Scotsman goes into administration

Johnson press is going into admin.
The concensus is another company will take control of the assets/titles such as the scotsman, edinburgh evening news, falkirk herald (still owned by JP?) To allow these titles to continue.
Question is, will they be the same newspaper??

They have crying for help for years. No sensible company would buy a newspaper these days.

Would they?

alan-partridge.jpg

One of the best football writers we have had in Scotland for the past 25 years works for them and never gives us jib.
Stephen Halliday great at his job

Tom English started off a non entity talking rubbish about tv and carp and then is BBC Scotland's voice of 19th Century Terrorist reason on football golf and rugby. Ahhh well.

%^*& The Scotsman.

May it never print another paper again. Scum 19th Century Terrorist rag.

Breaking on STV News.

Another rag that led relentless attacks on our club.

Nice.

When I first started as an apprentice in the late 70’s my parents had the Record delivered and I bought the old broad sheet Scotsman on my way to work. Both were fine publications at different ends of the spectrum. Sad what has happened to both and others.
Over here we had the Star Tribune delivered and I bought the Pioneer Press. Now we buy neither as they’re both crap now but we’re poorer for it.

It’s the newspaper group which is in admin - it will probably either be refinanced or individual papers sold off.

Wasn’t the comments section a separate entity unconnected with the newspaper ?

Was it the Scotsman’s name on it?Its a bit like celtic and the boys club.Had their wretched name but a total other entity?Not sure maybe the comments section will change its name and continue on.:rolleyes:

May it be quickly followed ,by the rhecord,and the herald,only people I feel for are unbiased staff!
If I worked in the industry I’d do everything in my power to find alternative employment. The fact they haven’t makes them complicit in my eyes.

They jumped on the wrong ship .I used to buy the I in the beginning then they came out with pro-independence crap . They started having different headlines up here than down south so I binned it . The Scotsmen never read it due to its dubious title .Why put a nationality on a newspaper title they don't put the English Sun so I don't see why they should put the Scottish sun on the Republican rag the scum. Or any of the publications up here .It gives the impression of a sad banana Republic.

The reality is the likes of Smith will always find work. There are too many like minded editors for him to suffer

What will happen is his salary diminishes when there's less competition around, so he's gradually backing himself into a corner (look at Spiers career over the past 2 decades - chief writer to needing several jobs to keep going). The opportunities are dwindling but they're all too stupid to admit why

Johnston Press has gone into admin.
New owners will want to keep titles like The Newsletter, Scotsman, Yorkshire Post etc running. Hundreds of local titles will be at risk but many will survive.

Good.

Sorry about the folk who lost their jobs tho..........

But you did have pops at us every other day so fuuk you.

If I worked in the industry I’d do everything in my power to find alternative employment. The fact they haven’t makes them complicit in my eyes.
Your so harsh!but in hindsight correct,never bought the Scotsman always the herald,and can't wait for it and the rhecord to follow!Sent 2/3 emails complaining to the herald, about their reports on us,to no avail,and that was around2003/2004stopped buying it then!

Back