Stadiums most similar to ours?

Phil'ieve

Anyone ever seen a stadium that looks really similar to/reminds you of Ibrox? I don't have any suggestions I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed any:D random thought that came in to my head.

Parken in Copenhagen if the seats were blue.

Telia Parken | Sports arenas | VisitCopenhagen

I always think the front Main/Struth Stand is very similar to Buckingham Palace and can't help thinking it was deliberate.

Copenhagen Ajax and Sunderland

Sunderland might not look like Ibrox but the view and way rows go back are similar to Copand/Broomland/Govan

Yep, the original main stand front. It looked shit though, as you would expect.
It certainly was never any match for Ibrox but the frontage they built to replace their original Leitch main stand is much much uglier. It's just naff looking at it.

McDiarmid Park was often referred to as a "Mini Ibrox" when it was built.

The rebuilt Ibrox was based on Dortmund's stadium in the 70s, but they've expanded there's and changed it since then.

The main stand front is amazingly similar to the Cairo National Museum (look it up!)

The rebuilt Ibrox was based on Dortmund's stadium in the 70s, but they've expanded there's and changed it since then.

The main stand front is amazingly similar to the Cairo National Museum (look it up!)
I'm pretty certain that it has been confirmed that the Cairo Museum heavily influenced Archibald Leitch's Ibrox Stadium design.

Reactions: TQ3
I'm pretty certain that it has been confirmed that the Cairo Museum heavily influenced Archibald Leitch's Ibrox Stadium design.
From what I understand, auld Archie boy had fallen behind on the project because he was out on the swally.

When he realised he had fúcked it on the morning his design was meant to be submitted, he remembered he had a drawing of the Cairo Museum at the back of his desk.

He quickly traced over it, submitted that at his own work and the rest is history.

Always thought that about McDiarmid when I was young, at least when the multicoloured seats were still at Ibrox.

The Den has got to be modelled on the Ibrox rebuild of 78-81

Not a stadium, but I’ve always thought that the Fairfield Heritage building in Govan next to BAE looks very similar to the Ibrox frontage.

The first time my son saw a picture of the outside of the Blackpool Tower, he asked why someone had built the Eiffel Tower in the middle of Ibrox. He was only about 4!

Back