Season Tickets 24/25 and Mygers discussion - no updates

Rubbish that wasn’t the original criteria or I would have stayed on CCS that bit came later.
It’s not rubbish though is it? It’s factually correct that since MyGers was introduced to be in priority group 1 you need to be a season ticket holder, enrolled on CCCS and a MyGers member. Sometimes it doesn’t sell out in group 1 and drops to the lower criteria

Which means that since the start of mygers you haven’t needed mygers, season ticket and cccs to get a semi final or final ticket.
No you needed that as it starts at group 1 maybe I worded it wrong

That game ended up at group 5 hence why you got a ticket - that due to the allocation the club got

Hibs 2021 ended up at Group 5 as well
Hearts 2023 ended up I think at Group 4

see post 198

No you needed that as it starts at group 1 maybe I worded it wrong

That game ended up at group 5 hence why you got a ticket - that due to the allocation the club got

Hibs 2021 ended up at Group 5 as well
Hearts 2023 ended up I think at Group 4

see post 198
Sorry I misread this one
-
Staunch blue 72 said:
Since the start of MyGers you have 100% needed a season ticket, MyGers and the CCCS for cup semi finals and finals

Thought it was saying it has never got out of Group 1.

Just having a look through the process from last seasons renewals to see what we can maybe expect this time round. Renewals opened on April 14th. Key dates for the process here: https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/season-ticket-2023-24-renewals-now-open/5fme57CIHEPj6ZNn8CkTZT

MyGers points update was done for April 27th last season and I believe it was these numbers that the renewal offer was made for 403 points (next update was in July after the process concluded)

The club confirmed on Jun 16th that season tickets were sold out with offers made to all those on 403 points: https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/season-2023-24-season-tickets-now-sold-out/4WWmRB8Vbat0KUAdGQ6dNv

Going by this logic. The next points update will be crucial for those on the waiting list. I should be on 502 by this point. Hopefully enough to make the cut.

Last edited:
Just having a look through the process from last seasons renewals to see what we can maybe expect this time round. Renewals opened on April 14th. Key dates for the process here: https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/season-ticket-2023-24-renewals-now-open/5fme57CIHEPj6ZNn8CkTZT

MyGers points update was done for April 27th last season and I believe it was these numbers that the renewal offer was made for 403 points (next update was in July after the process concluded)

The club confirmed on Jun 16th that season tickets were sold out with offers made to all those on 403 points: https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/season-2023-24-season-tickets-now-sold-out/4WWmRB8Vbat0KUAdGQ6dNv

Going by this logic. The next points update will be crucial for those on the waiting list. I should be on 497 by this point. Hopefully enough to make the cut.
I’d imagine less will go on sale though with the beasts allocation news from the other day? Folk getting punted from the broomloan to accommodate them will get choice of other ST seats that may have otherwise been on sale.

I’d imagine less will go on sale though with the beasts allocation news from the other day? Folk getting punted from the broomloan to accommodate them will get choice of other ST seats that may have otherwise been on sale.
Sadly that’s how I see it going. You may be lucky and get a non old firm season ticket offer as some people might spit the dummy and jack it in.

I need one for my young son but sadly he’s not going to make the cut again I don’t think. He’ll be somewhere just over 250 points.

Sadly that’s how I see it going. You may be lucky and get a non old firm season ticket offer as some people might spit the dummy and jack it in.

I need one for my young son but sadly he’s not going to make the cut again I don’t think. He’ll be somewhere just over 250 points.
Some might not bother with a non OF ST. I know back in the day those that had those got the choice of 1 out of 2 OF’s at Ibrox during the season so they got at least one. I’d prob go with one of those and then try to move after the season. Let’s see what the club come out with as all we’re doing now is speculating.

Going by this logic. The next points update will be crucial for those on the waiting list. I should be on 502 by this point. Hopefully enough to make the cut.
That is some very helpful digging.

While the news on the Old Firm allocations might change things, it's massive for me if the April points are used to offer on season tickets, due to what I'll lose this summer.

I am concerned that the threshold will be much higher than the 403 points of last year, as the demand for tickets is getting bigger than ever.

My hope remains that most of those with higher points than me already have a ST.

If its the only option available I'll take one that doesnt guarantee an OF ticket and then go on the waiting list for a transfer.

I dont really think that will mean less will go on sale, just that some of those available will be restricted by not being guaranteed an OF ticket.

One thing I do think is that there won't be any sale of OF tickets next season to non ST holders, only hope will be late seatsubs being made available.

