Sergio Ramos

I like Real, but Ramos is an absolute prick of a guy to be honest.
He's a good player, but the cheating far outweighs all the good.
One day, someone will have had enough of him and will go through him. Would love to see him up against someone like The Magnificent Bastard...then he'd really have something to roll around on the floor about.

Absolute rubbish. Why do people feel the need to lie?

You see here Ramos grabs Salah’s arm. The way he holds on and deliberately falls on his arm also dispels any thoughts of him not meaning to injure Salah.

Bunkum.
A fifth dan Karate or Judo black belt couldn’t have engineered that result.

You still trying to peddle this pish. Liverpool beat city Home and away. They didn’t need any luck. Sané was offside at Anfield. Marginally offside is still offside. They did get the break with the Salah offside. In the second leg Milner didn’t intentionally play the ball, so offside was the correct decision. Ottamendi should also have been sent off and wasn’t. They lost fairly and squarely.

It’s not pish, they were extremely fortunate with big calls at big moments and if it had been reversed you’d have been on here greetin’ like a wean like you were after the final and any game Liverpool lose. Everyone on here knows it, your post match meltdown was spectacular even by your standards mwuhaha.

By the way, it was pathetic the way Liverpool crumbled when Salah went off, from right on the front foot to right on the back foot. Mark of a shitey one man team.

A player you would like to have in your team, loathsome or not.

I say that and I fucking hate the cheats/play actors that ruin the game.

It’s not pish, they were extremely fortunate with big calls at big moments and if it had been reversed you’d have been on here greetin’ like a wean like you were after the final and any game Liverpool lose. Everyone on here knows it, your post match meltdown was spectacular even by your standards mwuhaha.

By the way, it was pathetic the way Liverpool crumbled when Salah went off, from right on the front foot to right on the back foot. Mark of a shitey one man team.
Nonsense. It was a big blow to lose Salah and they were on top at the time. Every side has players that would be a big blow to lose. Firmino and Mané got 10 each in the tournament so hardly a one man team.

Big moments went against Liverpool - losing Salah, ref failing to do his job as far as Ramos was concerned and poor goalkeeping errors. Liverpool were out on their feet by the final, Lallana, Can and Oxlade Chamberlaine injuries (although the first two were available but nothing like match fit) meant they couldn’t rotate at the end of the season and keep players fresh. It was clear on the night they were overran in the middle once they had to rely on an unfit player who has barely played all season.

Your inference that Liverpool got lucky or didn’t somehow deserve to get to the final is just rubbish. Things didn’t go for them on the night but they will strengthen the squad, hopefully add a decent keeper and they will be back.

Bunkum.
A fifth dan Karate or Judo black belt couldn’t have engineered that result.
A player falling to the ground naturally puts their hands out to break their fall, they don’t hold the opponents arm all the way to the ground and then fall onto it and roll with all their bodyweight. He didn’t know he would put Salah out of the game but his intention was to hurt him. There is no doubt about it.

FFS, is this STILL rumbling on.

The referee should have given Liverpool - who I agree were on top at the time - a free-kick for Ramos fouling Salah.

That's it. Nothing more. End of story.

This absolute nonsense about the guy deliberately setting out to hurt him or, even more laughably, setting out to knowingly break his arm or dislocate his shoulder, is beyond parody. If it was the Dhims we would be rolling in the aisles laughing at them and, quite honestly, that's about all the guys peddling this shit deserve.

The referee should have given Liverpool - who I agree were on top at the time - a free-kick for Ramos fouling Salah.

This absolute nonsense about the guy deliberately setting out to hurt him or, even more laughably, setting out to knowingly break his arm or dislocate his shoulder, is beyond parody. If it was the Dhims we would be rolling in the aisles laughing at them and, quite honestly, that's about all the guys peddling this shit deserve.

It's hilarious, and actually quite entertaining :D :D

You see here Ramos grabs Salah’s arm. The way he holds on and deliberately falls on his arm also dispels any thoughts of him not meaning to injure Salah.

Calm yerself

All I'm saying is Salah grabbed onto Ramos arm first obviously no malice in that but thats not my point all I said was he grabbed Ramos first which I think you can see clearly in the video below.

