Point your fingers at the board, not the manager...

What have I tried to defend? Does it annoy you that I'm not pissing my pants that we were held to a draw?

It doesn't annoy me, I just don't understand how you think a draw was acceptable.

A bottom of the table team, on one point, reduced to ten men and now on two points.

But hey ho, each to their own.

Pedro should have gone after Progres because it set us up for the situation that we have now; a manager working with a raft of new signings with no margin for error, no manager can manage under that pressure let alone manage us.

It was a stick or twist moment for me and the board bottled it, I do wonder if the Pena/Herrera deals hadn’t just been finalised whether they might have pulled the trigger.

For a club that is trying to rebuild the huge swings in attitude we are seeing game to game is entirely unhelpful, it’s absolutely hysterical either way.

I haven’t entirely written off Pedro as a total dud personally but I set my expectations based on the reality and I can hear and see that he has little support.

A new manager that would arrive with a fresh tank of ‘good will’ is a necessity given that dropping more points in the short term is almost a certainty.

How many of us are on this forum compared to who go to games at Ibrox or away ?.

If we have a membership of say 2000 and some don't go to any games but come to air their views there still over 40k that don't contribute to this forum so we don't know what their views are.

It doesn't annoy me, I just don't understand how you think a draw was acceptable.

A bottom of the table team, on one point, reduced to ten men and now on two points.

But hey ho, each to their own.

I haven't said it was acceptable, I just don't see the point in pissing the bed over dropped points 6 games into a season. When the manager has had one transfer window and the team is still gelling.

I hope Pedro is given the time but us as fans are not known for patience.

Last edited:
The fresh tank of goodwill with a new manager wouldn't last if we drew or lost the first few games. We have the most fickle support in the world who love nothing better than to moan, swing wildly with opinions and are quick to jump in with the "told you so" attitude when it comes to it
Totally agree with you. We can't keep changing the manager after some bad results. Look at what he was left with. The club needs stability over a period of time before we get back to our best.

Not for me.

Saved Swansea from relegation after Laudrup almost sent them down - fair enough.

Following season 9th or 10th in the EPL - fair enough.

Following season sacked after one of Swanseas most disastrous runs ever (worse then Laudrups from memory).

Then quit Leeds for no apparent reason - still hasn't said why. Literally walked out.

Now at Middlesbourgh, played 8, 4 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

He's achieved nothing of note. Add to that (and someone on here will know for sure) he is probably working with a far bigger budget than he would have with us.

We need to get away from the Warburtons and Pedros and appoint a manager with a proven track record.

Easier said than done, I admit - but...
I'd take Big Sam in the short term should Pedro go if we don't improve

I'd take Big Sam in the short term should Pedro go if we don't improve

Sam wouldn't get out of bed for less than 2 million a year and would most likely demand an open chequebook - something he wouldn't get.

Didn't he demand a minimum of 20 million in funding at West Ham before signing and an allowed overspend of 10-15 million?

I do think Pedro will go,if we get gubbed next week.
Then it's over to DK, I think Gilligan and Murray,wanted The Snake,Park and Robertson wanted Pedro,so I'm assuming the next appointment will be mostly down to Dave King,which is why I'm sure it will be McInnes.

I haven't said it was acceptable, I just don't see the point in pissing the bed over dropped points 6 games into a season. When the manager has had one transfer window and the team is still gelling.

I hope Pedro is given the time but us as fans are not know for patience.
Nope, that's for sure!
We could have Mourinho as Manager with Conte and Guardiola as his assistants and I'd bet my bottom dollar that even they couldn't turn us into title contenders overnight (unless of course they were given a couple of hundred million to spend).
Pedro's getting us there, so let's give the histrionics a miss and get behind the guy....and The Board for having the foresight to put him there!

Then it's over to DK, I think Gilligan and Murray,wanted The Snake,Park and Robertson wanted Pedro,so I'm assuming the next appointment will be mostly down to Dave King,which is why I'm sure it will be McInnes.
Not a chance in Hell will that happen.....much as you might want it to!

With regards to the daily running of the club we are, in my honest opinion, understaffed and lacking in seriously impressive professionals.

The man from Motherwell FC Mr Robertson, on the face of it, is criminally out his depth.

Just for clarity,where do you think we are understaffed in the club?
I also think it is extremely disrespectful to call Stewart Robertson ' The man from Motherwell'
In my honest opinion,he is an extremely hard working individual and quite experienced in the world of the SPFL (SPL )
also a Rangers supporter all his life

is the manager not on a yearly rolling contract?

Who is the snake ?

We have a good manager who is by all accounts well qualified academically and who clearly understands our Club and its
aspirations. Supported by a Board financially. Whatever happened to supporting our Team?

The manager made comments that the likes of Pena & Herrera will. Red time to adapt, they are not used to playing on a surface that is "wet all the time"..... what did he expect in Scotland FFS..... the two "big Mexican transfers" haven't start d a game together yet....

He said that he would be signing players that he "trusted, players that he knew were men".... if they are the best he can judge......

Oh and let's blame the board...... they were the ones that made the decision to appoint him..... Was he honestly the "best" candidate for the job?

Just for clarity,where do you think we are understaffed in the club?
I also think it is extremely disrespectful to call Stewart Robertson ' The man from Motherwell'
In my honest opinion,he is an extremely hard working individual and quite experienced in the world of the SPFL (SPL )
also a Rangers supporter all his life

is the manager not on a yearly rolling contract?

Three year contract:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/caixinha-confirmed-manager/

This was the same Stewart Robertson who claimed:

Then subsequently headhunted an unknown, sitting fifth in the Qatari league and who has achieved absolutely nothing of note (in the bigger scheme of things).

He really should be justifying his appointment of Pedro if it fails to work out.

Another strange one was the appointment of a manager before a DoF.

Being a lifelong Rangers supporter doesn't excuse him from criticism if Pedro fails.

I may be in the minority but I don't believe he should have left after the European exit. That game really was fine margins. We hit the bar twice in the last 5 mins. And yes I do know we should still have enough to beat a team like that. But he still deserved time to bed him own team in.

Now is when I am starting to get anxious. Too many dropped points already for the money spent. For me, Pedro's future lies with this game on Saturday. We need a performance against them, we need a win. If we get horsed, on paper he must have had the worst results in recent memory as a Rangers manager. Aberdeen winning at Ibrox, that horrendous match at Ibrox against the scum, Hibs at Ibrox this season, the European result. If he adds one more embarrassment, that has to be it.

Back