Some might not bother with a non OF ST. I know back in the day those that had those got the choice of 1 out of 2 OF’s at Ibrox during the season so they got at least one. I’d prob go with one of those and then try to move after the season. Let’s see what the club come out with as all we’re doing now is speculating.
I cant see the appeal of a season ticket, where you get locked out of the 2 biggest games. Makes racking up mygers points for a season ticket feel a bit pointless.

I'll probably just save myself a fortune and just go the games I really want to go to, if they try to offer me a "non OF season ticket"

I cant see the appeal of a season ticket, where you get locked out of the 2 biggest games. Makes racking up mygers points for a season ticket feel a bit pointless.

I'll probably just save myself a fortune and just go the games I really want to go to, if they try to offer me a "non OF season ticket"
I think it'd be worth it for the MyGers points, but can understand your viewpoint as well

I think it'd be worth it for the MyGers points, but can understand your viewpoint as well
Your right, Its annoying but having simmered for 10 mins, I think for the ease of paying by direct debit, and being closer to getting a "full season ticket" I'd probably just take it.

Mygers for non ST holders, will be nothing but a tax to go on the season ticket waiting list, many wont pay that - they will need to think of new ways to incentivise what has been a good earner for the club.

Can anyone explain to me their reason g that the I ceased allocation will result in less season tickets available?

It’s my understanding that this allocation does not exceed the European allocation and those supporters affected by seat moves are still guaranteed a ticket somewhere else in the stadium. Why wouldn’t that be the case for Old Firm games?

Can anyone explain to me their reason g that the I ceased allocation will result in less season tickets available?

It’s my understanding that this allocation does not exceed the European allocation and those supporters affected by seat moves are still guaranteed a ticket somewhere else in the stadium. Why wouldn’t that be the case for Old Firm games?
They are not guaranteed otherwise the club wouldn't need to state the options given that i.e due the lack of availability seats elsewhere in the stadium

say there is 900-1000 STH in affected areas then you need to find seats clearly that isn't possible

For non-League there is more seat availability due to the uptake of STH in other areas not been 100% therefore every STH from the affected areas that wishes to attend can

For those looking for season ticket next season it will depend on renewal up take and what is available once the club look after any STH from the affected area that wish to move

They are not guaranteed otherwise the club wouldn't need to state the options given that i.e due the lack of availability seats elsewhere in the stadium

say there is 900-1000 STH in affected areas then you need to find seats clearly that isn't possible

For non-League there is more seat availability due to the uptake of STH in other areas not been 100% therefore every STH from the affected areas that wishes to attend can

For those looking for season ticket next season it will depend on renewal up take and what is available once the club look after any STH from the affected area that wish to move
Either I’ve missed your point, not explained myself correctly or you’ve misunderstood.

Are you saying that season ticket holders in areas that are used for European allocations are not guaranteed a seat via seat mover?

Either I’ve missed your point, not explained myself correctly or you’ve misunderstood.

Are you saying that season ticket holders in areas that are used for European allocations are not guaranteed a seat via seat mover?
Possibly it could happen that some might miss if they ever had 100% uptake outwith the affected areas and everyone in it wanted to buy but that is never has happened

There would no additional sales outwith season ticket holders if it did

The fact the club have told those affected that they can stay in their current seat/s but pay for 17 games proves that there isn't enough available seats to be moved to for a League game

Last edited:
Anyone know how I could check how long I've been on CCS? Would it be marked on your order history? And if so, what would it be called? Had a look through earlier and couldn't see anything that clearly identified it. Although I am currently on it (excluding friendlies).

Anyone know how I could check how long I've been on CCS? Would it be marked on your order history? And if so, what would it be called? Had a look through earlier and couldn't see anything that clearly identified it. Although I am currently on it (excluding friendlies).

For the 18/19 and 19/20 season it will show in the loyalty points.

The below is for the 19/20 season.

PRIORITY FOR SEMI-FINALS &14/11/2019SCH/ EME/ POIN/ TN/A50

Not sure how you check for the seasons afterwards, as you didn’t get points for being on the CCCS

Am I mistaken that you need MyGers to be offered a season ticket? Or is it simply on points amassed, whether you have MyGers or not?

Possibly it could happen that some might miss if they ever had 100% uptake outwith the affected areas and everyone in it wanted to buy but that is never has happened

There would no additional sales outwith season ticket holders if it did

The fact the club have told those affected that they can stay in their current seat/s but pay for 17 games proves that there isn't enough available seats to be moved to for a League game
I don’t see how it proves that given the allocation is similar for European games. Is it not more likely that the club intends to sell seats that would have been earmarked for seat movers as hospitality?