I'm not disputing Ramos holding on to Salah's arm when falling, Ramos knew exactly what he was doing

[media]

Nonsense. It was a big blow to lose Salah and they were on top at the time. Every side has players that would be a big blow to lose. Firmino and Mané got 10 each in the tournament so hardly a one man team.

Big moments went against Liverpool - losing Salah, ref failing to do his job as far as Ramos was concerned and poor goalkeeping errors. Liverpool were out on their feet by the final, Lallana, Can and Oxlade Chamberlaine injuries (although the first two were available but nothing like match fit) meant they couldn’t rotate at the end of the season and keep players fresh. It was clear on the night they were overran in the middle once they had to rely on an unfit player who has barely played all season.

Your inference that Liverpool got lucky or didn’t somehow deserve to get to the final is just rubbish. Things didn’t go for them on the night but they will strengthen the squad, hopefully add a decent keeper and they will be back.

Only to you as a diehard Liverpool fan. To people with no horse in that race, it was Liverpool’s arse collapsing and confidence draining because they lost one player. And if I had any horse in that race it’d have been Liverpool because I wanted them to win.

Sorry fella, but you were livid early last season because Sane was sent off for having his studs head height when Ederson charged off his line. That alone perfectly demonstrates your capacity for viewing absolutely everything through red specs. It’s another one where, had it gone the other way, you’d have been been assuring us the correct decision had been made because it was dangerous play.

Ps, Karius is shite, everyone and their granny knew he was shite before the CL final, same with Mignolet. That wasn’t bad luck, that was your manager’s blatant stupidity in failing to deal with a glaring deficiency in the side. I think he’s a great coach, but he fùcked that up and it came back to bite him at the worst possible time.

I think you should switch the lights on because we are not in the 70s the guy is probably the best
central defender of his generation.

I wish we had a defender of his stature.

Ramos would have more red cards than Ryan Jack by now if he played in Scotland. As for his endless play acting and holding his face pretending to have been elbowed, look what the mhedia did to big Kyle after his incident with Mulgrew at Ibrox against Aberdeen.

A player you need to do before he does you, a face I would love to glibly console with “sorry mate I didn’t mean to break you....I got there as quick as I could” lol

Not a fan of Madrid or Ramos , dirty bassa of a player but very good at what he does , I suppose his record speaks for itself

A player falling to the ground naturally puts their hands out to break their fall, they don’t hold the opponents arm all the way to the ground and then fall onto it and roll with all their bodyweight. He didn’t know he would put Salah out of the game but his intention was to hurt him. There is no doubt about it.
This is not correct.
Actually, in some areas, you are encouraged not to use your limbs to break a fall.
You may recall a goal scored by Hateley who couldn't stay on his feet as he moved on to celebrate he allowed his upper body to take the hit and he rolled over on his shoulder, funnily enough, and got straight back up again.
As i think of it, I'm not sure if, when players are fouled, that they break their fall using the easiest bones in your body to break.

Not a fan of Madrid or Ramos , dirty bassa of a player but very good at what he does , I suppose his record speaks for itself
Ask yourself if you'd like the Rangers centre backs to be as determined, uncompromising and ruthless.

This is not correct.
Actually, in some areas, you are encouraged not to use your limbs to break a fall.
You may recall a goal scored by Hateley who couldn't stay on his feet as he moved on to celebrate he allowed his upper body to take the hit and he rolled over on his shoulder, funnily enough, and got straight back up again.
As i think of it, I'm not sure if, when players are fouled, that the break their fall using the easiest bones in your body to break.
Mate, come on. Only in the school of cuuntishness are you taught to do what Ramos did. You are never taught to use your opponent in the way Ramos did in any course. You are trying to defend the indefensible I’m afraid. Locking hold of your opponent’s arm and then using you body weight to first fall onto then roll your opponent is a deliberate attempt to harm the player. There is no other reasonable explanation for Ramos doing what he did. Thankfully it’s not something you see other players doing often.

That’s before you then see Ramos laughing about what’s he has done. Those are the actions of a cuunt, not an honest pro and that’s why there will be no tears for Ramos if someone does him a bad one.

Then you have the off the ball elbow on the keeper, not anywhere near the ball.

