Strange goings on at a Primary school in Glasgow

A shit load of mentally challenged balls are used but the Rangers ball is not allowed.

Sounds very sinister to me.
The big question is WHY are Rangers' balls not allowed while celtc ones are , if a satisfactory answer is not forthcoming then complain to the Minister of Education who is a Mr. Larry Flanagan ? ....... on second thoughts maybe better to complain to the Schools Parents Committee .
FFS those Ministers canny half get the jobs ! :eek:

Frankly, growing up, I was appalled at the number of non-Catholics in my school who supported that mob.

A few at mine as well. They were just attention seeking, look at me i want to be different arseholes. Obviously their mummy and daddy didn't give them the attention they craved at home. Bad upbringing with no knowledge whatsoever of democracy, protestantism,unionism or knowledge of catholism and the Pope being the biggest dictator in the world.

Only a month till the summer holidays and then weans can burn the school down...Celtc balls included.

Reactions: STU
I really think the wee chap’s father should raise this as an issue with the school.

I accept it’s a bit petty but the drip, drip, drip effect generally gets a free ride because we as a section of society have been cowed into not complaining in case we are accused of bigotry.

Polite and firm is the way to go and as others have posted point out the hypocrisy of no Rangers or celtc strips and advertising, free publicity etc.

WATP
I don’t think it’s petty at all. It’s the responsibility of the parent to complain. This is just not acceptable.

I’d ask for a meeting with the PE head. Ask what the score is, casual like, and let them hang thamselves (with answers that aint right). In my experience tackling issues direct with teachers gets the best result.

The big question is WHY are Rangers' balls not allowed while celtc ones are , if a satisfactory answer is not forthcoming then complain to the Minister of Education who is a Mr. Larry Flanagan ? ....... on second thoughts maybe better to complain to the Schools Parents Committee .

Who is that? John Swinney is the head of education in Scotland.

Most schools force you to go through SMT first. Chances of a direct meeting with the teacher are rare.

I smell a rat ...
Promoting the scum club ,yet if you dare complain they'll make you out as the bigot..

Just name the school. Dunno why you would hide the schools identity for using celtic balls....not like the schools been beating kids up is it. sounds like a made up story to me.
I would tend to agree. Without naming the school then it's Jackanory.

Not a chance I'm naming the school on an open internet forum. Then it's twitter/Facebook page gets bombarded and no doubt a few of the messages take things too far.

It's also not my kid, not my kids school, and not really a situation that's anything to do with me. I put it up to discuss a fellow Rangers supporters situation with his kids school and see what others would do in his situation.

Don't see how the name of the school is relevant. And the "name the school or it's bullshit" posts above sound straight out the playground to be honest.

The pictures of the kids playing with those balls are on the schools social media page for parents to see. I'm sure a few will have questions to ask.

All football colours are usually not on at schools these days. So that is extremely sleekit and if it was my sons school I’d be complaining.

I'd just knock %^*& out of the PE teacher but I'm hard as %^*&.

In all seriousness tho he has every right to complain. If anyone labels him a bigot he should laugh in their face. Imagine the furore that would follow if a bag of Rangers balls were to be used for PE at a school like Our Lady of Lourdes?

This is actually quite sinister!

If it had been at my school the mhanky balls would have been booted so far down the street, even the fittest celtc minded PE teacher couldn't have caught up with them. :D

If it had been at my school the mhanky balls would have been booted so far down the street, even the fittest celtc minded PE teacher couldn't have caught up with them. :D
In my primary school (Larkhall) we would’ve tanned the balls with a pen knife, and then probably battered the teacher as well.....

Larry Flanagan is the general secretary of EIS ,John Swinney is minister of education

What would be the reaction if kids wore a Rangers kit to do PE in, or a Celtic kit for that matter? If club kits are banned the same rule should apply to club branded footballs.
The OP mentions a bag of Celtic branded footballs. Are Celtic doing give aways to schools in Scotland? It's be a typically exploitative move if they are.

It's difficult to say anything not knowing what school it is but it sounds a lot like some sort of sponsorship arrangement.

It's maybe easy for me to say this as I'm an agnostic but what does religion have to do with this situation. If the parent mentions it then the argument is lost.

The question is much simpler than that, why are you promoting one football team over others.

In no way im I a super intellectual person but even i can see a solution to the Scottish Governments crusade to rid the country of sectarianism.
STOP all separatist schooling!
All schools should be mixes and sometime to learn about all religions but if parents want their children brought up in a faith they do that in their own time at home or on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday or whatever their holy day is.

I think the main issue is propaganda in schools. My two boys have had SNP shite at their schools that had to be nipped in the bud and if there was irafc propaganda I'd definitely be having a word.

