Official Rangers pull the plug on the Sydney friendly

With this decision, the fact that each club has barely any (if at all) away fans at our fixtures, the absolute incessant hatred seen on a daily basis , is it safe to assume that the relationship between us and them is at an all time low?

I think soon enough there'll be no away fans at this fixture and we'll distance ourselves to the point of no return with that mob.

The friendly was a howling idea.

So you will have read the organisers now denying they were unwilling to fulfill their commitments and blaming us for letting down fans in Australia?
No one would ever admit to it though. Let’s just hope the reasons Rangers have shared with fan media are accurate and watertight.

The correct decision has been made and it should now be forgotten about we have a game to win on Sunday with the aim of lifting our 56th title and we should all be 100% behind our magnificent club.

No one would ever admit to it though. Let’s just hope the reasons Rangers have shared with fan media are accurate and watertight.
The point being though that the likliehood is it's heading for a legal battle.

No one can say for certain but you'd have to be very naive to think it wasn't.

Well yes, it would, because it will most likely end up in court.
It's becoming clear from this thread that for some, the friendly was just a stick to beat the board with.

Angry wee men in permanent rages who just have to have something to be annoyed about.

Now their focus isn't on the board coming to a (correct) decision, it's that they/their feelings weren't acknowledged, there hasn't been enough contrition shown by the board.

Time for some folk to grow up.

It's becoming clear from this thread that for some, the friendly was just a stick to beat the board with.

Angry wee men in permanent rages who just have to have something to be annoyed about.

Now their focus isn't on the board coming to a (correct) decision, it's that they/their feelings weren't acknowledged, there hasn't been enough contrition shown by the board.

Time for some folk to grow up.
Agreed with this post wholeheartedly

Garbage.

You were on spouting nonense last night. Refusing to deal in reality does not make you the stanchest fan on here.
As I said, you are incredibly angry.

You can’t say I was spouting nonsense. As the thing I inferred has not yet happened and may not happen.

You are incredibly angry about anyone disagreeing that this may not go against Rangers.

Look at your post above I am replying too. Incredibly angry, aggressive and stating falsehoods.*

*Note it still hasn’t and still may not go to court. So you cannot state I was spouting nonsense.

Perhaps calm down, stop overreacting and don’t be so married to your opinion this will be bad for Rangers when no one knows. You are looking irrational and incredibly daft.

woooo-saahhh buddy

As I said, you are incredibly angry.

You can’t say I was spouting nonsense. As the thing I inferred has not yet happened and may not happen.

You are incredibly angry about anyone disagreeing that this may not go against Rangers.

Look at your post above I am replying too. Incredibly angry, aggressive and stating falsehoods.*

*Note it still hasn’t and still may not go to court. So you cannot state I was spouting nonsense.

Perhaps calm down, stop overreacting and don’t be so married to your opinion this will be bad for Rangers when no one knows. You are looking irrational and incredibly daft.

woooo-saahhh buddy
Certainly not angry mate.

I find it incredible you don't think that is where this is heading. You are right nothing has been decided and it might not go down the legal route but anyone with any sense would make that assumption on what we know so far.

What are your reasons for thinking it won't as things stand?

This will almost certainly end up in court. Whether we have a solid case and whether a ruling half way around the world have any real bearing on us remains to be seen. If the board have simply rolled the dice on getting out of this unscathed then I do not think we can really blame them, they have done what was demanded of them by the support. If there are consequences, well, we demanded this.

Has there been any comment from Them on this ?

I can still see them going if the organiser drafts in another team to replace us .

Common sense prevails
Too much like The Fat Ange Homecoming for my liking
Also not comfortable being part of a PR exercise with a club with a multi million pound lawsuit hanging over them for child abuse

I’ve tweeted Simon Jordan about Celtic‘s paedo scandal*, let’s see if they have the decency and integrity to mention it… :rolleyes:

* The tweet was worded more “professionally”.
Good luck, that Martin Keown rivals Gabby Agbonlahor for thickness, sorry Gabby if have spelt your name wrong.

This will almost certainly end up in court. Whether we have a solid case and whether a ruling half way around the world have any real bearing on us remains to be seen. If the board have simply rolled the dice on getting out of this unscathed then I do not think we can really blame them, they have done what was demanded of them by the support. If there are consequences, well, we demanded this.

the board (rangers football club limited) headed by stewart robertson as our managing director has a team of Andrew Dickson, Ross Wilson, James Blair, James Bisgrove

Wilson is there for on field matters, Blair a Secretary.

However Robertson, Bisgrove and possibly Dickson who all take a fair whack out the club need to be brought to task over this. Money and time spent needs to be questioned by the RIFC board.

