Scottish cup semi finals

This makes Sterling's comments about the squad not believing all the more bizarre, every single one of them should have smelled blood but they've decided to let them off the hook for some reason.
Being brutally honest mate, i think it's got nothing to do with us letting them off the hook or them letting us back in it or who has more bottle. It's two very poor old firm sides, both hoping the amount of points they drop isn't as much as the other. We're both rotten.

So putting your foot in front of the defender now isn't a penalty? Hmm, is that not the same thing Kyogo does every week and wins them?
That's my argument too. In terms of the rule in question Dessers was penalised not for putting his foot in front of the defender but that the defender had the ball under control first (he didn't, poor touch and he was stretching to recover it) before he did. Today Vickers didn't touch the ball beforehand, at no point had the ball under control and BOTH players were going for a free ball. Not even remotely the same and doesn't tick the boxes for that rule. Add in the Kyogo pen awarded vs Hearts and Turnbull vs Dundee where they both stuck their legs in front and played for contact from the defenders who were going for the ball and they don't have a leg to stand on if that is the reason why it wasn't given.

I might be wrong but I assumed VAR would have a quick look at all the penalties to check for encroachment, I would bet a significant sum it was just squeaky Liam on commentary being desperate for something to be given as it was the only penalty they missed…
They delayed the next kick for it. Think it is very selective on the level of check required.

Aberdeen have put up more of a fight against the filth than we have this season.
Roofe goal chopped off in first old firm.

No penalty and Balogun sent off in the second.

Dessers goal chopped off in the third.

All game changing decisions and we lost by 1 goal and a draw.

How many game changing decisions have went against them in OF games this season? It's zero.

Totally agree - look at the furore after the Hearts game that they lost - you'd think they were the most hard done to club that's ever played the game and that game changing decisions not going their way happened every day of the week.

They are deliberately scaring officials to give decisions against them, daring them almost, and it's undoubtedly working.

The refs are now compromised. They know of the death threats, and media character assassination for weeks on end in the tabloids if a decision they makes costs Celtc, so they just give them what they want for an easy life. It is intimidation and gangsterism, nothing less.

That's my argument too. In terms of the rule in question Dessers was penalised not for putting his foot in front of the defender but that the defender had the ball under control first (he didn't, poor touch and he was stretching to recover it) before he did. Today Vickers didn't touch the ball beforehand, at no point had the ball under control and BOTH players were going for a free ball. Not even remotely the same and doesn't tick the boxes for that rule. Add in the Kyogo pen awarded vs Hearts and Turnbull vs Dundee where they both stuck their legs in front and played for contact from the defenders who were going for the ball and they don't have a leg to stand on if that is the reason why it wasn't given.
Didn't the ref end up giving a foul on Johnston?

Which was never a foul either.

I see the Aberdeen keeper forgot you can't time waste in a penalty shootout. I hate that big lady's front bottom. All I ever see him do is get injured during a game but then somehow manage to play on. He done it again today and fucked up his own team mate in the process.

Roofe goal chopped off in first old firm.

No penalty and Balogun sent off in the second.

Dessers goal chopped off in the third.

All game changing decisions and we lost by 1 goal and a draw.

How many game changing decisions have went against them in OF games this season? It's zero.
Doesn't escape the fact that we have been shockingly bad in old firm games this season, apart from the 2nd half in the last game.

Take the positives. That's now two high pressure games they have been in winning positions and not been able to close it out. Granted they have won in a lottery of a way today.
They had the game all but sealed against us twice and then twice today and twice they were pegged back.

If and it's a big if we can get our act in gear it is still very possible we finish the season with the three trophies sitting in the trophy cabinet.

Because the referee didn’t give a penalty. He gave a foul to Celtic before the kick on Hoilett.

Why didn't he blow for a foul right away, he let play continue, and it wasn't to Celtic's advantage.
When he seen he would have to give a penalty, he then pulled it back.

Why didn't he blow for a foul right away, he let play continue, and it wasn't to Celtic's advantage.
When he seen he would have to give a penalty, he then pulled it back.

It has to be called out again.

1. It's not a foul

2. Do they check attacking phase of play for fouls in penalty decisions, thought that was reserved for goals only

3. If the ref gave the free kick (see point 1) why did VAR check the penalty claim.

Aberdeen need to get the audio and check the sequence of events for both claims.

The ref sh@t it and chose an easy out as scared to give the penalty.

The cross comes in and two opposing players go to header the ball neither touch it (from angle I seen) , play continues for a full 6 seconds until the penalty foul is committed he then blows his whistle and awards free kick.

Disgraceful

If he did there would have been no need for a Var check in exactly the same way the Morelos goal that was ruled out for a phantom foul on Johnston meant it couldn't be reviewed. There was a Var check today so I doubt it was given as a foul.

They could have just about justified not giving a penalty for similar reasons Dessers/Roofe goal was disallowed.

To give a foul for whatever he gave it for shows the level of cheating that goes on. He’s only given it once he would have to make another decision. Var should have easily advised there was no foul and a penalty given.

If he did there would have been no need for a Var check in exactly the same way the Morelos goal that was ruled out for a phantom foul on Johnston meant it couldn't be reviewed. There was a Var check today so I doubt it was given as a foul.
When he signalled a free kick to Celtic, he pointed to where Johnston was lying, which made it look like he pointed to the spot.
When you see the whole incident again, he doesn't give anything until after Carter Vickers cleared out the Aberdeen player, so at first look he never gave a free kick. Obviously decided to give it when he saw what happened next.
Absolutely scandalous.

If we win tomorrow, at least its 50/50 split at Hampden, we exploit their defence with high balls and we win. Scales is mince.
Even if we do win tomorrow, do you honestly think they are going to be allowed to lose the final ! Any match official that gives a big decison in our favour in that game, might as well just resign the same day!

Can you imagine if it was us getting those decisions in our favour today?

Yet to see a statement from Aberdeen, which would’ve been out on the whistle if it was us. Also notice there was a distinct lack of noise about early kick offs, home ends at hampden and 50/50 spilts for this game. I wonder why.

Like the rest of the diddies in league they can’t see the wood from the trees.

Being brutally honest mate, i think it's got nothing to do with us letting them off the hook or them letting us back in it or who has more bottle. It's two very poor old firm sides, both hoping the amount of points they drop isn't as much as the other. We're both rotten.
I pretty much said this today to a a Tim lad that works for me

He didn’t disagree

Somebody please tell me why Carter-Vickers was once again a protected species and not sent off and why that wasn't a penalty?

BBC commentator = it's a penalty.
Replay = it's a penalty and very possibly a red card.
Ref = it's a free kick to Celtic
VAR = nothing doing.
Cut to Carthorse Vickers with his head in his hands.

Cheating their way to another final and barely a word said.

This can't go on - you can't win against this.

Latest posts

Back