St Johnstone chairman communicates with fans about two transfer sales

Good to see transparency like that between the club and fans.

On a side note, surely Ali McCann was worth a punt if he was valued at £1.75 million? I have watched 2/4 of St Johnstone’s EL qualifiers this season and he was an absolute standout. I think we will regret losing out on him.

Sounds like he had his eyes set on England. I know the Europa league is indeed a higher level but other than the 6 games we’ll play in the groups, he’s not ‘testing himself at a higher level’ by moving to another team in the league.

Sounds like he had his eyes set on England. I know the Europa league is indeed a higher level but other than the 6 games we’ll play in the groups, he’s not ‘testing himself at a higher level’ by moving to another team in the league.

He’ll be looking to play in the EPL in a few years, these days those clubs pay a lot more attention to their championship than what’s going on up here that’s clear enough.

It’s a nice statement but the fee for McCann still feels really low. He could have a good season in the championship and go for big money. The exact same way Waghorn did to be honest….
Or he’ll be like most of the supposedly talented young Scots who fail miserably and end up at Aberdeen, Hibs or worse.

Would he have made the same decision had it been Rangers that offered McCann a life changing amount of money and same fee?

I see on Twitter a few St J fans getting angry at Brown the chairman saying hes a Rangers man. They’re pathetic.

I see on Twitter a few St J fans getting angry at Brown the chairman saying hes a Rangers man. They’re pathetic.
They are. He has played a part in giving them the best season in their history by a long way. Treating players right is key way to work at a club like that. He is treating fans with respect. Should be applauded for that.

Think we will regret not doing a deal for McCann.

Back