Season Ticket Renewals - Alternative FAQs

smitjb

This is based on my experience and questions asked and answers in the other thread.

Let me know of any errors (typos or errors of fact) and I'll try to keep this first post updated.

Edited 12/4 10:26 to add payment methods.
12/4 11:26 added a common payment issue
12/4 11:53 drop leading zeroes from rangers number
12/4 12:25 Clarified Seatsub deadline, explained charity donation
12/4 21:21 Added additional seatsub transfer to seatgeek

1 General

1.1 WTF is going on?

The club are using the new Seatgeek platform for the season ticket renewals. Not all features and account information have been transferred over. You have to set up a new account on the new system by going to renew.rangers.co.uk and following the password reset instructions.

1.2 Where is my renewal email?

Some people have not received the original renewal email. Check your spam folder etc.

If you have changed your email address with rangers recently, the Seatgeek system may have the old one.

Contact the ticket office.

1.3 Where is my password reset email?

As of Thursday night, password reset emails are taking a long time (possibly hours) to arrive. This is probably because the system is overloaded.

It might be worth trying requesting a reset again. In all 3 of my accounts the email arrived shortly after I re-requested it.

Otherwise, just keep trying.

1.4 How do I contact the ticket office?

Once logged in to renew.rangers.co.uk, click on Ask Rangers and then on Contact Us. There is a web form to fill in. This is the same as the old system.

1.5 My address is wrong.

If you've changed your address recently, the seatgeek system may have the old one.

Once logged on to renew.rangers.co.uk, click on Rangers Account. Details can be edit there.

1.6 It won't accept my rangers number.

Use your Rangers number without any leading zeroes. As issued, most have 2 or 3 leading zeroes, but these should be ignored when logging in.

2 Seatsub

IF YOU ARE ON AUTO-RENEW AND YOU WANT TO USE YOUR SEATSUB CREDIT, YOU HAVE TO DO IT BEFORE 9AM ON 15TH APRIL.

2.1 Where is my seatsub balance?

Seatsub balances where transferred over to SeatGeek on 29th February.

This balance will be available to pay towards your renewal. It won't be visible until you get to the payment page of your renewal.

Any seatsub credit you have earned since the 29th of February is still in the old system and will be transferred later.

2.2 How much is my seatsub balance?

Your available balance will be displayed at the payment stage.

You can check it by looking at your credit balance in the old system. This gives a history of credits and debits. If you had a credit balance at 29th February, there should be an Adjustment transaction for the amount transferred. There was a second transfer around 21st March. Your available credit should be the total of those adjustments.

2.3 I'm on auto-renew, how can I use my seatsub credit?

You have to renew manually. Follow the instructions in the email about resetting your password and then click on the Renew Season Ticket link. There is a deadline of 9am Monday 15th April for this.

3 CCCS

3.1 When can I sign up for CCCS?

There is no need to do this immediately, deadline to sign up is October.

You can do it as you renew by ticking the box on the second renewal page. (But see Friends and Family below)

3.2 How can I sign up for CCCS?

You can do it by ticking the box as you renew your season ticket.

If you have already renewed, log back into renew.rangers.co.uk and click on the Enrol/Update CCCS link - it has a picture of the manager.

The menu item at the top 24/25 CCCS Enrolment doesn't seem to work.

3.3 Does CCCS auto-renew?

No. Even if your season ticket is on auto renew you have to enrol for CCCS manually.

4 Friends and Family.

4.1 Can I renew several tickets at once?

Yes, but there are limitations on CCCS sign up and Seatsub credit.

4.2 Not all my friends are on CCCS.

If you are renewing several tickets at once, and you click the box for CCCS all the tickets will be signed up for CCCS. If you don't want this, you will have to do the tickets individually.

4.3 Several of my friends have seatsub credit.

As far as I can see, you can only apply the seatsub credit of the account which is doing the renewal. If you need to apply more than one credit balance you will have to do them individually.

5 Payment Methods

5.1 How can I pay?

There are 2 payment methods Credit/Debit card single payment and 4 month direct debit.
The 4 payments are taken on the 1st of May, June, July, August.

5.2 What about the 10-month DD?

This appears only to be available to those who are already using it.

6 Payment Issues

6.1 I'm getting this message.
Payment is still being processed. You are advised to return to the payment website and either complete or cancel the payment. OR you can cancel the entire transaction, however in this case there is some risk that the payment will still be processed.

