Strange goings on at a Primary school in Glasgow

The dad knows a couple of the other parents and is going to sound them out first before he brings it up. He's conscious of looking like an arsehole but he's fuming.
Why should he look like an "arsehole"? All he'd be doing is as a concerned parent asking the headteacher for clarification as to why a single Rangers ball was confiscated yet several Celtc ones freely handed out by the PE teacher? If it's upset his wee fella he's got every right to seek an explanation.

Take the angle that no corporate entity should be forcing their brand into the education system.

WHSmith jotters? Coca Cola providing "refreshments"? McDonalds free lunches? No, no one would have that. Why would branded PE equipment be any different?

It's a state school, not a fking advertising opportunity.
Absolutely bang on the button!
Advertisers are always going to target their demographic and it's quite right that there are now laws in place to curb their efforts with regard to targeting children with the likes of junk/fast food but Political Parties influencing the syllabus in our schools is or should be an absolute no-no!
It's a worldwide Nationalist trait.....get the hearts and minds of the children!
We didn't fight and win two World Wars to end up being subjected to this kind of shit!

A teacher at my sons high school has taken a dislike to him as he questioned her for having a Celtic mug on her desk. The wee man quickly pointed out that he is not allowed anything Rangers within the school so why was it different for her, said mug has never been seen again while he's been in her class!!

A teacher at my sons high school has taken a dislike to him as he questioned her for having a Celtic mug on her desk. The wee man quickly pointed out that he is not allowed anything Rangers within the school so why was it different for her, said mug has never been seen again while he's been in her class!!
Excellent parenting mate, the boy sounds like he's on the right track for sure.

Good on the fella!
As long as he asked the question in a calm and respectful manner (which I'm sure he did) he's every right to question his teacher.
Well done that man!

Put up the school's name.I would happily email in.That's a disgrace.Pushing the tims on our kids.Trying to make them the only team in the city while white washing us. If it was a single action..not too bad but as a patter of attacks and chip chip at the unionist community..it can't be unanswered.

No brainer.Follow this up.You can't let it slide.

Faither should get fcking torn into them. If it happens to my 3 year old when he goes i'll create carnage.
If this happened 20 years ago the pe teacher or whoever was taking the piss would have just been battered end of. Find him kick f Uck out of him move on

Frankly, growing up, I was appalled at the number of non-Catholics in my school who supported that mob.
We had a small handful of Sheep/Scumdee Utd./Murderwell fans at my school who were roundly laughed at on a regular basis.
I'm sure there were one or two Paedo fans,but given I went to Larkhall Academy they obviously valued their life too much to admit to it.

They wouldn't have lasted two f.ucking minutes.

I notice this here and there at my kids nursery.

Just wee things but there’s an agenda. They’re learning about flags so it’s the saltire. Fine and dandy since we’re Scottish. They’re learning anthems since it’s musical and it’s Flower of Scotland - fine again (though it’s a dirge at the best of time’s)

There’s been a number of other things and it just screams “Nationalism”

They’ve done project for a few news worth events.

Royal wedding? Hee haw said or done about it at all.

I’m all for educating on different topics and not just my “beliefs” but it’s got to be balanced.

The OP isn’t in the slightest over reacting and indeed, the wife’s attitude is typical of “us”

“ach don’t say anything...it’s no big deal”

I understand that stance. However, has it been the other way round and it was Rangers footballs, you can bet your bottom dollar it’d be made an issue of.

I didn’t want things to be like this but while they’ve taken this tact, damn right I’ll make my point when it’s required.

Edit, I see the point of nationalist slants has been made by others.

While football “issues” would bother my wife less, that would as she’s fervently against the SNPs Indy nonsense. Any of that shite at school and the questions will be asked formally.

Unbelievable but not unsurprising.

Could anyone seriously imagine a teacher at an apartheid school giving out Rangers balls.

He or she would be down the buroo pronto.

We had a small handful of Sheep/Scumdee Utd./Murderwell fans at my school who were roundly laughed at on a regular basis.
I'm sure there were one or two Paedo fans,but given I went to Larkhall Academy they obviously valued their life too much to admit to it.

They wouldn't have lasted two f.ucking minutes.
We also had Aberdeen fans, and the odd other club fan like Motherwell, or Nearlydeed Utd. But several Tims, a few of which were Catholic, but most of which weren’t. In Larkhall you sure wouldn’t admit it!

Reactions: cav
I notice this here and there at my kids nursery.

