Point your fingers at the board, not the manager...

Can we not point the fingers at the Players instead, notably all the ones playing in defence last night

Jeezo.....no patience.

How much time do we give him? He's more mouth than the team has balls if you'll pardon the expression.

We should be rattling Thistle.

I'm not slating him but the paper talk is cringeworthy.

Do it on the park. Talk is cheap.

The Board saved our club and deserve the goodwill

Exactly. We wouldn't have a club to support without them.

Finding the correct manager is tough & virtually requires a crystal ball to get it right. They thought they may have found a diamond in the rough so they took a chance (plus we were not exactly awash with loads of candidates).

The main criticism is why the board thought bowing to pressure (presumably from Pedro) and giving him a 3yr deal rather than a 1yr rolling to come to us was a good idea.

The other criticism may come, if we either stick with Pedro far too long (perhaps already past this point albeit justifiable after backing him in the transfer market) or we get shot of him & do not have any funds to secure & then back a new manager

There's no way after backing him with the thick wedge of £10m they were ever going to bin him after one admittedly disastrous result.

I agree he probably should have been, but the damage was done when he was appointed originally.

It was too much of a gamble after Warburton and it doesn't look like it's going to pay off.

Nothing gets done without board approval.

They should have seen this situation coming, everyone called it pre-season that he basically had to win every game up to Celtic.
Treating PC like a kid and absolving him of all responsibility is ridiculous. He's on a handsome wage and doing a bad job no matter how likeable he is.

We must finish at least 2nd in the league this season. Being behind Celtc is never acceptable as such, but right now it is understandable. If we can trim the points gap by a significant margin on last season, Pedro should stay.

He needs at least the season - and by that I don't mean the autumn.

So, he must trim the points gap and finish 2nd, but has to be given the whole season before any decision can be made?

Here's an hypothetical scenario for you then. We're pumped by 3 or 4 goals next week, lose to The Sheep and more or less stumble on as we have been, the occasional decent showing against bottom half sides, but still too many dropped points along the way to the extent that by Xmas we're more or less in the same position we were last year - 3rd and miles behind the Yahoos.

At that point is it STILL give him the season, or are we actively looking for a replacement?

I just can't fathom this 'he needs until May' line - he'll only get that if he shows clear signs of progression.

That's how it works almost everywhere.

So, he must trim the points gap and finish 2nd, but has to be given the whole season before any decision can be made?

Here's an hypothetical scenario for you then. We're pumped by 3 or 4 goals next week, lose to The Sheep and more or less stumble on as we have been, the occasional decent showing against bottom half sides, but still too many dropped points along the way to the extent that by Xmas we're more or less in the same position we were last year - 3rd and miles behind the Yahoos.

At that point is it STILL give him the season, or are we actively looking for a replacement?

I just can't fathom this 'he needs until May' line - he'll only get that if he shows clear signs of progression.

That's how it works almost everywhere.

If we get a reputation as a club which chops and changes a manager every six months when the going gets tough, what effect do you think that would have on the calibre of manager we could attract?

His appointment remains the most baffling, head-scratching and dangerous appointment in our history.
My memory is not the greatest but here goes.I read an article recently about Pedro and what he done in Mexico.It was basically saying he had won everything there with a much smaller budget and that is what we're trying to do(with them).My point is maybe this was the thinking behind his appointment.

After the MW disaster I said time and time again that it was of great importance for us to get the next manager right. The club was taking its time when finding a replacement which made me think that serious effort and focus was being put into the recruitment process.

Yes I was underwhelmed when Pedro was announced because I had no clue who he was or what his managerial credentials were. Brutally honest assessment is that he HAS made an improvement to the first team but going by results and performances that improvement is on par with his managerial ability. We are still well off the mark and we need someone in who understands the British game.

We needed a rogers, and by that not some bitter tranny pumping perma tanned balloon, but an EPL standard manager who has proven experience of the British game.

Where do we go now. Well we've committed millions to our manager and he must be given a chance but if he turns out to be another PLG or dare I say it another MW, then we are totally f*cked and will have to rebuild from scratch for a 3rd time! Do we then have the resources and time to rebuild again and stop 10iar? IMO not a f*ckin chance and blame must be left squarely at the doorstep of the Rangers board.

The board had a chance to think the MW replacement through with time and consideration, imo they've been mugged off by a guy who talks a good game and who has good contacts.

Most embarrassing european result in Scottish footballing history followed by 7 points dropped in 6 games is not pretty reading. PC needs to turn a corner and fate has it it needs to be against the filth at home. Huge game that we must win, for his sake!