Click here to cancel the transaction

This occurs when payment apparently fails, but it also occurs if you go through some of the steps but don't even attempt to pay. You can't do anything while this appears.

It may go away on its own, but I have never waited long enough.

If you haven't attempted payment, just cancel.

If you have attempted payment, then the best course of action is probably to wait a bit.
Check your banking app and see if there is a pending payment, cancel this, wait a bit, check your banking app again and proceed accordingly.

Either Rangers or the bank will almost certainly refund a double payment, but that's no good if you can't spare the money while it gets sorted out.

6.2 How can I get rid of the £3 charity donation?

Don't confuse the £3 processing fee with the charity donation. The system will only take a charity donation if you click the button.

Last edited:
Great idea mate, regarding the seatsub credit deadline I think that may only affect auto renew season tickets as I've never had any comms about that deadline and only know about it on here and I'm not on auto renew.

I'm willing to wait until after the Monday deadline to prove I can still use my credit.

Great idea mate, regarding the seatsub credit deadline I think that may only affect auto renew season tickets as I've never had any comms about that deadline and only know about it on here and I'm not on auto renew.
I'll make a note of that, and see if anyone can confirm...
I'm willing to wait until after the Monday deadline to prove I can still use my credit.

Brave. B-)

This is based on my experience and questions asked and answers in the other thread.

Let me know of any errors (typos or errors of fact) and I'll try to keep this first post updated.

Edited 12/4 10:26 to add payment methods.

1 General

1.1 WTF is going on?

The club are using the new Seatgeek platform for the season ticket renewals. Not all features and account information have been transferred over. You have to set up a new account on the new system by going to renew.rangers.co.uk and following the password reset instructions.

1.2 Where is my renewal email?

Some people have not received the original renewal email. Check your spam folder etc.

If you have changed your email address with rangers recently, the Seatgeek system may have the old one.

Contact the ticket office.

1.3 Where is my password reset email?

As of Thursday night, password reset emails are taking a long time (possibly hours) to arrive. This is probably because the system is overloaded.

It might be worth trying requesting a reset again. In all 3 of my accounts the email arrived shortly after I re-requested it.

Otherwise, just keep trying.

1.4 How do I contact the ticket office?

Once logged in to renew.rangers.co.uk, click on Ask Rangers and then on Contact Us. There is a web form to fill in. This is the same as the old system.

1.5 My address is wrong.

If you've changed your address recently, the seatgeek system may have the old one.

Once logged on to renew.rangers.co.uk, click on Rangers Account. Details can be edit there.

2 Seatsub

IF YOU WANT TO USE YOUR SEATSUB CREDIT, YOU HAVE TO DO IT BEFORE 9AM ON 15TH APRIL.

2.1 Where is my seatsub balance?

Seatsub balances where transferred over to SeatGeek on 29th February.

This balance will be available to pay towards your renewal. It won't be visible until you get to the payment page of your renewal.

Any seatsub credit you have earned since the 29th of February is still in the old system and will be transferred later.

2.2 How much is my seatsub balance?

Your available balance will be displayed at the payment stage.

You can check it by looking at your credit balance in the old system. This gives a history of credits and debits. If you had a credit balance at 29th February, there should be an Adjustment transaction for the amount transferred.

2.3 I'm on auto-renew, how can I use my seatsub credit?

You have to renew manually. Follow the instructions in the email about resetting your password and then click on the Renew Season Ticket link.

3 CCCS

3.1 When can I sign up for CCCS?

There is no need to do this immediately, deadline to sign up is October.

You can do it as you renew by ticking the box on the second renewal page. (But see Friends and Family below)

3.2 How can I sign up for CCCS?

You can do it by ticking the box as you renew your season ticket.

If you have already renewed, log back into renew.rangers.co.uk and click on the Enrol/Update CCCS link - it has a picture of the manager.

The menu item at the top 24/25 CCCS Enrolment doesn't seem to work.

3.3 Does CCCS auto-renew?

No. Even if your season ticket is on auto renew you have to enrol for CCCS manually.

4 Friends and Family.

4.1 Can I renew several tickets at once?

Yes, but there are limitations on CCCS sign up and Seatsub credit.

4.2 Not all my friends are on CCCS.

If you are renewing several tickets at once, and you click the box for CCCS all the tickets will be signed up for CCCS. If you don't want this, you will have to do the tickets individually.