If there's hypocrisy dealing with Rangers v irafc thays
sllightly less insidious but I'd also be bringing it up.

Both totally unacceptable.

Like the take it to your MP idea too.

You realise referencing religion makes you look moronic?

You realise it makes us look as weirdly obsessed with religion as them.

Stop it.
You realise that with regard to them they are a club predominantly supported by Catholics? And therefore the comment is relevant, like it or not. Thanks for your input though Dad.

You realise that with regard to them they are a club predominantly supported by Catholics? And therefore the comment is relevant, like it or not. Thanks for your input though Dad.

I couldn’t give a %^*& what they are supported by they all come under scum to me no matter their religion.

You being “appalled” at somebody’s football team due to their religion is pretty sad and doesn’t paint you or the club you’re representing on here in a good light.

Box smart, as soon as you start acting like the filth and throwing religion into everything you risk looking as sad, pathetic and as open to ridicule as them.

I would ask to speak to the head regarding an issue of inequality and then at meeting calmly ask what the policy is on equal rights etc and ask for a copy of the schools policy. They will sh!te themselves. Then explain why you wanted meeting and that it will probably be in breach of school policy explain calmly that you will now contact the education authority. You will get a result as im sure head doesn't know about pe teachers actions us the last thing any head will want is focus on their school. Its not being arsey its looking after your wean. My daughter was getting bullied and i approached school and was fobbed off with all excuses. Finally i told them i was going to head of local education authority as theyd had their chance to resolve it and failed...phone call within 10 minutes of my email...problem sorted. I dont care what the head or school think of me cos my wean is now happy going to school and no longer bullied. Apologies for length of post

Excellent post.

This is exactly right. Get informed. Argue from a strong position. Get the result you want.

So, @TN8 , I'd encourage your mate to follow this proposed route almost to the letter.

An obvious yahoo infecting children with propaganda in a school environment has to be challenged, though

Find out where the school purchased the balls from. Maybe their budget was limited and they had to buy cheap shite? Maybe the beasts gifted the balls to them?

I couldn’t give a %^*& what they are supported by they all come under scum to me no matter their religion.

You being “appalled” at somebody’s football team due to their religion is pretty sad and doesn’t paint you or the club you’re representing on here in a good light.

Box smart, as soon as you start acting like the filth and throwing religion into everything you risk looking as sad, pathetic and as open to ridicule as them.
Put your pompous voice back in its box. Even your username makes you out like you think you’re some kind of policeman. There are far bigger targets to hit on here if you’re looking for a fight about behaviours, comments, views and attitudes to Rangers, religion, acceptable behaviour or otherwise. Trust me. Enjoy your day.

I can tell you for sure it’s not my school! The balls would be getting launched into the park across the road whenever I took gym!

Definitely complain, the PE teacher is trying to push his scabby club onto the kids. Should be using all standard PE kit.

Do it calmly though.

The way my highschool (Rosshall) decided to deal with it was; no Rangers, Celtic, England, NI, RoI kitchen however Scotland was okay even though no one wanted to wear it :eek:

At least Celtic balls is not a euphemism, for once.
2a82bno.jpg

Overreaction imo. Just tell the kids to lose them in imaginative ways.

At my sons school they had rangers in last year to do some community coaching. This year they also had he rotters and I assumed this was about balancing it out but, to my surprise, Rangers were back again.

Both clubs are trying to catch the youth. Obviously they have a captive audience and witchcraft at play in some areas but our club is upping its game and a levelling of the playing field will only serve to show who the real bigots are.

Not a chance I'm naming the school on an open internet forum. Then it's twitter/Facebook page gets bombarded and no doubt a few of the messages take things too far.

It's also not my kid, not my kids school, and not really a situation that's anything to do with me. I put it up to discuss a fellow Rangers supporters situation with his kids school and see what others would do in his situation.

Don't see how the name of the school is relevant. And the "name the school or it's bullshit" posts above sound straight out the playground to be honest.

The pictures of the kids playing with those balls are on the schools social media page for parents to see. I'm sure a few will have questions to ask.
I get where you're coming from. This needs to be pursued as a question as to what is or isn't acceptable as part of the educational guidelines, rather than the action of what might be just a maverick act of partisanship. Having said that, it does follow a trend where that mhob feel anything goes to further their agenda. Still, if you can keep us posted on the outcome of this, no name-no pack drill, it would be appreciated. Any opportunity to nail them should be exploited.

Kids are there to learn.
Any equipment used should be clear of any logos, including clubs, Politics, Brands, there are plenty out there.

Back