Scotsman goes into administration

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46243622

The future of newspapers previously owned by Johnston Press has been secured after they were acquired by JPIMedia, a spokesman said.

The newly-formed company bought out Johnston Press, publisher of the i, The Scotsman and the Yorkshire Post, following the court appointment of administrators earlier on Saturday.

Johnston Press said it meant employees would keep their jobs.

The newspaper group put itself up for sale last month.

Johnston Press was one of the largest local and regional newspaper organisations in the UK, but had debts of £220m which were due for repayment in June next year.

So let me get this right ,you would be happy to see People, lose their Jobs .Get a grip of yourself
Said that in my original post mate,felt sorry for people losing their jobs,but was shot down,by other postetd if your going to criticize me read the POST!

Well there are guys on here who can vouch for me, not that I need to prove anything to you.

Since you are an elderly guy am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are having an off night and are usually a decent chap.
Not having an off night mate,you started it by insinuating,I bought male nude magazines,it was probably mesant tongue in cheek, By you!as was my last reply to you,or didn't you notice the kisses? Honestly don't care about the herald,you do!I got no answers from the when sending in complaints,and stopped buying it,because their attitude towards us was disgraceful,my last job before I retired,unfortunately was to collect daily papers for staff,one which was the herald,didn't need to look inside,front page said it all!good news green and grey,bad NEWS HEADLINES,royal blue,I will never buy any paper in Scotland mate never(until we win 55)then I will revel in their misery,my apologises if I have offended but I've been watching the gers since I was 8years old,not a boast,seen them through the good and bad years,and totally gutted what this country has tried to do to us but as Mr goudie has QUOTED OUR STRENGTH IS OUR LOYALTY WATPhave a nice day!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46243622

The future of newspapers previously owned by Johnston Press has been secured after they were acquired by JPIMedia, a spokesman said.

The newly-formed company bought out Johnston Press, publisher of the i, The Scotsman and the Yorkshire Post, following the court appointment of administrators earlier on Saturday.

Johnston Press said it meant employees would keep their jobs.

The newspaper group put itself up for sale last month.

Johnston Press was one of the largest local and regional newspaper organisations in the UK, but had debts of £220m which were due for repayment in June next year.
Sad news.

DsKES_QXcAI0raN.jpg

No surprise, pension fund not being transferred. Scum bassas!!

The thing is if the papers had been more neutral about our plight, and a wee bit more sympathetic, personally I would still be buying them, but %^*& it they weren't so they can die for all I care

Not having an off night mate,you started it by insinuating,I bought male nude magazines,it was probably mesant tongue in cheek, By you!as was my last reply to you,or didn't you notice the kisses? Honestly don't care about the herald,you do!I got no answers from the when sending in complaints,and stopped buying it,because their attitude towards us was disgraceful,my last job before I retired,unfortunately was to collect daily papers for staff,one which was the herald,didn't need to look inside,front page said it all!good news green and grey,bad NEWS HEADLINES,royal blue,I will never buy any paper in Scotland mate never(until we win 55)then I will revel in their misery,my apologises if I have offended but I've been watching the gers since I was 8years old,not a boast,seen them through the good and bad years,and totally gutted what this country has tried to do to us but as Mr goudie has QUOTED OUR STRENGTH IS OUR LOYALTY WATPhave a nice day!

You should be boasting about that length of service going to see Rangers, that is a long time through thick and thin.

When we win 55 the celebrations will be huge and once they settle the biggest get it up ye ever to the rest of Scottish football.

You will have seen the change in the media through the years and decades and I agree there are so called journos out there who enjoyed what happened to us while there are others who have not - sadly these guys are rarely heard from.

We have let these bastards manoeuvre(spelling?) themselves into positions of influence in Scotland, politics, media, sport, public bodies and their voices are loud but there is nobody standing up for our side.

It doesn't help that they swarm all over comments sections/phone ins yet we think we should boycott them, then we complain that all we hear/read is mentally challengeds.

We need a coordinated fight back, a plan that at least calls out these people on a regular basis.

Some of the posters on here do their bit but we need more from us all - I include myself lazy fat arse that I am.

For example, the poster Mendes is calling on us to fill in a survey to get our views across about attitudes in Scotland. At first glance it is very off putting as it is full of political buzz words and jargon so anyone on their own looking at this would think, fxxk that. It would be great if a group of us got together and worked on a fairly common response to these questions and tried to get the message out there to fellow Bears.