His appointment remains the most baffling, head-scratching and dangerous appointment in our history.

A manager of the highest calibre we were told. I would love to know it was as it sure wasn't Pedro.

Robertson and Park should be explaining why they headhunted a complete unknown (who has achieved virtually nothing in the bigger scheme of things) and who was sitting sixth in the Qatari league.

...and just to rub salt into the wound - Park and Robertson saw fit to give him a three year contract.

His employment record makes woeful reading and it's now glaringly obvious why his average time at any club is approx fifteen months.

A dud.

If we get a reputation as a club which chops and changes a manager every six months when the going gets tough, what effect do you think that would have on the calibre of manager we could attract?

But if we don't finish a closer 2nd to the Yahoos this term we're binning him anyway, right?

So, jettisoning managers after 6 months because they were incapable of delivering an acceptable standard of results is bad, but giving them just 12 months is okay?

Personally I think it's academic anyway because if Pedro can't cut it we'll turn to McInnes and somehow I doubt he'd reject the opportunity to manage us simply because his two immediate predecessors failed to pass muster.

The same arguments were heard last season with Warburton - he needs to be given the season - he wasn't.

It will be the same with Pedro unless he produces a distinct upward trajectory in results and performances.

Last edited:
you have to laugh at all you lot above, until last night he was "finally getting things right" and "the team is gelling" comments of some hope and positivity, and one draw and we are back to doom and gloom.
Will be interesting to see what you all say if we actually do well against the dhims..will you change your mind again?
Great post. He's either a genius or a total dud.
Let's bin him, get a new guy and then bin him after 3 months as well

After Progres, the knives would be firmly back in the drawer if we had hit the ground running early in the league. We aren't and haven't. Surely to %^*& the board sees this?

With regards to the daily running of the club we are, in my honest opinion, understaffed and lacking in seriously impressive professionals.

The man from Motherwell FC Mr Robertson, on the face of it, is criminally out his depth.

Do you have any idea what he does or doesn't do on a daily basis?
If not, how can you possibly say he's criminally out of his depth?

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I'd say you haven't got the slightest idea about whether Robertson is good or not at his job and your post is sensationalist rubbish.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I'd say you haven't got the slightest idea about whether Robertson is good or not at his job and your post is sensationalist rubbish.

He did claim:

Then subsequently headhunted an unknown, sitting fifth in the Qatari league and who has achieved absolutely nothing of note (in the bigger scheme of things).

He really should be justifying his appointment of Pedro if it fails to work out.

Another strange one was the appointment of a manager before a DoF.

Last edited:
Alex Ferguson took a few years to win the title in England. and if the board at man utd sacked him would they have won the leagues and cups they did. I hear fans say we should get Derek Mcinnes or somebody else. so how long would Derek Mcinnes or whoever get if the results did not improve. I do not know if it will work for Pedro or not unlike some on here. I hope it does not for Pedro but for the club and the fans. because I support the club and not mangers or players or the board.

Last edited:
Alex Ferguson took a few years to win the title in England. and if the board at man utd sacked him would they have won the leagues and cups they did. I hear fans say we should get Derek Mcinnes or somebody else. so how long would Derek Mcinnes or whoever get if the results did not improve.

Let's be honest, Sir Alex Ferguson is a one-off.

The post that the guy made (Albertz Was King) was spot on and not sensationalist rubbish at all.

We can talk about who's at fault but at the end of the day it's about results and simply they aren't good enough for Rangers his record is shocking,how long do we give him?

The appointment was made at a time when we still had Ashley involved and our revenue streams were diminished due to retail deal and no European revenue. I think we took a gamble on a cheaper option at the time.

Since then we are in a slightly better financial position with Ashley gone but retail volumes are not there yet due to supply of kit and branded goods. We should have Spfl prize money in time for next season and hopefully a better run in Europe next year to add additional revenues. Also we hope for a successful AGM in November to permit additional investment in the club via a share issue.

Next season we should be in a better financial place as we claw our way back out of the hole we were in.

In the meantime we have invested funds to back the manager - doubling down on the decision to appoint him by bringing in his own players and jettisoning Warburtin's duds.

I think we will stick with Pedro for the season and hope he can get the team to gel and start to perform. By next summer if Pedro is not the man to take us forward then we are ina better position to make a change. If we are able to get the kit launch, sponsorships, share issue etc all sorted then this would be the time to push the boat out for a higher pedigree manager and he would come in to a better squad than Pedro did and should hopefully have backing from the board to bring in a higher level of quality again.

I hope Pedro can be successful. He seems a nice guy and is passionate about the club and has a strong belief in his methods. But the press have it in for him and if results don't improve significantly he will be gone by the end of the season.