Just wee things but there’s an agenda. They’re learning about flags so it’s the saltire. Fine and dandy since we’re Scottish. They’re learning anthems since it’s musical and it’s Flower of Scotland - fine again (though it’s a dirge at the best of time’s)

There’s been a number of other things and it just screams “Nationalism”

They’ve done project for a few news worth events.

Royal wedding? Hee haw said or done about it at all.

I’m all for educating on different topics and not just my “beliefs” but it’s got to be balanced.

The OP isn’t in the slightest over reacting and indeed, the wife’s attitude is typical of “us”

“ach don’t say anything...it’s no big deal”

I understand that stance. However, has it been the other way round and it was Rangers footballs, you can bet your bottom dollar it’d be made an issue of.

I didn’t want things to be like this but while they’ve taken this tact, damn right I’ll make my point when it’s required.

Edit, I see the point of nationalist slants has been made by others.

While football “issues” would bother my wife less, that would as she’s fervently against the SNPs Indy nonsense. Any of that shite at school and the questions will be asked formally.

Hitler's youth right enough. It's all apart of the SNP/Celtic's attempt to brainwash the youth. Obvious, they get away with it because anyone who opposes is a 'bigot'.

I’d be straight up to the school over the confiscated ball on the basis of double standards. Nothing to be conscious about.

It's times like this I wish I was a sub editor writing the headlines for a red top.

CATHOLIC TEACHER DEMANDS CHILDREN PLAY WITH HIS CELTIC BALLS

You were not allowed to ware either or when I was at school. Would not have been allowed to take part in PE if you had.

The PE teacher is a Tim and taking away a Rangers ball for Tim balls is out of order. He needs his fucking peas parted!

It should not be allowed. It's basic propaganda material. This PE gimp is definitely trying to recruit. Like they all seem to have the need to do. Seemingly innocuous to many but it's far more sinister and we all know it.
There is a culture war going on and people think you're a maniac if you tell them that.

Sound out the bullying fuuk for confiscating the RANGERS baw and steam right intae the wank for making the weans play with the sellik shite.

Claim the dick for after 4.

Worth a phone call to the headmaster at least

Imagine the headlines in the rags if it was the other way round .

Celtic could donate balls workout them having club cystsc or whatever on them. Doing so is is thinly veiled propaganda

If the school took his Rangers ball away then under Scots Law that is theft as the school is denying the owner the use of their property which is equivalent to theft. This is the reason why private car clamping firms cannot operate in Scotland.

The dad knows a couple of the other parents and is going to sound them out first before he brings it up. He's conscious of looking like an arsehole but he's fuming.

And so he should be.
It's out and out prejudice

I'm going back 20 years here, but my son came home with a note from the school to tell me he couldn't bring his Rangers school bag into school as football team merchandise wasn't permitted.

Next day he went into school with a brand new red, white and blue New York Rangers school bag, complete with a huge "Rangers" right across it.
It was far more in your face than the one he had.

I sat back and waited for the letter and sure as f uck it arrived.

Needless to say, I sought the heidy out for a wee word in her ear.

It was fun putting her in her place.
Fucking cow.

Won't name it, but a mate has a young relative who attends a non-denominational school in Glasgow. The wee fella went to school one day all excited he was getting football in P.E/gym.

Came home sulking and told his mum and dad he didn't enjoy it because "the teacher made us use Celtic balls".

On further investigation the school did indeed provide a bag full of official Yahoo merchandise footballs for the kids to play with. After one wee guy allegedly having his own Rangers ball that he brought in confiscated.

The boys dad is wanting to contact the school to question it. His missus thinks he's overreacting and will look like a prick if he does.

Is this normal behaviour from the school or is something sinister going on?

I don't know if you file under sinister but you can file under wrong.

Absolute bullshit to be frank.

I'm going back 20 years here, but my son came home with a note from the school to tell me he couldn't bring his Rangers school bag into school as football team merchandise wasn't permitted.

Next day he went into school with a brand new red, white and blue New York Rangers school bag, complete with a huge "Rangers" right across it.
It was far more in your face than the one he had.

I sat back and waited for the letter and sure as f uck it arrived.

Needless to say, I sought the heidy out for a wee word in her ear.