I know it amounts to the same outcome - season ticket holders who don’t get access to Old Firm games but to me that’s not a direct consequence of the increased allocation.

We have 46000 season ticket holders. The new allocation won’t impact on any of our season ticket holders being able to attend the Old Firm games. It’ll simply be a move of seat that will impact.

We have 46000 season ticket holders. The new allocation won’t impact on any of our season ticket holders being able to attend the Old Firm games. It’ll simply be a move of seat that will impact.
45,172 ST's were sold up until June 2023. Might have been more this season though.

I don’t see how it proves that given the allocation is similar for European games. Is it not more likely that the club intends to sell seats that would have been earmarked for seat movers as hospitality?

I know it amounts to the same outcome - season ticket holders who don’t get access to Old Firm games but to me that’s not a direct consequence of the increased allocation.
Because there is difference in the amount of available seats

A non League game sees more due to the uptake of other STH sales are not 100%

Say there 1200 STH in the affected area then club have to find 1200 seats and isn't possible in a League game but is in a non-League game but even at that out say that 1200 not everyone will attend an non-League game

If they intend to sell as hospitality then that is the club's choice

Yes they are

5581-FEBF-AEAD-4261-9-A56-21833-B0-B2048.jpg

Last edited:
What is your point, that the cost of everything is going through the roof, it's not just football tickets that are high
Without trawling back the thread you said prices will rightly go up 5 or 10%.

I stated that prices are all ready top end for the product and used the hibs match at the weekend as an example. No one mentioned the cost of living.

Yes they are

5581-FEBF-AEAD-4261-9-A56-21833-B0-B2048.jpg
That’s clear, so those impacted can either take a ST with no Celtic games included and then get priority to purchase both (probably before MyGers get a chance) OR relocate.

Seems fair enough. Probably spells the end of the OF MyGers sale from next year onwards unless the club reduce the amount going to hospitality and sponsors.

The club used to do this years ago when we were full stand allocations and sell season tickets without the Celtic games included. Then those ST’s got a choice to purchase one out of the two home OF’s every year.

That’s clear, so those impacted can either take a ST with no Celtic games included and then get priority to purchase both (probably before MyGers get a chance) OR relocate.

Seems fair enough. Probably spells the end of the OF MyGers sale from next year onwards unless the club reduce the amount going to hospitality and sponsors.

The club used to do this years ago when we were full stand allocations and sell season tickets without the Celtic games included. Then those ST’s got a choice to purchase one out of the two home OF’s every year.
But not everyone is guaranteed a ticket only priority over maybe as you say MyGers the more that stay with option 1 it will became harder too get one as well

Can't see them reduce hospitality/sponsors allocations

Think your 527 total be as good as of shout as any on the waiting list

No real way of telling, depends how many renew
I've no chance then, no matter how hard I try. Age is not on my side, nor is the waiting list. If I rely on tickets from outside the ticket office, I am further off the radar and can't get the necessary points.
But how do ticket sales work? When it shows you some are available, you still can't buy them.
Ps how we fixed for Sunday

But not everyone is guaranteed a ticket only priority over maybe as you say MyGers the more that stay with option 1 it will became harder too get one as well

Can't see them reduce hospitality/sponsors allocations
The other thing that the club might do to free up some OF allocation if they need to is to not include the OF in any kids ST's in the Broomloan Rear. I could see them doing something like that for the family stand to sort that issue out as well (of having folk who are now too old in there). It's all speculation at this stage but I'm sure the club will work something out to sort everyone out. My main concern is that there will be no access to ST's from those on the waiting list this summer. However, it sounds like there will be a lot of seat moves as we will have those in the Copland who may not want to stay there when the singing section moves there next season. Plus there is the extension to the upper tier etc.

The other thing that the club might do to free up some OF allocation if they need to is to not include the OF in any kids ST's in the Broomloan Rear. I could see them doing something like that for the family stand to sort that issue out as well (of having folk who are now too old in there). It's all speculation at this stage but I'm sure the club will work something out to sort everyone out. My main concern is that there will be no access to ST's from those on the waiting list this summer. However, it sounds like there will be a lot of seat moves as we will have those in the Copland who may not want to stay there when the singing section moves there next season. Plus there is the extension to the upper tier etc.
Yeah I can't many getting a ST next season from the waiting list unless the renewal uptake is a lot less which I don't see happening

Certainly going to be an interesting time that is for sure

Back