Saturday's football (not our Women's game)

That was a howler of a decision, the game inside the box these days is a total bin fire

True, but in today's game I'd be expecting that to get ruled out
No doubt about that. My problem is that there's once again zero consistency. Pawson was 5 yards away from it and didn't think anything of it, there is nothing on the monitor that that should have changed his mind.

There's been similar instances happening this season that were deemed not to have been fouls (Joelinton on Gabriel for example).

You can see why it was given as a foul. But it's the inconsistency that does your head in. That goal would have stood in other games.

No doubt about that. My problem is that there's once again zero consistency. Pawson was 5 yards away from it and didn't think anything of it, there is nothing on the monitor that that should have changed his mind.

There's been similar instances happening this season that were deemed not to have been fouls (Joelinton on Gabriel for example).
Aye, think refs are too scared to give onfield decisions nowadays and just wait for VAR to bail them out. He should definitely have called for it as a foul as it happened but as you say consistency is all over the place with refs just now.

So a shoulder charge in the back is acceptable?
It’s hardly a “shoulder charge” :))

In play decision was there was nothing wrong with it which was the correct decision

The game is being referee’d twice with anything in the box whether that be potential fouls or “hand balls”……it’s getting daft and a matter of time before a major final, a league decider etc is affected

Picture the scene on the 11th….we score that goal and it’s chalked off stopping us winning at the death. Carnage

That was a howler of a decision, the game inside the box these days is a total bin fire
Pretty clearly thru the back of the fella. Right decision for me. Never shoulder to shoulder in a million years. Could tell the villa defender was in front of the attacker he wasn't braced for that shove at all.

I'd have been raging if that goal allowed to stand against my team.

Pretty clearly thru the back of the fella. Right decision for me. Never shoulder to shoulder in a million years. Could tell the villa defender was in front of the attacker he wasn't braced for that shove at all.

I'd have been raging if that goal allowed to stand against my team.
Watching it again now as Poch is speaking, IMO that’s not a foul anywhere on the park

Watching it again now as Poch is speaking, IMO that’s not a foul anywhere on the park

Agree to disagree on this one I think. Looks to me like the villa defender is in front of his man and he gets a clear shove. They're not side on for a 50/50 shoulder barge. Definite foul leading to a clear advantage for Chelsea and the goal.

Chelsea are an absolute basket case. Clearly some talent in that squad. Young, energetic. But all over the place. Explains why they're so far down the league. No consistency. But they played really well tonight. Villa have been excellent all season but were second best the vast majority of that game.

In play decision was there was nothing wrong with it which was the correct decision

The game is being referee’d twice with anything in the box whether that be potential fouls or “hand balls”……it’s getting daft and a matter of time before a major final, a league decider etc is affected

Picture the scene on the 11th….we score that goal and it’s chalked off stopping us winning at the death. Carnage
It was a clear foul imo

As a neutral, I don't know what to make of Chelsea.
Watched a few games this season, and I would day they have definitely downed tools and are like a team who have no belief in their manager or his tactics.
However, in games like tonight, when they show character and spirit, I would say they have the ability, skill and drive to be a good team.

Don't think so given the majority of posters commenting on it think it's a foul.
The Chelsea player has no chance of making that cross without getting the Villa player out the way.

Only seen the disallowed Chelsea goal on MOTD as was watching Hull V Ipswich.
Looked to me like the Villa player tried to back into the Chelsea player, came off 2nd best in a physical 50/50 and VAR has let him off the hook. Dreadful decision. The Hull Ipswich game was so good to watch without VAR spoiling it.

Back