There’s nothing admirable about any of it and rather than fans laughing it off and seeing him as some pantomime villain, ask yourself why he was allowed to get away with it all and what your view will be when it next happens to Rangers (not by Ramos but a scumbag like Brown or Griffiths, because that’s who he is like).

Only to you as a diehard Liverpool fan. To people with no horse in that race, it was Liverpool’s arse collapsing and confidence draining because they lost one player. And if I had any horse in that race it’d have been Liverpool because I wanted them to win.

Sorry fella, but you were livid early last season because Sane was sent off for having his studs head height when Ederson charged off his line. That alone perfectly demonstrates your capacity for viewing absolutely everything through red specs. It’s another one where, had it gone the other way, you’d have been been assuring us the correct decision had been made because it was dangerous play.

Ps, Karius is shite, everyone and their granny knew he was shite before the CL final, same with Mignolet. That wasn’t bad luck, that was your manager’s blatant stupidity in failing to deal with a glaring deficiency in the side. I think he’s a great coach, but he fùcked that up and it came back to bite him at the worst possible time.

You sure about that?

The reason I was annoyed at the outcome on the Mané call was because it was only dangerous play due to the keeper going in with his head, ie the keeper’s actions outwith of Mané’s control. Mané had eyes only for the ball and wouldn’t have seen the keeper, due to their respective approaches to the ball (they weren’t running straight on at each other, more at 45 degrees to each other) until they collided. It was a genuine attempt at the ball. That’s why for me it was a yellow. The same cannot be said of Ramos, the ball was nowhere near and he knew that he wanted to leave one on Salah.

Deliberately holding your man as he did is a yellow card offence. No ifs buts or maybes. The deliberate elbow on the keeper or feigning injury as he embarrassingly did in the clip I have posted should have brought a second yellow. The only thing beyond parody is people ignoring the laws of the game and expecting the kind to of preferentially treatment Madrid got. That’s what the tims do.

Just because you don’t like Liverpool doesn’t means the laws should not apply.

You sure about that?

The reason I was annoyed at the outcome on the Mané call was because it was only dangerous play due to the keeper going in with his head, ie the keeper’s actions outwith of Mané’s control. Mané had eyes only for the ball and wouldn’t have seen the keeper, due to their respective approaches to the ball (they weren’t running straight on at each other, more at 45 degrees to each other) until they collided. It was a genuine attempt at the ball. That’s why for me it was a yellow. The same cannot be said of Ramos, the ball was nowhere near and he knew that he wanted to leave one on Salah.

The Mane challenge was 100x worse than the Ramos tackle mate. You do yourself no favours when you say some of the stuff you do.

The Mane challenge was 100x worse than the Ramos tackle mate. You do yourself no favours when you say some of the stuff you do.
The collision ended up looking serious and the keeper was injured, which is why Mané got the card but Mané was genuinely attempting to play the ball. The keeper was the one jumping forward to try and get there first and he went in with his head bowed.

Mané didn’t set out to injure the player. He didn’t even see him as he was running diagonally across the pitch, while the keeper was rushing straight out. The only thing that made it ‘dangerous play’ was the keeper going in head first. Some of the posts on here make it sound as if Mane’s jumped in on the keeper or made no attempt on the ball, which is simply untrue.

Ramos, on the other hand, deliberately instigated contact and hauled the man down, in no attempt to play the ball.

The collision ended up looking serious and the keeper was injured, which is why Mané got the card but Mané was genuinely attempting to play the ball. The keeper was the one jumping forward to try and get there first and he went in with his head bowed.

Mané didn’t set out to injure the player. He didn’t even see him as he was running diagonally across the pitch, while the keeper was rushing straight out. The only thing that made it ‘dangerous play’ was the keeper going in head first. Some of the posts on here make it sound as if Mane’s jumped in on the keeper or made no attempt on the ball, which is simply untrue.

Ramos, on the other hand, deliberately instigated contact and hauled the man down, in no attempt to play the ball.

Mane studded the keeper in the head ffs. Have a word with yourself. The Mane challenge was accidental but it was a shocker that could’ve caused a serious injury.

Ramos pulled Salah down and the way he landed his shoulder popped. They could have that same contact another hundred times and Salah would get up and walk away from it each time.

