The old Rangers end at the Knew Camp

Yeah I remember it well it really was a piggery of a stadium, never forget when Alex Miller scored a screamer in the last minute to win the game.
Also back in the 60's and 70's we got half the stadium as they got half of Ibrox as well, including the main stand.
Of course, Alex Miller's goal naturally grabs most of the attention.

But for perhaps the best ever footage of the Rangers End at the Piggery, it came in the same game when Jim Bett opened the scoring.

Watch from 10 minutes and . . . ENJOY!

Of course, Alex Miller's goal naturally grabs most of the attention.

But for perhaps the best ever footage of the Rangers End at the Piggery, it came in the same game when Jim Bett opened the scoring.

Watch from 10 minutes and . . . ENJOY!
Work with a Tim then .We were both young and on about £25 a week with a few hours overtime. I'd already won a few pounds of him on bets against them. He wanted to bet me £10 that they would win that game .I told him no but he insisted, called me a shitebag.So I went ahead with the bet . We never had another bet after that. :)

Was tremendous and scary at the same time, especially when you were younger.

Weird to say, but I watched us from all 4 sides of the Piggery.

Main Stand was my first game aged 12 when we used to get half the stand. Lots of times in our end, and then cup semis and finals behind the other goals and the jungle.

As others have said, it was always overcrowded, but the busiest I ever felt it was behind the goals where Super scored his overhead kick against hibs in the final. Christ knows how many were behind that goal that day.

Back