Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
so we are looking at a squad currently of:

GK - Fife / Cunningham (tho question over her future above) / Nicholson

DEF - Docherty / Arnth / McLauchlan (recovering from injury) / Vance (at Euros so might miss start of season)

MID - Kerr / Middag / Cornet (recovering from injury) / McLean / Watson / Ness (injured)

FWD - Bell (injured) / Ross / Arnott / Howatt / Hay / McCoy / McCleary

just under 6 weeks to the new season starts & less than 2 weeks later the CL starts
ridiculous current state of play for us

Any other info about the new signing? I’m not a massive advocate of having fans playing for us although appreciate the talent pool that are within our reach, especially considering the league we play in, is limited
It’s a fair comment, a lot of the focus has been on her being a fan when in actual fact she’s a very very good footballer.

Was in America in the college system for a few years with former Rangers manager Angie Hind, signed for Durham in the English Championship, consistently one of the better players in my opinion and won a few awards for her performances, including North East Football Writers player of the year. Defensively sound and will chip in with the odd goal at the other end as well.

I have known Megan for years and she has always been a nice young lassie/lady and yes i found out at the weekend that she is indeed hoping for a career in the service but also found out that she might just carry on playing but just not at the level required for Rangers

Yes she will probably help out but I've also heard something else that I wont go into in an open forum.
Moving to another SWPL 1 team it seems.

Any other info about the new signing? I’m not a massive advocate of having fans playing for us although appreciate the talent pool that are within our reach, especially considering the league we play in, is limited
She played for us years ago. Played in the us and down in England. A lot of talent and passionate

Turbine Potsdam is one of the best clubs out there producing and/or finding talented players (not dissimilar to what Glasgow City did). Were battling it out with 1. FFC Frankfurt for years for the title, when Frankfurt essentially spent the money on the best players. Then Bayern and Wolfsburg (men teams) spent quite a bit of cash into their women teams and essentially wrecked the league's competitive edge. 1. FFC Frankfurt was essentially dissolved a few years back and taken under the wings of the men`s (different) Eintracht Frankfurt team.

It would be great if our women`s team get some co-operation going with Turbine.

Just catching up with this thread and I’d completely missed Ciara Grant going to Hearts. Strange one that given she’d only been here 6 months. I liked the look of her as well.

Just catching up with this thread and I’d completely missed Ciara Grant going to Hearts. Strange one that given she’d only been here 6 months. I liked the look of her as well.
She is a cracking wee player, that team tonight is far weaker than the team that won the title.

There’s few more signings to come before things get under way, the last half hour was basically a youth team, McLauchlan only played half an hour from the start and it was still comfortable.

Fantastic experience for those young players involved last night.

Next friendly for the burdz is tomorrow against Spartans. No mention of it on RTV but Spartans will be showing it on Recast.

Never looked at Recast before though I do know G City and Hibs Women also use it so I signed up. Straightforward process though you will need your phone for the verification code. I assume, too, that there's normally a pay-per-game fee but, as a new joiner, you get 100 credits which I've used for this game.

Any technical/log-in queries please direct them to @Valley Bluenose as per ;)

There seems to be a rumour going around that we'll be moving to Broadwood this season as we're selling out the training centre.

Any ITKs?

Yeah I posted about it a while back.

Requirements for the champions league meant we had to move as well.
Is there any way we could make the RTC compliant? Probably not I assume.

It does seem a waste if the B Team and Women's team can't use it and we are having to hire out other venues

Is there any way we could make the RTC compliant? Probably not I assume.

It does seem a waste if the B Team and Women's team can't use it and we are having to hire out other venues
I don’t think there’s anything that could be done quick enough anyway.

I was under the impression we would still be using the RTC for some league games but Broadwood would be the primary venue, you can have a secondary venue under SWPL rules but don’t know if this has changed.

Reactions: GF1
I don’t think there’s anything that could be done quick enough anyway.

I was under the impression we would still be using the RTC for some league games but Broadwood would be the primary venue, you can have a secondary venue under SWPL rules but don’t know if this has changed.
It's good I suppose that we are selling more tickets and generating bigger crowds

It's good I suppose that we are selling more tickets and generating bigger crowds
It is, it’s just a shame there’s not an ‘in between’ venue if that makes sense, going to an 8000+ stadium is going to feel empty a lot of weeks, potentially break the 1-2k number for big games depending on how they clash with the men’s team.

Reactions: GF1
No need to apologise, was in a different thread about Open Goal I think.

Also definitely not classing myself as ITK, this thread breaks the insanity of the transfer thread with all those ITK’s in there :D:D
Now that the 'women's fitba is shite' brigade are given short shrift this is probably the sanest recurring thread on the board!

Admin should make it a sticky so we don't have to scroll through a few pages when we make an update.

Paging @DocStone and @Empire

Moving to Broadwood is garbage, could we not have moved the games to Pollok who's ground now has floodlights ect. Why can't we play the European games at the training centre?

Moving to Broadwood is garbage, could we not have moved the games to Pollok who's ground now has floodlights ect. Why can't we play the European games at the training centre?
I don’t know the ins and outs of why it’s Broadwood but the stadium requirements are the same as required to play in the mens champions league which the RTC doesn’t meet and I’m not sure if Pollok’s would?

First time I’ve had a wee ‘yes’! moment with the women’s signings (mainly because I’m ignorant of anyone other than girls who’ve played against us these last couple of seasons). I’m not sure how technically good wee Collette Cavanagh is but she was certainly always a stand out for Hibs against us as a tenacious wee player with a real will to fight and win. Should provide a fair bit of drive and bite!
Welcome to her and our new goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back