Another good example on here is the lad who is reporting all types of scum vandalism and graffiti to GSC - this is great work and he is even calling on us to report to him and he will then go on to GSC and fill in forms to submit to GSC - fxxking outstanding.

Then there is george and friends who campaigned to get the filth out the Broomloan and has plenty other great ideas we should try to find some time to get involved in. Personally I hope that is a short term thing to teach the tramps a lesson but well aware my opinion is mostly likely in the minority on this one.

Of course, the SOS team have and continue to do great things but we need more and we need a group who is looking at the bigger picture away from football.

We - Rangers supporters - need to get in about journalists and editors, politicians, the lot of them and make it clear we won't be ignored or mocked any longer.

There are Rangers men in and around the various media outlets in Scotland and in politics and we need to work together to get our voices and opinions heard. IMO we need to change our whole media strategy. Yes there are lost causes - twats like Spiers and Cosgrove and the likes are not worth bothering about but there must be a better way to turn the tide around than what we are doing now.....fxxk am ranting again.

By the way, the gay magazine thing was supposed to be a bit of banter between football fans - didn't mean to offend so apologies for that.

Last edited:
You should be boasting about that length of service going to see Rangers, that is a long time through thick and thin.

When we win 55 the celebrations will be huge and once they settle the biggest get it up ye ever to the rest of Scottish football.

You will have seen the change in the media through the years and decades and I agree there are so called journos out there who enjoyed what happened to us while there are others who have not - sadly these guys are rarely heard from.

We have let these bastards manoeuvre(spelling?) themselves into positions of influence in Scotland, politics, media, sport, public bodies and their voices are loud but there is nobody standing up for our side.

It doesn't help that they swarm all over comments sections/phone ins yet we think we should boycott them, then we complain that all we hear/read is mentally challengeds.

We need a coordinated fight back, a plan that at least calls out these people on a regular basis.

Some of the posters on here do there bit but we need more from us all - I include myself lazy fat arse that I am.

For example, the poster Mendes is calling on us to fill in a survey to get our views across about attitudes in Scotland. At first glance it is very off putting as it is full of political buzz words and jargon so anyone on their own looking at this would think, fxxk that. It would be great if a group of us got together and worked on a fairly common response to these questions and tried to get the message out there to fellow Bears.

Another good example on here is the lad who is reporting all types of scum vandalism and graffiti to GSC - this is great work and he is even calling on us to report to him and he will then go on to GSC and fill in forms to submit to GSC - fxxking outstanding.

Then there is george and friends who campaigned to get the filth out the Broomloan and has plenty other great ideas we should try to find some time to get involved in. Personally I hope that is a short term thing to teach the tramps a lesson but well aware my opinion is mostly likely in the minority on this one.

Of course, the SOS team have and continue to do great things but we need more and we need a group who is looking at the bigger picture away from football.

We - Rangers supporters - need to get in about journalists and editors, politicians, the lot of them and make it clear we won't be ignored or mocked any longer.

There are Rangers men in and around the various media outlets in Scotland and in politics and we need to work together to get our voices and opinions heard. IMO we need to change our whole media strategy. Yes there are lost causes - twats like Spiers and Cosgrove and the likes are not worth bothering about but there must be a better way to turn the tide around than what we are doing now.....fxxk am ranting again.

By the way, the gay magazine thing was supposed to be a bit of banter between football fans - didn't mean to offend so apologies for that.
Gobbed smacked by that awesome words that's the kind of statement I try and compose!zAgree with everything you have said my friend,and I also looked at Mendes post and concur,it's like reading hyrogryphics,but will have another look,as you suggest if someone could guide us through it in English it would be a start!I'm still complaining to BBC Scotland now for nuisance value as it's the same reply Everytime,spoken with my local msp about how we are treated and got a sympathetic ear,that's ongoing!,next I'm thinking of a letter to Ruth Davidson,to hint about how she could have so many new voters,if she worded a statement correctly,or get more mps to stand as unionists next election,I had to vote Tory last time,as,I cannot stand ,labour libs and certainly not wee burnie,but I know it's hard for a lot of bears to even say the word Tory,but in my eyes it's the only way we can turn this republic around,please iI'mnot arguing politics I respect everyone's views but agree with you WE have to change things,once again admire your post greatly !

I'll keep the nice malt to toast when that B**tard paper the Rhecord shuts down. Hopefully sooner than later.

The BBC and channel 4 both produce superb content. I think they are safe.
Richard Gordon and Alex Thomson a pair of Rangers hating cvnts are safe not because of the content they produce but rather because they are both funded by a public tax called the TV license.

Back