverpool have just given him a new long term deal as well

What players are available that we can’t afford at this stage of the window?

We will only get Davis/diouf types once squads are decided by epl teams.

The majority of your post is conjecture, ‘if he isn’t’ - we don’t know anything one way or another.

‘He may’ - your inventing your own problem to moan about, we don’t know.

We do know he’s signed and we should he get his chance we should support him.

Looks way more dynamic and happy to challenge players closely than some of the current squad and that’s a plus immediate for me

An interesting article in the Liverpool Echo about the Liverpool 'policy' for loaning players out, what they expect and how they monitor them. Long read but an interesting insight:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...w-liverpool-decide-right-destination-14440822

Liverpool have lifted the lid on the work that goes into trying to ensure they reap the rewards from sending players out on loan.

Some 11 members of Jurgen Klopp’s first-team squad are currently on loan, as well as a number of Academy youngsters and those signings who can’t get a work permit.

Julian Ward, Liverpool’s loan pathways and football partnerships manager, is responsible for finding the right destination for players and putting a structure in place to provide support and help them deliver.

“It’s my job to work with our coaching staff and sporting director to make sure we have a network of good options in place for when the younger lads are ready to go out into senior football or when fringe first-team players need competitive game time,” Ward told Liverpoolfc.com

“We need to first identify positive environments for players to go to and then make sure that when they go they are developing remotely.

“Successful loans prepare players to come back to Melwood and make a real positive impression. We want to give our young players who are ready experiences of training each day and competing with senior players to improve their physical capabilities.

“We want to give them the opportunity to play in a league where there’s expectation, where there’s pressure, where there’s media attention, all with the idea of trying to transmit their skills to perform under pressure.

“I think if we get the loan right, a player gets credibility among the coaching fraternity and in football in general. And when they come back to Liverpool, they’ll be more equipped with the demands of being a Liverpool player.”

There are three types of loans. For first-team players like Daniel Sturridge (West Brom) and Divock Origi (Wolfsburg), it’s about seeking regular game-time having fallen down the pecking order at Anfield.

Then there are youngsters like Harry Wilson (Hull City), Sheyi Ojo (Fulham) and Ovie Ejaria (Sunderland), who need a temporary spell elsewhere as a key part of their development.

The final category includes non-European Union players such as Taiwo Awoniyi (Royal Excel Mouscron), Allan Rodrigues de Souza (Apollon Limassol) and Anderson Arroyo (Mallorca), who are sent abroad to boost their hopes of landing a work permit.

“They’re all top talents within their generation,” Ward added.

“They all play for their respective national teams at under-20 level, but we know that work permit wise it’s a bit of a longer journey so we try to get them adapted to life and football in Europe and started on the process where they gain competitive experience.

“Hopefully that will increase their profile and credibility so when the time is right, we can make that work permit application and bring them back into the fold.”

Ward, who moved to Liverpool from Manchester City in 2012, works closely with Klopp, sporting director Michael Edwards and Academy director Alex Inglethorpe.

The 36-year-old from Aintree said: “We’ll go and look at what kind of opportunities there would be for those players to play, whether there’s a lot of senior players in their path or there are two or three places where they can go and stake a claim for a place in the team.

“We do that due diligence ahead of the two windows and then if Jurgen, Alex and Michael think the time is right then the options get filtered down to positive ones, the stars align and the button’s pressed and the player goes out on loan.”

They maybe out of sight, but they are not out of mind. Liverpool keep close tabs on their loan players with Ward constantly in touch with those clubs who are benefiting from their services.

“The very first week of the loan is about connecting different key contacts in the relevant departments so that the training load the player’s been exposed to prior to going out on loan can be communicated, as well as any medical issues and also development points,” he said.

“We look at areas of their game that we think ‘Okay, this is where the player is at the start of the loan, by the end of the loan we’d hope to see some progress and improvements in these three or four specific coaching areas’.

“The clips from all the players’ games are fed back to us within 24 to 48 hours and I liaise with our scouting department and coaches to make sure that we get regular live viewings of games, but also we get out to the training ground to see them working in their environment Monday to Friday.