It was fun putting her in her place.
Fucking cow.
couple years ago during winter, I stuck a new York rangers tammy on to keep my head warm when I was in town doing a bit of shopping,, nipped in for a pint in the iron horse, the wee lassie behind the bar, said I would have to remove it before being served,, when I enquired why this was the case,, she said no old firm colours allowed as to not antagonise one set of fans or the other,, when I pointed out the team in question ,were in fact an ice hockey team from over the atlantic this seemed to confuse her somewhat,, , but it says rangers on your hat ,yes I replied it also says new York not Glasgow,, thankfully an older gentlemen behind the bar pulled the barmaid aside and had a wee word ,upturn was I got my pint with my tammy still on my napper

Take the angle that no corporate entity should be forcing their brand into the education system.

WHSmith jotters? Coca Cola providing "refreshments"? McDonalds free lunches? No, no one would have that. Why would branded PE equipment be any different?

It's a state school, not a fking advertising opportunity.

This is the way forward. Dont mention the Rangers thing, just that you are unhappy with your child being exposed to corporate advertising while at school.

What is the name of the school and who is the mentally challenged teacher,Sectarianism by stealth.

Won't name it, but a mate has a young relative who attends a non-denominational school in Glasgow. The wee fella went to school one day all excited he was getting football in P.E/gym.

Came home sulking and told his mum and dad he didn't enjoy it because "the teacher made us use Celtic balls".

On further investigation the school did indeed provide a bag full of official Yahoo merchandise footballs for the kids to play with. After one wee guy allegedly having his own Rangers ball that he brought in confiscated.

The boys dad is wanting to contact the school to question it. His missus thinks he's overreacting and will look like a prick if he does.

Is this normal behaviour from the school or is something sinister going on?

Celtic balls, was it a Gaelic school. :oops::oops::oops:

In all seriousness thou this is the type of double standards that needs to be stamped out.

If you don't have a copy, then i'd first write an email/letter to the head teacher asking for a copy of the school rules/guidelines/code of conduct advising that Should they fail to supply them that you will contact the local authority education department asking for the same. That threat to go higher should make them to comply.

Once you have the rules/code of conduct search for anything relating to football colours etc. If they have a blanket ban on all football or an old firm ban they you have cause to complain. To maximise the impact I'd start of by apologising for your son bringing in a rangers football and as you were unaware of the guidlines on football colours. Then I'd attack that if a rangers ball can be confiscated for being football colours then why is the PE teacher supplying Celtic balls for PE lessons. State that under the schools rules this is not acceptable and you hope that the situation would be remedied with the upmost urgency.

Should there be no ban on football colours in the school rules then I'd word my email/letter with a little more vigour and forcefulness. Pointing out the blatant double standards, or more exact, the bigotry on show from the PE teacher thru his actions.

Obviously it will aid his cause to have additional parents as signatories to his complaint.

If that fails I'd goto the local authority and repeat also another piece of advice is to document dates and copies of all correspondence sent incase they manage to lose it or never receive it, that's why emails would probably be better as there is a paper trail to follow.

Hope it helps.

I would ask to speak to the head regarding an issue of inequality and then at meeting calmly ask what the policy is on equal rights etc and ask for a copy of the schools policy. They will sh!te themselves. Then explain why you wanted meeting and that it will probably be in breach of school policy explain calmly that you will now contact the education authority. You will get a result as im sure head doesn't know about pe teachers actions us the last thing any head will want is focus on their school. Its not being arsey its looking after your wean. My daughter was getting bullied and i approached school and was fobbed off with all excuses. Finally i told them i was going to head of local education authority as theyd had their chance to resolve it and failed...phone call within 10 minutes of my email...problem sorted. I dont care what the head or school think of me cos my wean is now happy going to school and no longer bullied. Apologies for length of post

Never got to your post before writing my reply wish I had would have saved me 10mins of typing as I could have just put....

What he said lol

Just for clarity, was the Rangers ball confiscated because it was a Rangers ball or for some other reason?
If our top and the green and grey filth are both banned, what about sending him with an England top on to see what the excuse might be for not allowing that?
Getting a copy of their policy will give something concrete to base any arguments on. If it specifically mentions us and them then the pe teacher should be in hot water and a written apology to the child should be in order from both him and the head.

I really think the wee chap’s father should raise this as an issue with the school.

I accept it’s a bit petty but the drip, drip, drip effect generally gets a free ride because we as a section of society have been cowed into not complaining in case we are accused of bigotry.

Polite and firm is the way to go and as others have posted point out the hypocrisy of no Rangers or celtc strips and advertising, free publicity etc.

WATP

Back