4.3 Several of my friends have seatsub credit.

As far as I can see, you can only apply the seatsub credit of the account which is doing the renewal. If you need to apply more than one credit balance you will have to do them individually.

5 Payment Methods

5.1 How can I pay?

There are 2 payment methods Credit/Debit card single payment and 4 month direct debit.
The 4 payments are taken on the 1st of May, June, July, August.

5.2 What about the 10-month DD?

This appears only to be available to those who are already using it.
Great work. I'll let you know what the TO say about the 10 month option as my email advises I can still use it but there's no option on the ticketing site.

Anyone else unable to remove the £3 Rangerd Charity donation? I can't remove it before I proceed. I am not being forced to donate so can't pay for my tickets and redeem my credit balance.

Anyone else unable to remove the £3 Rangerd Charity donation? I can't remove it before I proceed. I am not being forced to donate so can't pay for my tickets and redeem my credit balance.
Just don't click on Donate and go to the next page. You will still see a deduction of £3 - but that's the admin fee not the charity donation.

I clicked on link in email. Took me to site where I had to slide to complete picture.
I did this and it told me I took 2.99 seconds, it suspected a robot and told me "you are blocked"

I clicked on link in email. Took me to site where I had to slide to complete picture.
I did this and it told me I took 2.99 seconds, it suspected a robot and told me "you are blocked"
Sounds like a Captcha thing. Are you using a VPN by any chance? Sometimes get it with that, some sites just use it routinely.

Simple thing is to just try again. Might need to clear cache/cookies before hand but give it a go.

Am I right in saying that we were given 4 days to use the seat sub credit and then it was lost. Just went on to my account and it says 0 credit. Not great to be honest, and feel like I've been robbed :rolleyes:

Am I right in saying that we were given 4 days to use the seat sub credit and then it was lost. Just went on to my account and it says 0 credit. Not great to be honest, and feel like I've been robbed :rolleyes:
It better not be, it wasn’t very clear on how to add it, emailed them as it never applied it told me tough, it better not be lost

My seat sub credit never appeared while renewing, I'm assuming I missed whatever deadline.
I renewed on Monday afternoon.

Apparently it was to carry forward. Mine wasn’t even showing at first for one of my cards. Luckily it sorted itself over the weekend or I’d have been out of pocket massively.

It’s a total joke that email going out on a Thursday night last week and giving people one working day to use credits, sort any issues etc

Apparently it was to carry forward. Mine wasn’t even showing at first for one of my cards. Luckily it sorted itself over the weekend or I’d have been out of pocket massively.

It’s a total joke that email going out on a Thursday night last week and giving people one working day to use credits, sort any issues etc
As per my post on the other ST renewal thread I asked the question of the T.O. and they confirmed that the 09.00 Monday deadline for using Seatsub credit ONLY applied to those on auto renewal / 4 monthly payments.....anyone else can use it any time before 3rd May renewal deadline
If you have any available credit it should appear at the Checkout stage where you will be given the option to click on a box to activate it.

As per my post on the other ST renewal thread I asked the question of the T.O. and they confirmed that the 09.00 Monday deadline for using Seatsub credit ONLY applied to those on auto renewal / 4 monthly payments.....anyone else can use it any time before 3rd May renewal deadline
If you have any available credit it should appear at the Checkout stage where you will be given the option to click on a box to activate it.
I can confirm this as I used my credit after the deadline and I'm not on auto renew

I’m glad this threads on, we’re getting driven nuts, try contacting anyone in person and your told Email only! We were in the area today and thought the TO would be open due to the STs, nope doesn’t open to Thursday. The recent shambles re Reset Password failed four times, so following day went over to TO waited the 65 minutes paid ST no word re Seat Sub. Contacted Ask Rangers was informed no Seatsub deducted, this is where it really gets mysterious the better half’s Seatsub is a fraction of mine, even though two Seatsubs were done at the same time? Also as we’re of a mature age lol! does that mean to say we don’t get any credit/refund to 24/25 season (could be deed). It’s a total shambles this year, thankfully I’ve contacted Greg Marshall.

No, you’re not right. Any unused SeatSub credit will simply roll over into next season.

The Monday deadline was simply a cut off for those on auto-renew to use it because their first payment is due on 1 May and they had to establish how much the payments would be after any SeatSub credit had been applied.

Back