We need to hear from Mr King on the direction of the club, what our ambitions are and how we will bring the glory days back. Hopefully once this Takeover Panel issue is resolved then we can have a positive AGM with plans shared for getting us back to a level that allows us to seriously challenge for the league and make a decent showing in Europe.

The board have most of the fans onside but we need to develop a plan to narrow the gap.

We can talk about who's at fault but at the end of the day it's about results and simply they aren't good enough for Rangers his record is shocking,how long do we give him?
If it's a result next week against the filth similar to that pish last April, then the board/DOF should be actively seeking a replacement.

Alex Ferguson took a few years to win the title in England. and if the board at man utd sacked him would they have won the leagues and cups they did. I hear fans say we should get Derek Mcinnes or somebody else. so how long would Derek Mcinnes or whoever get if the results did not improve. I do not know if it will work for Pedro or not unlike some on here. I hope it does not for Pedro but for the club and the fans. because I support the club and not mangers or players or the board.

Fergie has won the league with Aberdeen and a European trophy, he was a quality manager.

Pedro has won %^*& all of note and has never managed a European team of any level.

A crazy comparison.

The appointment was made at a time when we still had Ashley involved and our revenue streams were diminished due to retail deal and no European revenue. I think we took a gamble on a cheaper option at the time.

Since then we are in a slightly better financial position with Ashley gone but retail volumes are not there yet due to supply of kit and branded goods. We should have Spfl prize money in time for next season and hopefully a better run in Europe next year to add additional revenues. Also we hope for a successful AGM in November to permit additional investment in the club via a share issue.

Next season we should be in a better financial place as we claw our way back out of the hole we were in.

In the meantime we have invested funds to back the manager - doubling down on the decision to appoint him by bringing in his own players and jettisoning Warburtin's duds.

I think we will stick with Pedro for the season and hope he can get the team to gel and start to perform. By next summer if Pedro is not the man to take us forward then we are ina better position to make a change. If we are able to get the kit launch, sponsorships, share issue etc all sorted then this would be the time to push the boat out for a higher pedigree manager and he would come in to a better squad than Pedro did and should hopefully have backing from the board to bring in a higher level of quality again.

I hope Pedro can be successful. He seems a nice guy and is passionate about the club and has a strong belief in his methods. But the press have it in for him and if results don't improve significantly he will be gone by the end of the season.

We need to hear from Mr King on the direction of the club, what our ambitions are and how we will bring the glory days back. Hopefully once this Takeover Panel issue is resolved then we can have a positive AGM with plans shared for getting us back to a level that allows us to seriously challenge for the league and make a decent showing in Europe.

The board have most of the fans onside but we need to develop a plan to narrow the gap.

Great post.

If we go out the cup and take a tanking against the tims then his time is up.

It's his signings that will cost him the job, and god knows how we'll get rid of some of the wasters he's brought in.

The post that the guy made (Albertz Was King) was spot on and not sensationalist rubbish at all.

OK then, the floor's yours.
You obviously have an insight into what Robertson does or doesn't do on a daily basis, so please provide examples of how he's criminally out of his depth...

If you can't do this, then I'd say you also haven't got the slightest idea about whether Robertson is good or not at his job.

OK then, the floor's yours.
You obviously have an insight into what Robertson does or doesn't do on a daily basis, so please provide examples of how he's criminally out of his depth...

If you can't do this, then I'd say you also haven't got the slightest idea about whether Robertson is good or not at his job.
I don't think the board are doing a bad job but part of their job is forward planning and they surely must have seen the impossible task the manager faced after Progres?

No goodwill left with the fans with a team full of new signings, some of which still aren't in a condition to play.

This Rangers team will continue to drop points like last night, whether you or I like aspects of Pedro's management nobody can manage without being allowed to make the odd mistake and that is the situation he's found himself in.

Should have never been appointed the person appointing managers has messed up twice now would have Been better leaving Graham Murty in charge

This Rangers team will continue to drop points like last night, whether you or I like aspects of Pedro's management nobody can manage without being allowed to make the odd mistake and that is the situation he's found himself in.

I dread to think what it's going to be like next week if we're on the end of another thrashing.

I know this is stating the obvious, he could really, really use a win next week like never before.

I dread to think what it's going to be like next week if we're on the end of another thrashing.

I know this is stating the obvious, he could really, really use a win next week like never before.

An OF win would buy him a bit of time but would you bet against us going to Hamilton on the Friday and having a rerun of last night?