Deliberately holding your man as he did is a yellow card offence. No ifs buts or maybes. The deliberate elbow on the keeper or feigning injury as he embarrassingly did in the clip I have posted should have brought a second yellow. The only thing beyond parody is people ignoring the laws of the game and expecting the kind to of preferentially treatment Madrid got. That’s what the tims do.

Just because you don’t like Liverpool doesn’t means the laws should not apply.

Two 'nothing' incidents. I'm sure I could go through the entire game viewing it from that perspective and find at least 1 - if not more - Liverpool players who merited further action, possibly leading to red cards.

It's the same in every single game of football - as you well know. We bleat and we moan about the things that go against us and willingly ignore the things that go in our favour. That's football - and, yes, I do understand the irony that if we get a repeat of the Beaton fiasco against Hibs at Ibrox I will be one of the first to bleat about it.o_O

Talk to some of your rival fans down there and they will tell you 'big' teams like Liverpool get all the decisions - just as fans of the diddy clubs up here will tell you that Rangers and the Dhims get all the decisions. Maybe in Kiev the 'big' team got the decisions and the 'diddy' team didn't?;)

You're right, I don't like Liverpool - the football team, the city, the people. That comes from a variety of things in my past that don't belong on a football forum. C'est la vie.

I personally don't think he is dirty. He is very clever player however I don't like the way he goes down rolls around looking for players to be punished that for me loses him points but in terms of defending he is up there with the best excellent at the back real leader and a threat going forward. Anyone saying they wouldn't take him are liars or Liverpool fans lol

Best defender in the world, if he was playing for Liverpool last week they would have won the champions league

Surely you don’t actually believe he purposely tried to cause injury to him

With the list of honours this guy has, he has to be up there as an all time great

The guy is not everyone's cup of tea but what a defender

Might possibly be the dirtiest player of his generation,but would walk into any team in the world

He's the kind of guy who'd unplug your life support machine to charge his mobile phone.

Two 'nothing' incidents. I'm sure I could go through the entire game viewing it from that perspective and find at least 1 - if not more - Liverpool players who merited further action, possibly leading to red cards.

It's the same in every single game of football - as you well know. We bleat and we moan about the things that go against us and willingly ignore the things that go in our favour. That's football - and, yes, I do understand the irony that if we get a repeat of the Beaton fiasco against Hibs at Ibrox I will be one of the first to bleat about it.o_O

Talk to some of your rival fans down there and they will tell you 'big' teams like Liverpool get all the decisions - just as fans of the diddy clubs up here will tell you that Rangers and the Dhims get all the decisions. Maybe in Kiev the 'big' team got the decisions and the 'diddy' team didn't?;)

You're right, I don't like Liverpool - the football team, the city, the people. That comes from a variety of things in my past that don't belong on a football forum. C'est la vie.

I’m sorry but that’s rubbish. Ramos deliberately injured Salah. He may not have known he would put him out of the game but he knew he would at least leave one on him. The incident was deliberate, not an accident or a mistimed tackle. The actions of a cheating shitebag.

And you choose to ignore/trivialise a potential red card challenge for a completely off the ball elbow that has seen Karius fly to the US for scans.

What are your thoughts on his deliberately getting Mané booked after he went down clutching his face when Mané was not only behind him but about 2-3 yards away.

I couldn’t care less if you like Liverpool or not but don’t just make up shite because of it.

I’m sorry but that’s rubbish. Ramos deliberately injured Salah. He may not have known he would put him out of the game but he knew he would at least leave one on him. The incident was deliberate, not an accident or a mistimed tackle. The actions of a cheating shitebag.

And you choose to ignore/trivialise a potential red card challenge for a completely off the ball elbow that has seen Karius fly to the US for scans.

What are your thoughts on his deliberately getting Mané booked after he went down clutching his face when Mané was not only behind him but about 2-3 yards away.

I couldn’t care less if you like Liverpool or not but don’t just make up shite because of it.

Repeatedly stating Ramos ‘deliberately injured’ Salah renders everything else you have to say in the subject irrelevant. Further backed up by the ridiculous notion that you now appear to be suggesting he deliberately injured Karius as well. Take a read of the thread on that topic and see the general feeling on that nonsense as well.

You got beaten. Nothing is going to change that.

Oh, and for the record, it was you who introduced my dislike of all things Liverpool and not me.

