Standing at games

I remember when standing first became a thing at the new hampden years ago. Played against Celtic and I stood because all in front of me where standing. Boy behind me is going nuts at me I simply told him if the rest sit on their arse I’d do the same until then I need to stand to see the game. Me and my girls season tickets are govan rear and the amount of times the boy behind us goes mental at people in front of us standing up is comical tbh.
There is absolutely no fukkin need to stand in the Govan rear. I can accept people get up and down at an exciting part of the play, but otherwise sit on yer arse. Or get yourself tickets for lower tiers.

Purely from a selfish point of view I much prefer it.
You're right I'm afraid, it is a selfish point of view.
I really enjoyed standing in the Enclosure, used to walk from West to East at half time when Rangers shot towards the East Terracing in the second half. Really miss being able to stand in the Enclosure, think it would be ideal for safe standing. However as others have already said in this thread, many have paid for a seat and are unable to stand for 90 minutes, not that they should have to.
Is it not reasonable to show consideration for others and take your seat (in accordance with ground regulations), or is courtesy and consideration truly a thing of the past ?

Everyone stands in broomloan front,maybe have to move soon due to not being fit to stand for 90 minutes
There's an older lad that sits in front of me in BF5. Real mobility issues, can't get anywhere without his stick. He watches the majority of each game on the big screen above the away fans cause the guys in front of him just won't sit down. I've sat in BF5 for years but I'm lucky in that I'm a big tall bastard so I can see over most people even when sat down but I feel for those who aren't in the same position.

You're right I'm afraid, it is a selfish point of view.
I really enjoyed standing in the Enclosure, used to walk from West to East at half time when Rangers shot towards the East Terracing in the second half. Really miss being able to stand in the Enclosure, think it would be ideal for safe standing. However as others have already said in this thread, many have paid for a seat and are unable to stand for 90 minutes, not that they should have to.
Is it not reasonable to show consideration for others and take your seat (in accordance with ground regulations), or is courtesy and consideration truly a thing of the past ?

At home I understand folks frustrations, but is there even a point in bringing up away games and games at hampden?

I don’t think I’ve ever sat down at a game away from home in my life, it’s hardly going to catch on now.

Sit all the time in the club deck.
Stand at away games, obv - no choice if you want to see the match. My older boy would rather sit, but the younger one stands on his seat. On Sunday, there was a shorter woman just behind us, whose view might have been blocked a wee bit, but she just moved a wee bit to the side.
The idea of designated seating areas is quite amusing, though - the whole of Hampden, Ibrox and most of other stadiums in the top league are designated seating areas.

Put all the uncouth people who prefer standing behind the goals where they belong, let the normal people sit with the decent view of the game on either side. Easy fix.

South Stand Hampden
Decent view. Yet need to stand as everyone doing it. I'd rather sit as standing has nothing to lean on.

Ibrox Copland front. Some banger has taken to getting his kid standing on seat in front of me. Its a fucking pain and can't continue.

Thought stewards were meant to deal with such stuff but steal a wage and do nothing about anything.

There is absolutely no fukkin need to stand in the Govan rear. I can accept people get up and down at an exciting part of the play, but otherwise sit on yer arse. Or get yourself tickets for lower tiers.
They are standing for exciting moments in games and standing because boys in front of them are standing also.

At home I understand folks frustrations, but is there even a point in bringing up away games and games at hampden?

I don’t think I’ve ever sat down at a game away from home in my life, it’s hardly going to catch on now.
Spot on, don't even know why it's being discussed as if it's some new phenomenon over the past few weeks. It's here to stay for Hampden and all away games, nothing will change.

Last edited:
It’s a real shame for the older ones, I was in the North stand and an older lady was a few seats away. Must have been well into her 60s, hearing aid in, red, white and blue earrings, nails painted and she looked super excited to be attending with her daughter.

Fifteen mins in and she was trying to lean back into the seat, which was upright and trying to get a comfortable position whilst standing.

They should try to make one section for people over a certain age so that they can all sit and the ones that want to stand can do so separately.

I remember back around the late 90’s in the East Enclosure the stewards would actually walk down the aisle telling people to sit down, which didn’t work because they started at the back and worked forwards. It invariably led to a shouting match as folk would rightly argue that the person in front was standing!

I much prefer standing but understand how that could cause problems for some behind me,that is why we need safe standing areas.I don't know how you can stop standing at bit games though,most people want to stand when they are excited.

In the Broomloan Front there’s obviously been a push to get people to stand and it’s spread to most but not all of that stand. But what I really don’t get is when one or two individuals stand up in the middle of an area where people are all sat down as if to try and make a point. Invariably they stand in silence, kinda putting to bed the whole “the atmosphere is better when people stand” argument

For home games and the national stadium. Provide a safe standing area, big enough for all of those who wish to stand (me) and the problem should be solved. As always, we are trailing behind the rest of Europe on this.

Can see both sides of this . On one hand yes it’s unfair on older and younger fans.on the other union Bears take over the middle of stand at every away game so now everyone just sits where they want .That suits me but not everyone .As earlier poster said you’re pissing in the wind if you expect change

Standing i can handle.

Its the bams who double up through the gate that annoy me. About 3 guys to 1 seat in front of ye.
That pisses me off so fucking much. When Idah scored at Ibrox there was a mass exodus, I'm talking hundreds of people in my section.

I looked around at the full time whistle and the section was still choc full.

I know of at least one steward who was taking £20 to open the fire exit at the main stand and let folk in.

Wow, hardman.
Rid neck of a man*

Pretty sure he was the poster who was gonna single handedly round up all the people who vape in his section and batter them.

Then in a later post, was asking if Rangers could provide him with an app so he could report them anonymously.

Could maybe add standing punters as an add on to his app. :))

One of the reasons I’m giving my season ticket up. I’m Main Stand rear where no one really stands however the 2 boys in front off my just stand. The older guys behind me then can’t see (& also wouldn’t be able to for 90 minutes) so they tell them to sit down. An argument then ensues at every game. Eventually the boys do tend to sit down however they moan for the rest of the game about everyone & how hard done by they are. It just makes being there a bit miserable.
What section you in?

I've never seen anyone stand for any length of time at Ibrox and I sit in the Main Stand Rear. Seems a bit of a bizarre reason to give up a season ticket.
I’d say it’s the straw that broke the camel’s back. Considered giving it up each season for the past couple due to the cost but have always ended up renewing as I know it’ll be so hard to get back. Tried to move one season, due to the area I’m in, but I’m in a restricted view seat which means the price is lower than a lot of other areas so just couldn’t justify paying the amount for the seat I was offered. I think how miserable it’s been, with all the arguments between the people around me, meant this year when I looked at the price of renewing this was the year I thought I can’t pay this for something I’m not fully enjoying anymore. So it’s not the only reason I’m giving it up but it’s the thing that made me do it this year after considering it for a while.

When I was a kid my dad took me to various stadiums. This was before all seated stadium. We’d stand down the front or behind exits built into the stand. This meant that nobody was in front of us. Sometimes he’d just sit me on a railing. I loved it. Standing was great fun as a kid.

What did older folk do before Ibrox was rebuilt?
Sit in the main stand.

Back