Some common sense above. It's not as good as we all want but the problem is the quality of the players we can afford not the manager I don't believe. We had to bring in a raft of players at relatively low cost in comparison to what Celtic have been able to spend in the recent past. Some look good acquisitions, Morelos, Jack the standouts, Dorrans, Candeias blow hot and cold. Some like Herrera, Pena the jury is very much out, and some like Dalcio are simply not good enough.

This is always the case signing players, Souness, Smith, McLeish, even Advocaat signed some right duds.

We need get the heads down work hard and try and do whatever it takes to get over the line. Some we will not manage to achieve, like last night, because the quality is not quite there. Sacking the manager is not going to help that. I'm pretty sure Pedro will know already what has worked and what hasn't and where his attention needs to be in the January transfer window.

A very good post, the level of player we can bring in, has had a big impact on our form an ultimately our current league position. My criticism of Pedro is with his midfield selection - Dorrans needs to be played further forward, would like to see Rossiter being brought in.

Giving him a 3 year deal is simply bizarre. A man who had never managed in the UK before, with a questionable record.

He's our Ronny Deila

Secondly it was absolutely mental to appoint a manager BEFORE appointing a Director of Football. The DoF had to play a pivotal role in the recruitment of the new manager. It was completely backwards to appoint the manager first then a DoF months later.

Spot on.

After the failure of Warburton's last batch of signings, the club seemed to signal that we were moving to the DoF model so that player turnarounds like we had in the summer didn't have to happen to every time we appointed a new manager.

Then they put all their eggs in one basket in the guy at Southampton who was using our interest for a wage rise. So the DoF was put on the back burner.

That meant in the most recent window we were back to mainly relying on managerial contacts to recruit players. So we've brought in quite a few players again who I don't envision will be here long term if he goes.

Did we get pumped 4-0 last night?

No, but struggling to draw with a bottom of the table team who were reduced to ten men speaks volumes as to where we are.

Had Thistle kept 11 players on the park then there's the chance we would have walked away with a loss.

No matter how you dress up last night, it was disastrous and no spin can change that.

I like Pedro would love it if he proved everyone wrong but it's looking very doubtful we should have went for Gary Monk

Not for me.

Saved Swansea from relegation after Laudrup almost sent them down - fair enough.

Following season 9th or 10th in the EPL - fair enough.

Following season sacked after one of Swanseas most disastrous runs ever (worse then Laudrups from memory).

Then quit Leeds for no apparent reason - still hasn't said why. Literally walked out.

Now at Middlesbourgh, played 8, 4 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

He's achieved nothing of note. Add to that (and someone on here will know for sure) he is probably working with a far bigger budget than he would have with us.

We need to get away from the Warburtons and Pedros and appoint a manager with a proven track record.

Easier said than done, I admit - but...

No, but struggling to draw with a bottom of the table team who were reduced to ten men speaks volumes as to where we are.

Had Thistle kept 11 players on the park then there's the chance we would have walked away with a loss.

No matter how you dress up last night, it was disastrous and no spin can change that.

Partick were lucky to finish with 10 on the park. Disastrous would have been losing.

Did people expect us to not drop any points this season?

Partick were lucky to finish with 10 on the park. Disastrous would have been losing.

Did people expect us to not drop any points this season?

...and had Partick kept 11 on the park, then there's a good chance of the result staying at 2-1.

You're trying to defend the indefensible.

...and had Partick kept 11 on the park, then there's a good chance of the result staying at 2-1.

You're trying to defend the indefensible.

What have I tried to defend? Does it annoy you that I'm not pissing my pants that we were held to a draw?

If we're not in the semi final draw and suffer another pumping next Saturday, Pedro's finished. There's no point anyone pretending otherwise.

I'm not seeing an awful lot different from the MW era. Generally start brightly, dominate possession but fail to either put teams away or convert that possession into a decent number of scoring chances

If we're not in the semi final draw and suffer another pumping next Saturday, Pedro's finished. There's no point anyone pretending otherwise.

I'm not seeing an awful lot different from the MW era. Generally start brightly, dominate possession but fail to either put teams away or convert that possession into a decent number of scoring chances

I wish I shared your optimism, but the fact he's still here after the Progres result would indicate that he's going knowhere despite any result next week.

Did we get pumped 4-0 last night?

No, we failed to win. We failed to make it three wins on the trot under Caixinha - for Rangers, that's poor. Yet more dropped points, falling further behind the bheggars. We continued to make basic errors and were far too slack and sloppy, similar to every game this season.

I wouldn't sack Caixinha after last night but for some it's another result in a long line of them under Caixinha that's simply not good enough so I can see where they are coming from.

A defeat against the bheggars and the knives are going in even deeper.

Back