Sima Is Training Individually

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be huge if either Sima or Matondo could make it.

We will be so easy to play against if we go there with no one who is a threat in behind. Silva and Dessers don’t have the legs to stretch their defence or the hold up play for us to feed off of.

Assume you’re dropping Sterling and Silva. I’d probably start Sima on the left and keep Sterling on the right even if Matondo is fit.

No, Sterling in midfield with Lundstram and Diomande.
And I’d be tempted to go with Silva ahead of Dessers, too.

Actually, scrap that, right now, if Matondo and Sima are fit, I’m thinking a 4-1-3-2:

Matondo Sima

Raskin Diomande Sterling
Lundstram

Yilmaz Souttar Balogun Tavernier

Butland

Ooft. If we could get Sima fit enough to start, that would be ideal for me and solve a few selection issues.

Drop Sterling back to solid midfield 3 with Lundstrum and Dio. Sima on the right, Silva on the left. Means that Cantwell drops out but purely for Tactical reasons and would be decent option off the bench.
"Purely for tactical reasons" he should be dropped for his rotten performances in every old firm game tbh.

Understand what you’re saying, but the alternative options aren’t that great.

We need to have a go at them. It’s the only way to get a victory.
Teams who have caused them the most problems have sat in tight to start with.

Silva just had one of his better games for us yesterday - I think he'll start no matter who is fit.

Can't see Sima making it sadly. Matondo from the bench would be a good option to have.

Hope Saturday can buck the trend but just feel it never works out well bringing guys back from being out to play them.

Teams who have caused them the most problems have sat in tight to start with.
Don’t trust our back line to be able to do that. If they manage an early goal again, then we are chasing.

We need to take the game to them IMO.

He does, but we don’t have anyone who can protect Tav. Having a right side of McCausland and Tav would kill us defensively in an area they already target. Sima and Tav, with Sterling in the middle though…
It's sad that we need someone defensive Infront of our eight back and captain to "protect" him.

No, Sterling in midfield with Lundstram and Diomande.
And I’d be tempted to go with Silva ahead of Dessers, too.

Actually, scrap that, right now, if Matondo and Sima are fit, I’m thinking a 4-1-3-2:

Matondo Sima

Raskin Diomande Sterling
Lundstram

Yilmaz Souttar Balogun Tavernier

Butland
I highly doubt he’s going to experiment with formation.

If Sima and Matondo are fit I’d go with:

Butland
Tavernier
Balogun
Souttar
Ridvan
Lundstram
Diomande
Sima
Cantwell
Sterling
Silva (although Clement will likely go with Dessers).

Last edited:
We need someone who can carry the ball beyond the Scum defence it’s not Silva,Sima causes them a lot of concern some result if we can get him involved against them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back