Sterling - “I don’t know if the belief is there…”

An honest answer but worrying nonetheless. An insight into the current mindset in the dressing room. A big difference to the gaffers ‘we played good’ interview last night (even though I’m of the opinion he’s just protecting the players here).

This is screaming out so much about the lack of leadership within the dressing room. I do admire his honesty I suppose but, the attitude from them all has to change ASAP !

Last edited:
For Sterling to come out with this is quite strange.

Especially after Clements rant. I would have thought they were all singing from the same sheet.

I love Dujon and would have him start every game. But, is he not also saying that he too doesn't believe? And, if so, he probably didn't believe at all like the rest of them?

I certainly don't blame Sterling for this collapse. He tries and he had the bravery to face that interview too.
100%. Back from injury, and although versatile playing out of position. Probably the most uncomfortable presser he'll do. Hats off for his honesty rather tthan the usual sound bites.

I love Dujon and would have him start every game. But, is he not also saying that he too doesn't believe? And, if so, he probably didn't believe at all like the rest of them?
stunned-silence-gif-3.gif

When it came to the crunch the pressure got to the manager looking at his starting line ups the past few games.

Injuries and fitness have greatly impacted his ability to get the best out of this squad. It's never as simple as, play the best team. Not when you've had as many injury break downs as we've had this season.

The Raskin situation, coupled with the Diomandé injury has obliterated our midfield. Compounded by the fact we don't have a left back so we're relying on Dujon to bail us out. It all goes back to the summer and the piss poor job of rebuilding the squad from last year. It's imbalanced and breaks far too easily.

Finally a bit of honesty. This stems from the Captain.

How can you be in a dressing room and have a junior player question the belief. If he’s not seeing it, and is brave enough to say it, its clearly not there.

Tavenier is never a Rangers Captain and should be stripped of the armband and told to leave this summer.

I think that says it all about the leadership within that group
Says to me they are sitting quiet in the dressing room suddenly think oh crap what happens if we lose this…lo and behold here we are. Instead they should be louder, in earlier telling everyone we can write our names in the history books, 55 we had no fans this one will be unbelievable so let’s fight for everything go like it’s a cup final and we’ll be legends lads. You’ll never buy a pint again in certain pubs we can do this boys.

Anyone that plus within themselves for whatever reason then gets a bollocking of pull your weight or leave now, you’re not bringing us down.

Bottled and now they won’t be able to show face in certain pubs.

yes he is talking about the team.

I know lots on here want it to be aimed at Tav and Goldson only but it's not.

It's a collective , team wins together , the team lose together.

Can you imagine however if Tav had said the same , this place would be going mental (well it already is ,let's face it)

How this has changed within a matter of weeks is baffling. Something must have happened behind the scenes.
Same thing that has happened every other time expectation has been placed on the core of this squad.

They shite themselves.

%^*& all will change until certain individuals who have been around a long time are out the door.

And now we have a ‘story’ in the lead-up to the game, all due to the nonsense the manager spoke.

Clement will be asked about it in the press conference - is he going to publicly disagree with Sterling?

Can you imagine however if Tav had said the same , this place would be going mental (well it already is ,let's face it)
It was when Goldson said it post hibs. I didn't mind it then and I don't mind it now, just confused as it seems like Duj is also implicating himself in the lack of belief.

Agree it’s aimed at the group.

However the standards in that dressing room are being set by several losers.

Goldsons comments after losing at Hampden and Taverniers programme notes are referenced regularly on here.
Goldsons comment re Hibs game was pretty poor.

Sterling's just seems a guy telling it is. No we must learn guff.

I've an issue with the subject of Sterling's comment if it is true but not going to go nuts for him speaking his mind.

How this has changed within a matter of weeks is baffling. Something must have happened behind the scenes.
You could suggest that if this is out of character but in our case it's keeping up with the trend. We've lived this several times under several managers.
There comes a point need to look at the common denominators, while still acknowledging the role Managers play & the impact their skillset has on things.

And now we have a ‘story’ in the lead-up to the game, all due to the nonsense the manager spoke.

Clement will be asked about it in the press conference - is he going to publicly disagree with Sterling?

I don't think Dujon speaks out of turn without the managers blessing tbh. I don't think he's gone rogue.

I think the squad has to do some soul searching, because only they can fix it and rise to the occasion. The manager has pushed and praised them all season to get them to the point they are now, only they can take the next step.

Of course it would be a different reaction if the team Capt says it as, he is the guy that's meant to be helping his team mates have the belief we can win the title!

Have the newer players questioned the dressing room leadership and the leadership have downed tools with a petted lip. Would explain a lot.

Finally a bit of honesty. This stems from the Captain.

How can you be in a dressing room and have a junior player question the belief. If he’s not seeing it, and is brave enough to say it, its clearly not there.

Tavenier is never a Rangers Captain and should be stripped of the armband and told to leave this summer.
Watch your back.

Back