“It’s a combination of putting good communication processes in place and planning with the coaches and the scouting department to make sure we’ve got coverage so that the players still feel connected to the club.”

An interesting article in the Liverpool Echo about the Liverpool 'policy' for loaning players out, what they expect and how they monitor them. Long read but an interesting insight:.....“It’s a combination of putting good communication processes in place and planning with the coaches and the scouting department to make sure we’ve got coverage so that the players still feel connected to the club.”

Nice read, thanks.

They've certainly got their house in order there, doing everything to ensure a smooth transition in and out of the loan team, sharing info, training plans and so. Hopefully this will augur well for the quality of the player we're getting on loan also.

Reckon this kid is going to be absolutely brilliant. Based on nothing, but Gerrard has given us no reason to doubt him yet.

I take it we are realistically looking at 3 loan players from Liverpool?

Ejaria, Wilson and Solanke?

Big lad isn't he? Hopefully gives us a bit of physicality in midfield that's been missing.

Not really a fan of these Loan deals as none to date have been any better than the young boys we already had / have. Having said that he does look to be a real step up in class! All the best big man! He will not succeed without our backing! WATP!

Not really a fan of these Loan deals as none to date have been any better than the young boys we already had / have. Having said that he does look to be a real step up in class! All the best big man! He will not succeed without our backing! WATP!
Having a differing opinion but expressing it rationally and not sounding like the fires of hell are going to open up just don't work here! You need to use words like shyte, mark-my-words, underawed and meh if this post is gonna survive. :D

He has played 10 times under Klopp for the Liverpool First Team, which included wins over Chelsea and Spurs.

Ovie Ejaria was given his competitive full debut in the 2-1 win over Spurs in the fourth round of the League Cup at Anfield last night.

His only other appearance came in the 3-0 win over Derby in the third round when he came off the bench for the final 13 minutes.

The news came much to the fans’ delight – Ejaria had greatly impressed during our pre-season tour of the USA and supporters had been desperate to see what he could offer over a full 90 minutes of competitive football.

And the former Arsenal youngster did not disappoint as he turned in an all-action display that left most fans wowed.

After Klopp spoke to the media in the post-match interviews, it seems like the German was equally impressed, saying Ovie worked “so hard” and did a “brilliant job”.

What makes you think he has not been brought to start?

What do we sign if not talented EPL prospects who have already broken through on a few occasions for the first Team.

He joined a sinking ship at Sunderland on loan in January, had a thigh injury and came back to play his best two games including hitting the winner against Champions Wolves. Some folk on here should have their comments moderated.

The reaction is bizarre, and solely based on his time at Sunderland and ignoring everything else in his career. He’s been far closer to the 1st team than Harry Wilson, yet to see some folks reaction you’d think one was a diddy and the other a superstar when the truth is that they’ve had similar career paths, only difference being Wilsons successful loan period at Hull.

Never mind what Jurgen Klopp thinks of him. How dare we loan a 20 year old who's only played 10 times for the Champions League finalists. I've no even seen him on Match of the Day, so I'm underwhelmed.

Also looking forward to his first poor game and the subsequent thread titled "Big Ovara"

The reaction is bizarre, and solely based on his time at Sunderland and ignoring everything else in his career. He’s been far closer to the 1st team than Harry Wilson, yet to see some folks reaction you’d think one was a diddy and the other a superstar when the truth is that they’ve had similar career paths, only difference being Wilsons successful loan period at Hull.

You do not get 10 games under Klopp and a new deal if you are terrible. Mackem's got him in January on loan as their big signing, cause he wasn't instant Ronaldo they turned on him, he was carrying a thigh injury and when he did shake it off and came back for the last two games looked their best player.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, look forward to seeing him play for the Ranger's a fair bit of hype around this young man.

Looks to be a skilful player in the clip.
He's a young lad so we can't expect mom performances every week.
Lets trust the mgr and hope this is another piece of the jigsaw.

Back