I honestly think we have directors at our club who are out of their depth. Our PR department is a shambles too. I feel sorry for the investors who have dug deep and pay the above for their decision makings.

So clearly this fiasco and the associated complications are all of the boards own making and it's legitimate to ask questions and raise concerns about the thought process (or lack of) that led to us signing off on it in the first place.

But...

I think they have played this the right way in terms of getting us out of it. Do some posters really expect us to come out with a statement at club level directly attributing our withdrawal to that mhobs vile history and our desire not to be associated with them unless absolutely necessary? Cos let me tell you how that would go...ridicule, scorn and "point scoring" accusations from all angles, not to mention an open goal for the aussies to sue us for damages. I'm not saying this is right btw - I'm as keen as any right minded individual to see them finally brought to justice for the abhorrent crimes and cover ups they facilitated. But the reality is that in today's Scotland, where the msm and government are practically sewn up with celtic minded apologists, it would be twisted to make us out as the bad guys - as ludicrous as that is. And I'm not convinced that it would have the global attention that folk seem to think it would either.

So the board have gone down the contractual route instead and we just need to hope that our case is strong enough. Although I get that our previous record in legal battles is not exactly great, theres a couple of things that give me hope here. In the opening post, admin highlight quite a few reasons why we believe the contract has been breached. If even one or two of these is accurate and provable then surely we should be on firm ground? As always though, the devil will be in the detail so we'll wait and see...although very interesting to note that the organisers response makes no immediate mention of legal challenge and it appears they have previous for poor organisation / broken promises so that is also promising.

And finally, a well done to the bears who have led the way in making the board aware of the depth of feeling against the friendly. I can't say I liked watching the last league game getting interrupted by protests (and the second one was a bit OTT)...but it worked. The board heard you and have taken action. Although they will never admit it, it is purely fan action that has moved them to realise their mistake and act (and remember they are turning down decent money for this). My only plea now would be to ditch any residual anger and follow up protests, at least for now, and get everyone back in harmony to support the team to the hilt over this most crucial of months ahead.

Fans that back the club financially pay cheque to pay cheque v fans that set alarm clocks.

Of course fans in Scotland protesting are going to have a bigger voice.
Just because you live in Scotland doesn’t mean you are a bigger fan. It’s a ridiculous argument. You are suggesting because they are not physically in Scotland to buy things they are less of a fan.

I could never understand this Ange homecoming pish anyway. Fair enough he is an Aussie but surely he isn't regarded as some sort of Australian footballing legend down there that would be welcomed home like some hero.

One A-league title there as a manager and one World Cup appearance as Australia manager where they didn't even win a game.

I could understand the weirdos over the road trying to spin it as this homecoming nonsense to satisfy their insecurities but why are the Oz media so desperate to portray it that way?

I could never understand this Ange homecoming pish anyway. Fair enough he is an Aussie but surely he isn't regarded as some sort of Australian footballing legend down there that would be welcomed home like some hero.

One A-league title there as a manager and one World Cup appearance as Australia manager where they didn't even win a game.

I could understand the weirdos over the road trying to spin it as this homecoming nonsense to satisfy their insecurities but why are the Oz media so desperate to portray it that way?
He also won the Asian cup as the national team manager. Equivalent to the Euro's.

He is a big deal FWIW.

the board (rangers football club limited) headed by stewart robertson as our managing director has a team of Andrew Dickson, Ross Wilson, James Blair, James Bisgrove

Wilson is there for on field matters, Blair a Secretary.

However Robertson, Bisgrove and possibly Dickson who all take a fair whack out the club need to be brought to task over this. Money and time spent needs to be questioned by the RIFC board.

I honestly think we have directors at our club who are out of their depth. Our PR department is a shambles too. I feel sorry for the investors who have dug deep and pay the above for their decision makings.
Still waiting for your response as to where Robertson has failed in his brief from the other thread.

Did he shag your maw or something?

Regardless of the arguments for and against this game going ahead I believe it would have ended in disaster if it took place.
The 7:30pm kick off and where the stadium itself is situated in Sydney with only one train line to it and the fact that the NSW police wouldn’t have any idea the importance to keep fans apart etc.
I’ve been in Brisbane a few times when the games on, the Rangers fans are in the pig and whistle and the Celtic fans are in wherever they are but it’s quite clear that no Celtic fans are encouraged to watch the game in the Pig.
Sydney would probably have a similar set up but with fans coming from all over they would be mingling before and after the game as well as getting to the game together.
Just couldn’t see how it would work and it’s probably a bullet dodged for that alone.
I reckon it would only have brought bad press in the end.

Optus are a big deal in streaming and telecommunications, Australians however have zero understanding of the hatred between the clubs.
This match would be a poor 6th behind cricket, rugby league , Oz rules, horse racing. Australians don't give a feck about it.

Back