The Juniors - 23/24 Season

Pollok picking up 4 from 6 this week from away trips to Ayrshire with a 4-2 victory at Darvel midweek and a 1-1 draw at reigning champs Beith yesterday.

Forced into a 3-5-2 with wing backs due to injuries and it's been a revolution. Great games, expecially yesterday at Bellsdale where a superb Owen Stott last minute wonder save denied Lok the 3 points but a draw was fair as Beith had chances too.

Pies also superb at both Recreation and Bellsdale, but the biscuits at Recreation and a beer made it a better away trip.

Back to Ayrshire next week with Hurlford in th WoSFL Cup
You can get a beer at halftime at Beith, the door on the left of the pie window takes you through to the lounge, agreed the pies are excellent :))

Someone said to me they heard he had two games to turn it round. I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave him to the cup semi but by then it might be too late for promotion the way things are going
They are 15 points off top of the league, and only 10 points off a relegation place!

Lok dug in yesterday and were unfortunate not to nick it at the death. On the balance of play and chances created, a share of the spoils was perhaps a fair result on the hill.

Blair Park next week. Expecting a hard game but will gladly take a repeat of the performance and scoreline down there from earlier in the season.

MTLN

P.S Glad to see that shrinkflation hasn't reached the Bellsdale Bovril!

You can get a beer at halftime at Beith, the door on the left of the pie window takes you through to the lounge, agreed the pies are excellent :))
Troons blaggis pies are immense. Haggis blackpudding and steak in a pie. Best football pies I've had

If there's any Lanark United followers on here or anyone that knows a decent amount about their squad can you pm me please. Thanks.

whats the story with hutton recently?

He's on loan at Darvel.

Darvel played Pollok in the WOSFL Cup Final, and Hutton played for Darvel v his parent club, Pollok didn't like it. Pollok were beaten fairly and squarely and were awful on the day.

Darvel played him anyway citing WOSFL rules that there is nothing stopping loan players playing v their parent club. There seems to be a "gentlemen's agreement" for this usually or maybe other teams thought it was a rule.

Strange one with Hutton, granted never seen much of his time with Pollok but when he played in the 2-2 draw with Clydebank at holm park for Darvel he was a standout. Seems to have kicked on a bit with Darvel as wasn’t getting a sniff at the Lok

Hurlford v talbot tonight. Always a difficult game there.

Hoping Largs can do us a turn by taking something off of Beith

Are they Still not allowed to go up?

They don't have a license yet, and even if they met all the criteria at the moment the SFA stopped taking new applications over a year ago. It's expected they will start taking applications again after this year's AGM but with a big increase in the fee, rumoured to be going up to 5k.

Hurlford v talbot tonight. Always a difficult game there.

Hoping Largs can do us a turn by taking something off of Beith

We scored in the first half and it was onside but as always the Ref made the wrong call and chopped it off.

We were by far the better side in the first half but never took our chances which has been common this year. Ciaran Divers certainly lives up to his name, rolling about several times when barely touched.

Beith ended up with a player sent off with 20 to go for a homophopic remark towards a Largs player.

Cumnock up next for us whilst we chase a higher finish than 6th to beat last year.

the season for us so far has been decent but shame we couldn't take anything last night.

We scored in the first half and it was onside but as always the Ref made the wrong call and chopped it off.

We were by far the better side in the first half but never took our chances which has been common this year. Ciaran Divers certainly lives up to his name, rolling about several times when barely touched.

Beith ended up with a player sent off with 20 to go for a homophopic remark towards a Largs player.

Cumnock up next for us whilst we chase a higher finish than 6th to beat last year.

the season for us so far has been decent but shame we couldn't take anything last night.

Ciaran is a good player but it won't be long before he's on the end of a few challenges having coached teams who have come up against him. A mouth on the park in quite a belittling way to others and loves to roll around as well.

Strange one with Hutton, granted never seen much of his time with Pollok but when he played in the 2-2 draw with Clydebank at holm park for Darvel he was a standout. Seems to have kicked on a bit with Darvel as wasn’t getting a sniff at the Lok
Really didn't work out at Pollok. Team looked a lot better when he wasn't in it IMO.

Drumchapel United all but guaranteed to be promoted to the top flight in the West after winning 3-0 at Shotts last night. Only Johnstone Burgh and Shotts can pass their current 56 points, Glencairn and Ashfield can only match that but would need huge swings in goal difference.

Annoyingly Petershill's best two performances in the league came against the Drum giving us two wins, but we've royally fecked it up by losing stupid points elsewhere.

Drumchapel United all but guaranteed to be promoted to the top flight in the West after winning 3-0 at Shotts last night. Only Johnstone Burgh and Shotts can pass their current 56 points, Glencairn and Ashfield can only match that but would need huge swings in goal difference.

Annoyingly Petershill's best two performances in the league came against the Drum giving us two wins, but we've royally fecked it up by losing stupid points elsewhere.
How many teams go up ??. Drum have been pretty consistant this season and deserve promotion

Personally think if you don’t meet the criteria to be promoted from the premier to lowland you shouldn’t be in the league , 3 seasons teams still not licensed etc , just a personal view

Personally think if you don’t meet the criteria to be promoted from the premier to lowland you shouldn’t be in the league , 3 seasons teams still not licensed etc , just a personal view

For 18 months of that the SFA haven't been accepting any new license applications, so what are clubs supposed to do?

Unfortunately it looks like no WOSFL team in the playoff again with Beith a win away from winning the league.
BAFC: It is with great pleasure that we can now celebrate the winning of the East of Scotland Premier league . This gives us the opportunity to go into the play offs with the South Champions and West Champions to win a place in the Lowland league (if clubs are licensed) . This should be clear within the next week and we will publish dates of when these will take place.

If WOSL winner isn’t licensed, playoff is with SOSL champions, Dalbeattie Star or Creetown (assuming the winner is licensed).

I’d rather see a playoff to determine Lowland league participation next season.

What's the reasoning behind this? I'm guessing this is the main reason Beith can't go up?

Beith are working towards the licence criteria but hit a problem when they applied for planning permission for floodlights. They thought that the council owned the ground, but it turned out to be owned by a trust. The problem now is that all the trustees are dead, and ownership of the ground has to be clarified before they can go any further.

Ultimately even if they did meet all the criteria then they couldn't even have applied.

Beith are working towards the licence criteria but hit a problem when they applied for planning permission for floodlights. They thought that the council owned the ground, but it turned out to be owned by a trust. The problem now is that all the trustees are dead, and ownership of the ground has to be clarified before they can go any further.

Ultimately even if they did meet all the criteria then they couldn't even have applied.
As far as I know they have everything in place to apply for the license but obviously cannot due to the SFA not issuing any. Some of the comments on here towards Beith over the last year or so are just embarrassing. Jealousy from the “big” boys. My affiliation to Beith is my son plays for them. I think I can give a balanced view on the WOSFL premiership. The standard of officiating is terrible, some of the decisions I have seen are mind boggling to say the least and that goes for and against! To slag a guy that has scored 42 goals this season for how he has played is ridiculous. I haven’t seen a team yet whose strikers don’t go down as soon as someone is on them. Pot kettle black etc. For what it’s worth I think anyone in the top half of that league is capable of winning it. Beith are just really good at scoring more than they give up. Guys that will run through a wall for each other.

Back