Rangers Liverpool connection

I'm a Liverpool fan and season ticket holder for 33 years, I also love Rangers! My dad used to go up to Glasgow in the 70s to watch the bears if Liverpool had a poor away game staying in Maryhill with friends and fellow bears and they would come down to anfield. Do Liverpool and Rangers have a special connection more so now with Gerrard at the wheel? My old account on here I remember a thread a few years back about LFC/Rangers connection and it had alot of negativety about Liverpool.
I was a massive Liverpool supporter as a kid, mostly due to dalgleish and the Scottish contingent they had back in the 70s and 80s. Even had a Liverpool/Rangers ski hat. Don’t really follow them now.

Liverpool are definitely the English side I support. Was a big fan of Gerrard as a player so I was delighted when he was given an opportunity to manage us.

I think you will find religion does exist in Liverpool.
The Orange parade last month proves that.
Yes it does exist and as I have posted in other topics Liverpool has England's largest orange community by far. But as the other guy said Liverpool and Everton are not protestant or catholic clubs. It's all combined. Mixed families etc. I spent the first thirty odd years of my life there so I have a bit of an idea on the subject.
My family are C of E. My dad was blue his brother was red. My dad has three sons two red one blue...that's the way it is there.

Special relationships should be left to the scum. Cringy as hell, especially the blues brothers stuff that only seemed to become prominent when they became the first oil club.
Bullshit, dates back to the 80s and never went away. Maybe you only think it’s more prominent because Chelsea receive more coverage.

Take your anthem back from the thieving fkpig eastenders.
I have always said if we really want to get at them we should steal Walk On off them. Now would be a great time to do it with Gerrard as manager.
I am still convinced that they were the Huns in the seventies but they seemed to turn that round.

There's connections from way back.

Tom Wyllie scored the first ever Liverpool goal against Everton. He was a former Rangers player.
Johnny Walker scored the goal that won Liverpool their first ever league title. He left Anfield to join Rangers.
And Bob Blyth was a Rangers player in the 1890s who had a very famous nephew. The man who built the modern Liverpool, Bill Shankly.
Didn't know that. Also Roger Hynd was Shankly's nephew

Bullshit, dates back to the 80s and never went away. Maybe you only think it’s more prominent because Chelsea receive more coverage.

Either that or it’s got something to do with knowing and seeing hordes of fans suddenly take to them when they started challenging for league titles.

Souness, Walters, Adam, Gerrard, McAllister.

That's the only connections I can think of.

We have just as much connection with Everton;

Smith, Durrant, Ferguson, Steven, Stevens, Rideout, Gazza
Also Gough, McCall, Naismith, Arteta, Jelavic and Weir

I follow Liverpool because of my best friend being a Scouse Red. Went to games a bit when I lived in England.

I would say there's more of a connection between Glasgow & Liverpool. Both being Port cities with a very industrial past. Also both having big Irish connections.

I would also add a Scottish connection, especially for those who lived through the 1970's & '80's.

Souness, Walters, Adam, Gerrard, McAllister.

That's the only connections I can think of.

We have just as much connection with Everton;

Smith, Durrant, Ferguson, Steven, Stevens, Rideout, Gazza
I was thinking about that the other day. We have a shit load of players who played for Everton and rangers.

It’s the reason I’ve kept an eye out for Everton over the years

Liverpool fan asks about a possible Rangers/Liverpool connection.

Thread descends into the usual Proddy/Catholic horse shit.

Fucking riddy.

I have always said if we really want to get at them we should steal Walk On off them. Now would be a great time to do it with Gerrard as manager.
I am still convinced that they were the Huns in the seventies but they seemed to turn that round.
I like it.

I'm a Liverpool fan and season ticket holder for 33 years, I also love Rangers! My dad used to go up to Glasgow in the 70s to watch the bears if Liverpool had a poor away game staying in Maryhill with friends and fellow bears and they would come down to anfield. Do Liverpool and Rangers have a special connection more so now with Gerrard at the wheel? My old account on here I remember a thread a few years back about LFC/Rangers connection and it had alot of negativety about Liverpool.
I wouldn't say there was a special connection.

Shanks was a Rangers fan.

One of the most important signings he made around 62, was from Rangers, Alex Stevenson, who would be a very influential player in Shanks' first great side.

But not a special connection as such.

Back