Ovie Ejaria Confirmed - Welcome to Rangers!

I'm not going to be all all ho-hum because I know nothing of him , but I wouldn't read too much into the new contract thing.

Even reserve players go for a couple million down there and from following Spurs I know we always keep our kids on long deals if there's even a chance they'll be worth some sort of fee in the future ( like the 2 young lads that have moved to Germany for 7 figure fees without ever appearing on a 1st team subs bench)

We need squad players anyway , Holt etc aren't good enough so hopefully this will be a step up from them. I doubt he coming to walk into the first XI on the back of a unremarkable loan in the Championship.

Not sure what I think of this, was the same with Goss and was pleasantly suprised.

Hope he does well

welcome wee man

Signed a 4 year extension to his Liverpool contract before the loan move was agreed, so that shows you how highly Liverpool rate the lad.
I just hope this isn't going to the way of things to come,where by we're turning ourselves into a feeder club. Hope we actually start buying more players. Are the going to put 100 per cent in or are they going to tread carefully,I'm quite sure SG won't want that,but you do wonder.

I just hope this isn't going to the way of things to come,where by we're turning ourselves into a feeder club. Hope we actually start buying more players. Are the going to put 100 per cent in or are they going to tread carefully,I'm quite sure SG won't want that,but you do wonder.

Any youngster going out on loan needs to put in 100% at their loan club or they won't play, and if they don't play they can't impress their parent club's manager.

As much as I understand folks concerns about bringing in loans, there needs to be a realisation that it allows us to bring in players that we otherwise can't afford. Gerrard isn't just taking a punt here, he knows this lads capabilities very well. Do you think our new manager is the kind of guy to bring in a slacker of a player to his first ever senior management role? I think quite the opposite.

I personally like the idea of Gerrard using his Liverpool status to allow us to bring in two or three (hopefully) quality young players from them. I look at it as a bonus for us.

At the END of the window if we've signed more loan players than permanent transfers then I could see the point in not being too pleased about it but I very much doubt that'll be the case. The transfer window isn't even opened yet officially, long way to go. Make your judgement when it closes

Last edited:
Welcome Ovie to The Rangers. You might play for better teams in the future but you'll never play for a greater Club. Give it your all and you'll get back much more.

You mean like Murphy, Arfield, Greegsy and Goldson before this 1 loan.

Aye, see you're point about us becoming a feeder club.

The Sunderland fan in our English office said to me that Ejaria was one of only 5 players he'd have kept. Big, strong, athletic good touch, likes to take people on was his description. Sounds promising

Big, strong, fast and skilful, like a cut price Pogba.

My mate’s a Liverpool obsessive and really rates him.

Here’s hoping.

03b96ebc34d107f3f38c7272c8601119.png

Charlie Gilmour is at Arsenal but he's played with Ovie

The Sunderland fan in our English office said to me that Ejaria was one of only 5 players he'd have kept. Big, strong, athletic good touch, likes to take people on was his description. Sounds promising
Taking a man on is something we've lacked for far too long
Before Murphy only Tav & Niko seemed capable of this - now hopefully with Ovie as well - we'll be better in this department

Looks a decent big strong technical player that hopefuly brings back an attacking dynamic to our midfeild. Pleased about this singing.

Welcome Ovie.

Until we were linked with him I'd never heard of Ovie Ejaria, however I do work with a Liverpool fanatic. Apparently he is very highly rated by Liverpool, the 4 year contract extension would suggest this to be true, and they expect him to become a first team regular in the near future.
My colleague is convinced that Ejaria will be a standout at Rangers and believes he'll be one of the top players in the SPL (OK I'm aware he's basing that on his perception of how bad our standard is). Apparently he is strong, has pace, is a ball winner, has a good passing range and has pretty good close control. It appears his downside is he can be caught dallying on the ball, he can try to beat one opponent too many and his shooting accuracy isn't great.
I know we've been disappointed with so called "super kids" before, but I'm getting a good feel about this loan. He's played a few games for LFC first team, did well/OK/badly (depending who you believe) in a poor Sunderland side and was part of the England U20 world cup winning squad. My money's on Gerrard having called this right.
Welcome aboard Ovie Ejaria, make yourself a hero.

Has there ever been a Rangers player whose first and second names combined only has 3 consonants?

Countdown Loyal

PS welcome young man to the club that IS Scottish football. Put in the effort, play to your potential, and you will never have experienced the worship you will receive.

Last edited:
Working down in hull at the moment,and got talking to some Sunderland lads and they rate this lad very highly. They were pretty jealous that we were getting him.

The point is so we dont have to call upon players like Dorrans and Holt again, we dont have any real attacking centre mids with skill.so this guy brings a totally different set of skills to our squad.

I just don't see the point of developing another clubs players because he's slightly less shite than Dorrans. We might as well bleed one of our own youngsters in.

What makes you think he has not been brought to start?

What do we sign if not talented EPL prospects who have already broken through on a few occasions for the first Team.

He joined a sinking ship at Sunderland on loan in January, had a thigh injury and came back to play his best two games including hitting the winner against Champions Wolves. Some folk on here should have their comments moderated.

If he's starting every game then we're in serious trouble. He's either going to have to be outstanding, (there's little evidence to suggest he is, and I wouldn't expect him to be at his age) or he's going to need a lot of help around about him.

What players are available that we can’t afford at this stage of the window?

We will only get Davis/diouf types once squads are decided by epl teams.

The majority of your post is conjecture, ‘if he isn’t’ - we don’t know anything one way or another.

‘He may’ - your inventing your own problem to moan about, we don’t know.

We do know he’s signed and we should he get his chance we should support him.

Looks way more dynamic and happy to challenge players closely than some of the current squad and that’s a plus immediate for me

Because I've seen this movie before, many times. Very few young prospects have came up to us and made much of an impact. Again, they need to be a truly outstanding talent or they will need excellent, experienced players beside them. I suspect he is up to supplement the squad, which to me is absolutely pointless.

A new four year deal suggest, the team who just played in the CL Final expect him to be a contributor in a short period of time. That can only be a positive for us.

The environment of the situation at Sunderland must be taken into account. A young boy being expected to shine in a survival situation where Sunderland were looking to grind out points to survive can be tough.

I just don't see the point of developing another clubs players because he's slightly less shite than Dorrans. We might as well bleed one of our own youngsters in.

If he's starting every game then we're in serious trouble. He's either going to have to be outstanding, (there's little evidence to suggest he is, and I wouldn't expect him to be at his age) or he's going to need a lot of help around about him.

Because I've seen this movie before, many times. Very few young prospects have came up to us and made much of an impact. Again, they need to be a truly outstanding talent or they will need excellent, experienced players beside them. I suspect he is up to supplement the squad, which to me is absolutely pointless.

Looks at the impact Gudetti, Denayer and Roberts had for them EPL works in progress at the time but found it easy up here. All about 55. Rather Stevie spent £15-20M on 4 or 5 class players with some loans like this than spread the same budget over 10 lesser quality players.

I think this lad will be a really good player for us. Only watched a little of him, but he's strong, good feet, quick with a few tricks. If he can learn when to let go and pick the final ball and get some consistency he will be a star for us.

Hopefully some more experienced quality players to come in too.

It was blatantly obvious that Englands under-21s are light years ahead of our best youngsters watching the game last night, we probably couldn't afford any of the squad as their clubs would want a fortune simply for the potential they have.

Will do our young players no harm having a higher level of player from the same age group to work with up close and see the level they need to get to.

Relatively low risk move all round.

It'll be interesting to see how he adapts to life at Rangers which is a different animal from anything he will have experienced.

Back