Sima out, Matondo doubtful, Yilmaz to return to training next week

Two weeks but hopes to have him back this season (29 days until the cup final) doesn’t sound promising.
Assume he means he'll be back in full training in a couple of weeks and given he wasn't fully back up to speed from his previous injury, best case scenario will probably be back for last league game, or maybe the cup final. And his parent club may not want us risking that, or of we're buying him, we may not want to risk it.

Shambles every week with this mob.

Every week we are getting guys back and then they are out again 2 weeks later.

For those wanting us to spend big to bring in Sima on a full time contract, the guy's been injured more often than not during his time here.

Our physios and docs must be the hardest working medical team in world football.

For all the damage Beale done before October to our prospects, if we fall short this season it will have been injuries that done the most damage. The sheer volume, length of time out and later recurrences for the affected players has been unparalleled.

Other than Dessers not a single attacking player in our squad hasn’t spent time in the treatment room. Sima, Matondo, Cortes, Wright, Diomande, Lawrence, McCausland, Cantwell, Matondo, Danilo and Roofe.

How can any team maintain a level of consistency in the face of that?

When Yilmaz got injured we were told it was nothing to worry about, a week or two and he was 50/50 for the game v them. How many weeks is it now? 6 or thereabouts? I'm sick of this season's never ending tale of woe re injuries. Three seasons of this shit we've had too

Ah well, just going to have to muddle through. Not like we're not accustomed to it by now.

Interesting Clement said last week they've figured out the root cause of the injury issues. Hopefully something we've got a firmer handle on next season. This past few years have been utterly soul destroying. Literally every single exciting or important player has been crocked at some point.

I
When Yilmaz got injured we were told it was nothing to worry about, a week or two and he was 50/50 for the game v them. How many weeks is it now? 6 or thereabouts? I'm sick of this season's never ending tale of woe re injuries. Three seasons of this shit we've had too
Its that embarrassing the management need to lie to the support on behalf of the crocks.

"And we can go live to Auchenowie"

fail-obstacle.gif

Give it a rest ffs.
He doesn't choose to be injured, he'll be absolutely gutted.

The injuries will likely have cost us a treble this season. Jack, Ridvan, Danilo, Cortes and Sima. Very, very unlucky.
Fucking geez peace.
You talking to?
Any sensible Rangers fan will be glad to see the back of him.
A waste of time for a while and most folk on here saw he shouldn't have got a new contract.
Another one on here 2 minutes and thinks he's a ticket.

Sima is done for the season. (not sure Id sign him given the last 4 months and the big fee)
Ridvan won’t be seen again in a Rangers shirt.
Matondo will maybe go in summer.
Is Ryan Jack still playing football????

The Yilmaz one is a gutter, will be lucky to be back for Old Firm.

The forward planning of going into the season with only an injury prone Yilmaz and Borna to play left back was bonkers and could be the difference between a league title.
He was hopeful of being back for the last one. Most likely won't be ready until we play them in the Scottish Cup final

Fucking geez peace.
You talking to?
Any sensible Rangers fan will be glad to see the back of him.
A waste of time for a while and most folk on here saw he shouldn't have got a new contract.
Another one on here 2 minutes and thinks he's a ticket.

Lol, internet hard-man :))

Any sensible Rangers fan will be disappointed with Ryan's injury problems, and the fact he's missing key games.

Only the fukin idiots will be saying 'thank fuk'.

You fall into the latter category.

See for all the talk about mentality and form elsewhere in the team, some of which is valid, you're not going to win anything starting key games with guys like Silva, Wright and Dessers.

That's the forward line we had for the Celtic and Benfica games. It's simply just woefully short of quality.

Any sensible Rangers fan will be disappointed with Ryan's injury problems, and the fact he's missing key games.

I don't think saying thank %^*& we won't be seeing Ryan Jack next season makes anyone an idiot.

He's totally done. Delighted he won't be our problem come the summer.

What's that, 6 weeks Yilmaz has been injured?

Another who can go in the summer, injured all the fucking time.
He goes and plays in a meaningless friendly. Quite clearly being aware of his past injury record and the injury jinx we have at the club.
He starts the match alongside 21 other players... Yet as ever it's our player that gets injured and the 'knock' turns out to be a long lay off.

We've maybe got to consider a change of formation. We simply don't have any quality in the wide options we have. Even try a 2 up top or something.
Butland
Tav Balogun Souttar Barisic
Sterling Lunny Diomande
Cantwell
Dessers Roofe

Sima missed 43 games (181 days) at Stoke due to injury, I don't mind someone being injury prone if they aren't our player and are so clear of anyone else we have, still been a good signing.

I do wonder whether it would be a wise buy if we were somehow able to, we can't afford to have our biggest asset out for 3+ months every season.

The rest have very little credit in the bank to justify crippling the clubs finances, most we signed permanently knowing they were injury prone.

Sima missed 43 games (181 days) at Stoke due to injury, I don't mind someone being injury prone if they aren't our player and are so clear of anyone else we have, still been a good signing.

I do wonder whether it would be a wise buy if we were somehow able to, we can't afford to have our biggest asset out for 3+ months every season.

The rest have very little credit in the bank to justify crippling the clubs finances.
What was that injury/injuries?

Not an Internet hardman.
You're the one name calling.
Just to reiterate, thank %^*& he won't be here next season.
Waste of money for years.

I rate Sima very highly but its becoming a joke how often he gets injured now and before in his career.

7 million can be spent better elsewhere.

Comical. Medical department should all be fired after the shambles of this season.

Play Barisic or Fraser LB and Sterling out wide please.

Here’s the scorecard on some of our players appearances ( not necessarily starts) who could reasonably be considered in the starter pool. Of course there would be some overlap but you get the general point -

Yilmaz 28/53
Davies 12/53
Jack 22/53
Lawrence 29/53
Dowell 15/53
Raskin 26/53
Danilo 21/53
Matondo 30/53
Roofe 22/53

For all the damage Beale done before October to our prospects, if we fall short this season it will have been injuries that done the most damage. The sheer volume, length of time out and later recurrences for the affected players has been unparalleled.

Other than Dessers not a single attacking player in our squad hasn’t spent time in the treatment room. Sima, Matondo, Cortes, Wright, Diomande, Lawrence, McCausland, Cantwell, Matondo, Danilo and Roofe.

How can any team maintain a level of consistency in the face of that?
Do any of the players you’ve listed strike you as being particularly robust / powerful? They don’t to me.

There’s a serious failure of recruitment to suit the demands of this club. Playing in an overly physical league and having to rack up 50odd games a season.

We need proper units

Here’s the scorecard on some of our players appearances ( not necessarily starts) who could reasonably be considered in the starter pool. Of course there would be some overlap but you get the general point -

Yilmaz 28/53
Davies 12/53
Jack 22/53
Lawrence 29/53
Dowell 15/53
Raskin 26/53
Danilo 21/53
Matondo 30/53
Roofe 22/53
That's pathetic.

I don't think saying thank %^*& we won't be seeing Ryan Jack next season makes anyone an idiot.

He's totally done. Delighted he won't be our problem come the summer.

He didn't say next season, he said thank fuk we'll never see him again.

Not an Internet hardman.
You're the one name calling.
Just to reiterate, thank %^*& he won't be here next season.
Waste of money for years.

Now you've added next season.

I'm not going to argue with you, you are coming across as very hard, and very angry :)

Have a nice day as, we say over here.

What is going on?! If they’ve figured out the issue for the constant injuries why aren’t they telling us? Yilmaz overall game might be better but, for all his faults, fitness wise Barasic has been much more reliable.

Back