Repeatedly stating Ramos ‘deliberately injured’ Salah renders everything else you have to say in the subject irrelevant. Further backed up by the ridiculous notion that you now appear to be suggesting he deliberately injured Karius as well. Take a read of the thread on that topic and see the general feeling on that nonsense as well.

You got beaten. Nothing is going to change that.

Oh, and for the record, it was you who introduced my dislike of all things Liverpool and not me.
The tv images show what happened in both incidents. You can ignore it all you want but it’s there to see. I have posted the links so you or anyone else can see it with their own eyes.

Are we supposed to believe that Ramos was somehow going for the ball when he locked arms with Salah, brought him to the ground, fell on his arm with his full bodyweight and rolled him? Or how about when he jumped into the goalkeeper leading with his elbow, ensuring it connected with Karius head while the ball was 5- 10 yards away. Was that just an accident?

How about when he dived holding his face when the opponent who was booked for fouling him was 2-3 yards away and behind him.

It strikes me as odd that the unlucky Ramos who, according to you, just keeps accidentally colliding innocently with opponents, managed to ironically get a player booked for the one time he was lucky enough to not accidentally collide with his opponent.

You see, the facts are clear. The man is a cheating bast@rd, however much you to choose to ignore it or dress it up. That is all.

The tv images show what happened in both incidents. You can ignore it all you want but it’s there to see. I have posted the links so you or anyone else can see it with their own eyes.

Are we supposed to believe that Ramos was somehow going for the ball when he locked arms with Salah, brought him to the ground, fell on his arm with his full bodyweight and rolled him? Or how about when he jumped into the goalkeeper leading with his elbow, ensuring it connected with Karius head while the ball was 5- 10 yards away. Was that just an accident?

How about when he dived holding his face when the opponent who was booked for fouling him was 2-3 yards away and behind him.

It strikes me as odd that the unlucky Ramos who, according to you, just keeps accidentally colliding innocently with opponents, managed to ironically get a player booked for the one time he was lucky enough to not accidentally collide with his opponent.

You see, the facts are clear. The man is a cheating bast@rd, however much you to choose to ignore it or dress it up. That is all.

Dear oh dear, what a rant.

If you take the time to read what I have said in this and other threads you will note that I have consistently stated that I thought the referee should have given a foul for his tackle on Salah. A foul. No red. No yellow.

Your brain is clearly frazzled on this matter.

That is, indeed, all.:rolleyes:

A beast of a defender who every team worth their salt would love to have
One of the greatest defenders ever

Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos says an initial "arm grab" by Mohamed Salah led to the Liverpool forward's injury in the Champions League final.

Salah, 25, left the field in tears with a shoulder injury and has since had surgery on the problem.

Spaniard Ramos also collided with Reds goalkeeper Loris Karius, who suffered concussion in the 3-1 defeat in Kiev.

"I am only missing Roberto Firmino saying he got a cold because a drop of my sweat landed on him," said Ramos.

Ramos also claimed Salah could have played on in the match "if he got an injection for the second half
:)

He's the best centre back in the modern era. I'm counting the modern era as this century. You could have him in an all time argument as well.

He's got absolutely everything. Pace, positionally brilliant, dominant in the air, great tackling, imposes himself physically on any type of striker and a threat in the opposition penalty box too. Add to that he's as cynical and ruthless as anyone to have played the game and you have a complete centre back.

It's like someone has taken the maddest bits of Montero who played for Juve and added it to all the best bits of Cannavaro and put them in Sergio Ramos shaped body.

Any football fan in their right mind would kill for a centre back like that in their team.

Great post Eric. Best CB in the world, bar none. Love him.

One of the greatest players of all time, can defend, tackle, good in the air, good on the ball, cynical as %^*&, scores important goals and above all, will do absolutely anything to win at any and all costs and now it seems like he also stookied the Liverpool goalkeeper resulting in the first goal. Fantastic.

If I could pick any player in the world today to come to Rangers for one year I'd pick him, even ahead of Messi.

Not much of a singer but I'd be prepared to overlook that.

And one of the fastest players alive today. Add to that, a devout church goer and stalwart of Castilian Spain and outspoken fan of bullfighting, most of which I reckon he does to noise up everyone else. Bravo!

Back