Permanent deal for Cortes

I understand people being wary, that's absolutely justified.

But this might be our best chance of signing a player who looked very promising, and I have no doubt we'll at least be aware if the potential for the injury having a lasting effect exists.

There's no guarantee he'll want to sign after another loan deal, even though he seems to be amenable just now. For all we know, there's an element of "now or potentially never" about it.
I think that’s irrelevant now.

Player availability is a top level priority.

Deal edging closer and could be done in next few days, reported by Rangers Review. Original story coming from Colombian press.

Hopefully we get a 6 ~ 12 month later and deal with an option to buy.

We need to know that he's fully recovered and match ready before we commit

Like others I feel another loan would be the best option. If we had to buy I wouldn't be going over 2.5m, would be worth a risk at that. The guy showed what he could do but not for a long enough period to really judge properly.

Signing a guy whose coming back from the worst grade of hamstring injury on a permanent deal is one of the most Rangers things ever.

Do you not think we should sign him?

At his age he should be able to make a full recovery. Seamed a bit of a freak injury.

Another year loan with option to buy would be ideal.

Not sure on the haven’t seen enough of him argument, surely having been at the club we have had more of an opportunity to assess him than any other player out there.

I was impressed with Cortes in his few appearances. Just hope it's not one of these recurring injuries that some players seem to get these days.

Surprised it's not a loan..... Will be a few on here moaning because we have purchased another injured player. He did show promise however ...

Maybe it was a cut price deal?
Put it this way, if he misses the start of pre season fans will have a right to moan given our track record.

You have to believe the club is aware that the injury isn’t likely to keep him out that long, or we have negotiated a lower fee as a result.

I liked the look of him and it was a real shame he got injured at Rugby Park, he could be an absolute game changer. Direct, pacy and an eye for a shot.

I’ve seen enough of him to say without the injury concerns I’d really push to get a deal done. For 20, his power, pace control of the ball was exceptional.

However we need to make sure the injury isn’t long lasting

From what I saw of Danilo, he isn’t the long term answer and misses as many chances as Danilo but seemed to avoid mass criticism

It's a small sample size so far but he looks like a striker who will score nice goals without being lethal. Hopefully a proper run dispels this notion.

I'm probably echoing most posters on the thread by saying I liked the look of him but the injury is a concern obviously.
The one thing I think PC and his staff will absolutely change is the fitness and recovery of the players. He's had some thinly veiled jibes at previous managers/staff about the lack of recovery and fitness so I expect that this is an area he will concentrate on. Once he's had his own pre-season etc. i expect that the culture within the playing group will change considerably to their fitness and recovery.

Danilo is another in a long line of Rangers players who’ve become better when not playing!
You’re right that is normally what happens with our injured players.

In this case I don’t think the majority are overreacting on Danilo, I think it’s more that he’d have been an actual alternative to Dessers. I don’t think either of them is a first choice number 9, but Danilo is better than Dessers.

You’re right that is normally what happens with our injured players.

In this case I don’t think the majority are overreacting on Danilo, I think it’s more that he’d have been an actual alternative to Dessers. I don’t think either of them is a first choice number 9, but Danilo is better than Dessers.

Think it’s fair to say the jury remains out on Danilo. He is quick, mobile and clearly not afraid of the physical aspects of the game. However he was missing sitters way worse than Dessers on a regular basis before his injuries.

Reactions: TPP
Back