Official Rangers pull the plug on the Sydney friendly

The Optus tweet is interesting also, mates in Brisbane were saying that the tickets went on sale 3 days before general release to Telstra customers only.
Don’t see why Optus had any interest in it.

Leaving aside my obvious objections to this game & also giving the board the benefit of the doubt for the moment
( probably un-deservedly - by the way )

It was clear that this whole set-up was becoming more & more dodgy by the day

The whole hype generated by the aussie press was heavily slanted in favour of them -& if we're to believe reports - the divi up on the takings also favoured them

Now it appears the 1st installment was late - & indefinately delayed -

I'm glad we're now out of the picture - but you have to wonder what stunt would have been next ?

Seems to me timmy & the organisers deserve each other

Whatever happens with the court case and cash it will be money poorly spent but necessary given position.
No Celtic friendlies

I could never understand this Ange homecoming pish anyway. Fair enough he is an Aussie but surely he isn't regarded as some sort of Australian footballing legend down there that would be welcomed home like some hero.

One A-league title there as a manager and one World Cup appearance as Australia manager where they didn't even win a game.

I could understand the weirdos over the road trying to spin it as this homecoming nonsense to satisfy their insecurities but why are the Oz media so desperate to portray it that way?
Maybe they are involved in the ring?

Regardless of the arguments for and against this game going ahead I believe it would have ended in disaster if it took place.
The 7:30pm kick off and where the stadium itself is situated in Sydney with only one train line to it and the fact that the NSW police wouldn’t have any idea the importance to keep fans apart etc.
I’ve been in Brisbane a few times when the games on, the Rangers fans are in the pig and whistle and the Celtic fans are in wherever they are but it’s quite clear that no Celtic fans are encouraged to watch the game in the Pig.
Sydney would probably have a similar set up but with fans coming from all over they would be mingling before and after the game as well as getting to the game together.
Just couldn’t see how it would work and it’s probably a bullet dodged for that alone.
I reckon it would only have brought bad press in the end.
Probably for us dangerous, angry Rangers fans, not for the peace loving (terrorist supporting, child fûcking) lovable rogues that support Celtc.

The Optus tweet is interesting also, mates in Brisbane were saying that the tickets went on sale 3 days before general release to Telstra customers only.
Don’t see why Optus had any interest in it.
Optus has the exclusive rights to show some football leagues in Australia. They have made a marketing strategy to focus on European football, hence why they are commenting.

Telstra have a relationship with Ticketek whereby their customers get advance access to tickets, hence their interest.

How much weight would a ruling against the club in an Australian court actually carry, out of interest? Cant see the Sydney tourist board or whoever dreamt up the idea sending the bailiffs half way around the world.
Very easy to convert an Australian judgment to a court in Scotland, or vice versa. Done it many times myself.

The Liberal State Government of NSWales are funding this, Rolf Harris Cup. I think if they try suing Rangers it would be a very bad move as National elections are in 3 weeks or so, but let them bring it on ASAP so I know who to vote for.
Perhaps the voting public in NSWales and ratepayers would like to know what type of a club they are funding, by many millions of pounds, the club with the current 40 person approx. CSA Class action against them
This has got nothing to do with politics. The government employs massive departments to drive tourism - this was just one of their many schemes.

Hope this talk about a hefty bill now coming the club’s way, is just…that.
Talk!
This one mistake in agreeing to this tournament, could end costing us big time!

And I’m not just talking about money!!

Fans that back the club financially pay cheque to pay cheque v fans that set alarm clocks.

Of course fans in Scotland protesting are going to have a bigger voice.
I’ll be polite and say you’re naive if you think overseas bears don’t back the club financially.

I’ll be polite and say you’re naive if you think overseas bears don’t back the club financially.
Of course they can.

But I took from that poster said was that it’s only natural that bears in Scotland who go every week are going to have far more sway with the club than overseas bears. These protests prove that.

I don’t even think that’s up for debate.

Is it not perfectly understandable that Rangers supporters who live in Auz are a bit disappointed the game has been cancelled?

Surely their disappointment is more to do with not being able to see the team they love rather than it being a game against the filth?

Of course they can.

But I took from that poster said was that it’s only natural that bears in Scotland who go every week are going to have far more sway with the club than overseas bears. These protests prove that.

I don’t even think that’s up for debate.
I don't disagree with that, but that's not what he said.

Is it not perfectly understandable that Rangers supporters who live in Auz are a bit disappointed the game has been cancelled?

Surely their disappointment is more to do with not being able to see the team they love rather than it being a game against the filth?
I’d say so.
In fact I think it would be good to see us do a tour down under, just not against them. Another tournament featuring another big European side and a couple of A league sides would be ideal.

Sorry mate I meant actual Australians. It would be interesting to know how many of them bought tickets.
Liverpool played a team from Melbourne managed by Ange at the MCG a few years ago it was completely sold out the MCG has a capacity of 100,000 it was almost entirely filled with Liverpool supporter's

Common sense prevails
Too much like The Fat Ange Homecoming for my liking
Also not comfortable being part of a PR exercise with a club with a multi million pound lawsuit hanging over them for child abuse
The tournament had been arranged prior to the 'class action' against Celtc being approved by the Scottish courts.
Rangers then withdrew within a week of this being announced.
This is absolutely a game changer, Rangers have given other reasons for withdrawing,. so far.
If this goes to court, Rangers would/should give the CSA case as a defining reason for refusing to associate themselves with Celtc by taking part in a friendly tournament.
It would be ridiculous for the organisers to publicly pursue Rangers over this.

Back