The Premier League is madness

Really good piece, glad he had a dig at that fat bastard Postecoglu as well, I recall that exchange he had with the journo about tourist fans.

Mark the image you’ve posted isn’t appearing for me, just getting two wee empty boxes.

Any change of a link or even details of where the article appears please?

Was listening to some Charlton fan earlier talking about the FA cup replay thing and he said it’s only a matter of time he reckons before they want the franchise style NFL premier league with no promotion or relegation into it.

Can’t see it myself however.

There’s only so big the EPL can become before the innovation required to continue its growth becomes detrimental.

A game in the US, for example, will be lucrative but it stretches the credibility of the League, no matter what spin is put on it.

Greed will eventually make the EPL unsustainable.

They also have a major issue with the charges made against Man City.

Foreign ownership should be banned, which would be a start to bring clubs back to the communities from which they sprung.

Was listening to some Charlton fan earlier talking about the FA cup replay thing and he said it’s only a matter of time he reckons before they want the franchise style NFL premier league with no promotion or relegation into it.

Can’t see it myself however.
whatever creats the most money will be done!

When Hillpark Senior Secondary can fill a bus to see Man City v PSG in UCL,you realise the way the EPL has gone.
Huge TV deal (all the money goes to the players, no ST subsidy). UCL set up to suit top 5 leagues.
Restricted season ticket availability so "ordinary" football fans can buy a ticket.
To be fair this really only applies to a selected few clubs, but they're the big ones.

Back